The Valerie Harper Appreciation Thread

So glad she did Probst before her hospital stay. I fervently hope she gets well soon -- she's got a book signing here in LA next month and I can't wait to see her again!

I'm even more fond of her now after reading the above excerpts (her descripton of LB as "stunning, wonderful and warm" is WUNDAFUL!!!) and finding out that her real name is the same as my late great beloved (maternal) grandmother!

Heal quick, Val! :D

Valerie's interview with Jeff Probst today was terrific. She is such a great interviewee. I hope she feels better soon and continues her book tour because I would love to see her on more talk shows.

I know I got it but haven't watched it yet. Did she mention the ailment? BTW - I've just recently caught a few Probst shows and I'm a convert -- he's so charming! Yes I have to admit it's in large part because he's so accepting and cool about us gay folks and all... he had the Lane Twins on recently who shared their story of growing up and the recent success they've had this past year making, promoting and showing their WUNDAFUL doc From Hollywood to Dollywood at film festivals all around the country -- where it went on to win over 25 major film festival honors! (it's been shown recently by PBS and is now available on DVD -- highly recommended, BTW) -- and they really seemed to hit it off.

Bravo, Mr. Probst! Keep up the good work! :D

Oh no! I'm worried about Valerie. She seemed great on Good Morning America last week. It's a shame she can't continue with Looped. She was brilliant in it. However, I can't think of a more perfect choice of a replacement as Stefanie Powers. That is hilarious casting!

Here's hoping they re-brand the show with "Loop! Loop! My Darling!" everywhere. There's one other guy in the show, right? Is Donald Sutherland busy? LOL

• 2 years later...

Since there are so many threads that ultimately drift into a discussion on Valerie Harper, I thought I'd retrofit this into an all-purpose Valerie Harper Appreciation Thread, so groovy tidbits don't get lost in random threads and the thread on her cancer isn't bumped, creating unnecessary alarm. Anyway...

Val is set for an appearance in Florida near the end of next month:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Valerie-Harper-to-Keynote-Extraordinary-Healer-Award-Ceremony-Honoring-Oncoloy-Nurses-20150330#

• Like 1

Since there are so many threads that ultimately drift into a discussion on Valerie Harper, I thought I'd retrofit this into an all-purpose Valerie Harper Appreciation Thread, so groovy tidbits don't get lost in random threads and the thread on her cancer isn't bumped, creating unnecessary alarm. Anyway...

Val is set for an appearance in Florida near the end of next month:

http://www.broadwayworld.com/bwwtv/article/Valerie-Harper-to-Keynote-Extraordinary-Healer-Award-Ceremony-Honoring-Oncoloy-Nurses-20150330#

I'm so glad she beat that dreadful illness and she looks great too.  Good for her that she's working again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...