Sign in to follow this  
Neil

Happy Birthday, Carole Cook!

Neil    1,255

yes, today is the birthday of that bigamist Thelma Green, Mrs. Valence, Cynthia Duncan, Betty Jo Hansen, Effie Higgins, Sheila Kasten, Lillian Ryander, and of course, the one and only...................MA PARKER! (I'm sure I'm leaving someone out.....and I HOPE someone will correct me.)

Some fans of Carole's have set up a facebook page....why don't we all sign it? (or whatever you do with a facebook page)

HarryCarter    937

Happy birthday to one of the funniest people in show business! Today is also the 50th anniversary of Carole appearing in a Lucy episode. "Lucy and Viv are Volunteer Firemen" aired 50 years ago today.

Neil    1,255

Happy birthday to one of the funniest people in show business! Today is also the 50th anniversary of Carole appearing in a Lucy episode. "Lucy and Viv are Volunteer Firemen" aired 50 years ago today.

Was that Carole's FIRST Lucy Show episode??

Brock    3,253

Happy Birthday, Carole!

One of my favourite lines of Carole from film is in Summer Lovers with Darryl Hannah and Peter Gallagher where she's walking through a field of ancient ruins: "Aren't they EVER going to finish Greece?! <_< "

JoeySoCal    988

Happy Birthday, Carole!

One of my favourite lines of Carole from film is in Summer Lovers with Darryl Hannah and Peter Gallagher where she's walking through a field of ancient ruins: "Aren't they EVER going to finish Greece?! <_< "

SHE was in THAT??! Wow!

C L A U D E    2,006

Thank GOD! Hearing her describe perky boobies is one (comedic) thing, seeing hers would simply be traumatic!! :lucyhorror:

She availed herself of the services of Richard (hamster up my butt) Gere, the Gigolo in American Gigolo, how'd you feel about THAT?

JoeySoCal    988

She availed herself of the services of Richard (hamster up my butt) Gere, the Gigolo in American Gigolo, how'd you feel about THAT?

Can you blame her?? :lucyhaha:

C L A U D E    2,006

Can you blame her?? :lucyhaha:

No, i guess you're right, he IS after all, the NEW Cary Grant, ageing so well and so distinguished and still bonkable.

sharon    20

My favorite Carole movie is Palm Springs Weekend. She plays the owner of a hotel that houses teenagers (Troy Donahue, Connie Stevens, Jerry Van Dyke) during Spring Break. Her character is a single mother and kind of hot-to-trot.

C L A U D E    2,006

My favorite Carole movie is Palm Springs Weekend. She plays the owner of a hotel that houses teenagers (Troy Donahue, Connie Stevens, Jerry Van Dyke) during Spring Break. Her character is a single mother and kind of hot-to-trot.

Yeah, i think hot to trot was HER invention. LOL! I keep seeing that movie on the schedule, now i'll have to check it out, thanks.

JoeySoCal    988

No, i guess you're right, he IS after all, the NEW Cary Grant, ageing so well and so distinguished and still bonkable.

True but I was referring to how "bonkable" (!) he looked in Gigolo -- I mean, OMG he was at his youngest, hottest most scrumptious, dontcha think?? SLURP!

C L A U D E    2,006

True but I was referring to how "bonkable" (!) he looked in Gigolo -- I mean, OMG he was at his youngest, hottest most scrumptious, dontcha think?? SLURP!

Absolutely, took me years to get sick of that movie, he was perfection.

C L A U D E    2,006

Then there was Breathless...... sigh. :wub:

Yeah, i'm sure we were both BREATHLESS while watching him in that one. But he's so sexy he doesn't even have to show the whole enchilada, i was looking in my Gere wing of DVDs and can't find it, i wanted to know if you'd seen him in this movie where he's in an Italian family, has a kid brother, abusive father and so on, can't think of the title.

JoeySoCal    988

Yeah, i'm sure we were both BREATHLESS while watching him in that one. But he's so sexy he doesn't even have to show the whole enchilada,(1) i was looking in my Gere wing of DVDs and can't find it, i wanted to know if you'd seen him in this movie where he's in an Italian family, has a kid brother, abusive father and so on, can't think of the title.(2)

(1) But you DO! ;) (2) Nope, can't say that it rings a bell -- unless that's the plotline of Days of Heaven? Hmmm....

C L A U D E    2,006

(1) But you DO! ;) (2) Nope, can't say that it rings a bell -- unless that's the plotline of Days of Heaven? Hmmm....

No, Days of Heaven was a masterpiece, long and dull but great story and beautifully shot, and Gere was terrific in it. As he usually is.

C L A U D E    2,006

Ok, back to Carole, for corn sakes, dun`t let her see today`s banner honoring Desi Arnaz jr and his mom, actually playing with him, it will shatter all of Carole`s illusions, LOL! I know i had said i was no longer going to bring that up, but you just trust it in my face and i just about lost it, LOL! Awww right, i lost it a long time ago, i know!