Lucie at Marvin Hamlish Palm Springs tribute

Neil

I went to this. There were four singers in the show and Lucie was billed as "special guest" and did not join the others in group numbers. She talked about Marvin and how nice and cooperative he was with her in the rehearsal process and then sang two songs from "They're Playing.." As always, she looked great. One thing she did inherit from her mother was that Goldwyn Girl posture and that poised "take stage" walk.

This was done at Palm springs' McCullum Theater. This is where all the old money-ed Palm Springs people go for events. I have never been in a room with this many old people who have had cosmetic facial work, women and men. Many of them were border-line grotesque, something they obviously don't see when they look in the mirror to apply their make up----with a paint brush and a Spackle knife it looks like. Eavesdropped on post-show conversations about Lucie.

I went to this. There were four singers in the show and Lucie was billed as "special guest" and did not join the others in group numbers. She talked about Marvin and how nice and cooperative he was with her in the rehearsal process and then sang two songs from "They're Playing.." As always, she looked great. One thing she did inherit from her mother was that Goldwyn Girl posture and that poised "take stage" walk.

This was done at Palm springs' McCullum Theater. This is where all the old money-ed Palm Springs people go for events. I have never been in a room with this many old people who have had cosmetic facial work, women and men. Many of them were border-line grotesque, something they obviously don't see when they look in the mirror to apply their make up----with a paint brush and a Spackle knife it looks like. Eavesdropped on post-show conversations about Lucie.

What are you doing fella, have you become her stalker lately?

...and you stopped there?? ;)

Glad you got to go, Neil! (Barely Manenough wasn't in attendance by any chance, was he?? :D)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived