Did Lucy get a face lift?

C L A U D E

Ok, now SPLAIN to me why she looked horrible on Life with Lucy but looked sensational at the opening of the Bob Hope cultural center which was about the same time. Why she looked incredibly beautiful outside at the Oscars and in another picture looked like her own mother?

It's as simple as lighting and angles of shots. Her face just got older and I'm sure with pulling her face back with that contraption did not help her skin in the long haul. Look at this picture, real hair and no contraption. No way there was any work done. Same face but only with wrinkles and sagging.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4c6OXp5l0Bk/TkZ5vKb0JYI/AAAAAAAAF4g/J0N0iFW0It8/s1600/lucille%2Bball%2Bpics-2.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's as simple as lighting and angles of shots. Her face just got older and I'm sure with pulling her face back with that contraption did not help her skin in the long haul. Look at this picture, real hair and no contraption. No way there was any work done. Same face but only with wrinkles and sagging.

http://1.bp.blogspot...ball+pics-2.jpg

i AGREE - IT'S all smoke and mirrors at the end of the day

The other thing that makes Lucy so different in those photos above is no fake lashes. Amazing how they make the look, and those lashes changed so much over the years. Some years I could get the same look now with a good mascara but I got good lashes to start with.

EXACTLY! That's what changes her LOOK and makes her look older, the only ones i never cared for are the ones that had all these giant clumps all together, like a mini fan with five or so clumps of lashes, i prefer the regular ones that looked real on her.

Thanks for that Lamarr - are you able to now show me how she looked AFTER the operation on her eyes for a comparison because I am still not 100% sure sorry.

Here go the renewed eyes with her NATURAL hair line, with no contraption needed. These are of later years in the 60s -80s. Those lids would have been VERY much lower than this look below-based on the Natural pics above.

renewedeyes.jpg

Its pretty noticeable, with the very full eyes. I LOVE this renewed look, rather than the other look that Garland didn't fix (at least I dont think she did).

She looks beautiful either way, but she sheds DECADES OFF after the work, and it definitely works for her expressive face and makes her eyes youthful rather than that dull look she was developing over time.

The other thing that makes Lucy so different in those photos above is no fake lashes. Amazing how they make the look, and those lashes changed so much over the years. Some years I could get the same look now with a good mascara but I got good lashes to start with.

Nope, she's wearing lashes in the lower picture in the fur. This just goes to show, with or without make up, without the contraption, the eyes were very noticeable. Its very natural, especially seeing that the same thing happened to DeDe

It's official! Lucy had blepharoplasty in the early 1960's!

Thanks for posting LAmarr!

http://en.wikipedia..../Blepharoplasty

Well it just goes to show how serious Lucy took her image and her look. I mean, after years of looking SO YOUTHFUL, light and pretty in I Love Lucy and being KNOWN for being two things: funny and beautiful, I assume she wanted to keep that up. ( Later she'll be known for being funny beautiful and smart) I'm sure she wanted the work done for her self and not just her image- I think Jane Fonda once said she was so against it, and then , after looking in the mirror, she saw how she was not as brave as she thought and as accepting as she thought. . She thought "I can't keep looking at this knowing it can look better.." so hey, maybe Lucy felt the same way  :)

I was watching a few season four episodes and paused it.during the gun moll episode and looked at a few Lucy In London shots and went back and forth between the two. I see the difference. Must of had it during the post season 4 hiatus.

You mean she had the blepharoplasty once Season 4 ended? I thought Lamarr said she had it once Season 1 ended. I'm confused now! LOL!

You mean she had the blepharoplasty once Season 4 ended? I thought Lamarr said she had it once Season 1 ended. I'm confused now! LOL!

No no, I'll take Annaleigh's timing. I wasn't ever sure of the timing. I just noticed it was completely different around when color came in, I havent really looked closely at what time it was, just the time period lol

So, lets go with Annaleighs dates! SO WE SOLVED THE PUZZLE!!!

Its A LOT of things Lucille did that were not even known, let alone recognized by the general public. I think Lucy had her career, and her celebrity, but a lot of things went on in her life that we just don't know about-this was one of them I guess, and there are many more other things lol theres a lot to know about the lady!:) thats all it is

Its A LOT of things Lucille did that were not even known, let alone recognized by the general public. I think Lucy had her career, and her celebrity, but a lot of things went on in her life that we just don't know about-this was one of them I guess, and there are many more other things lol theres a lot to know about the lady! :) thats all it is

We've just got to get our hands on that mysterious folder she would have given Dick Cavett and others on what subjects could NOT be discussed, would solve a lot of mysteries i guess.

We've just got to get our hands on that mysterious folder she would have given Dick Cavett and others on what subjects could NOT be discussed, would solve a lot of mysteries i guess.

I ALWAYS think of that package. It made A LOT of sense for a lot of things.

Archived