Sign in to follow this  
Neil

Happy Birthday, Carole Cook!

While channel flipping last night, I ran across Carole on an episode of "Knight Rider."  She had a starring role as some kind of legislator whose life is at risk for trying to derail some bad laws from being enacted.  Carole was the best part of this silly show.  Her funniest line was "Devon is more of an old grandma than me."  

• Like 1

Saw this over on the Carole FB group.

This is a bit short notice, but Carole will be performing in the 25th annual Help is on the Way event this Sunday at the Herbst Theater in San Francisco benefiting the Richmond/Ermet Aid Foundation. She will be receiving their lifetime achievement award. If you're in the area, be sure to get your tickets!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

Saw this over on the Carole FB group.

This is a bit short notice, but Carole will be performing in the 25th annual Help is on the Way event this Sunday at the Herbst Theater in San Francisco benefiting the Richmond/Ermet Aid Foundation. She will be receiving their lifetime achievement award. If you're in the area, be sure to get your tickets!

I hope someone can get footage of this!!

A little clipping from April 1960 in MIKE CONNOLLY's column:

Patio vignette: Comedienne Carol Channing with comedienne Carole Cook. Lucille Ball's protegee (Miss Channing was MINE, a long time ago I was one of her umpteen “discovers” when she first starred in a Hollywood little-theater revue called "Lend an Ear"). 

The Goldwyn Theatre was packed last night when TCM paid tribute to Robert Osborne by hosting a 35mm screening of his favorite movie Dodsworth. In attendance, and later up on stage to reminisce, were such luminaries as our own Carole, Diane Baker, Robert Wagner, Eva Marie Saint, and Dame (or is it “Mame”) Angela Lansbury. I really hope that there’s a recording of this in some form.

1 hour ago, Freddie2 said:

The Goldwyn Theatre was packed last night when TCM paid tribute to Robert Osborne by hosting a 35mm screening of his favorite movie Dodsworth. In attendance, and later up on stage to reminisce, were such luminaries as our own Carole, Diane Baker, Robert Wagner, Eva Marie Saint, and Dame (or is it “Mame”) Angela Lansbury. I really hope that there’s a recording of this in some form.

Greg in Hollywood had some photos on his Instagram and a lovely one of Carole and Tom.