Valentine's Day 2013 at the Lucy-Desi Centre

Brock

• 2 weeks later...

The Lucy-Desi Centre is holding a special Valentine's Day event on (wait for it) February 14:

elac5w.jpg

TICKETS CAN BE PURCHASED HERE:

https://www.ticketfl...vent-jamestown/

(Note: If you're planning on going and thinking about ordering the "Italian Style Veggie Lasagna", please reconsider. For the LOVE OF GOD (!) reconsider!)

Wow, nice to see them do something right once in a while. If ever there was one holiday that is always associted with Lucy and I Love Lucy it is definitely Valentine's Day.

The THREE MC CULLOUGHs (Shrewsbury, PA) and I will be attending the Valentine's Event next week; I'll let you know about the lasagna; and how things are 'shaking' at the Center these days. Haven't been near the place in a couple of years.

Say hello to them for me! It always amazes me how often they are able to get up to Jamestown! (Where is Shrewsbury? SHould that be "OVER to Jamestown?" LOL)

Say hello to them for me! It always amazes me how often they are able to get up to Jamestown! (Where is Shrewsbury? SHould that be "OVER to Jamestown?" LOL)

Yes, Brock - OVER; from southeastern PA, to southwestern NY...

Since I'm 'closely watching' the weather forecast for the next several days for them; it's about a 6.5 hour drive (without stops, and according to Gregg, they usually make about 3 stops, always 2); so, 7 hours for them to get here, I'm guessing close to 400 miles; and thanks, Luvsbway, for telling me exactly where Shrewsbury is (close to Maryland border); they've never said it that way; just deep southern PA.

If it's gonna be 'bad', I won't have them start out; imagine they will travel on Friday, after Mr. & Mrs. get off work. They are avid Lucille Ball fans; so, this is their vacation spot about 4 times a year. I met them while volunteering at the Center (5 years, some of it, full-time, since I was retired); they are GREAT folks.

The picture of me on this Lounge was taken with Gregg (he chopped it for me, as I had no current photos to share for the Lounge I.D.) two years ago at the Center's Valentine Day Event. I believe it's at least the 4th Event this year. The Center is good at throwing parties.

The Lucy-Desi Centre is holding a special Valentine's Day event on (wait for it) February 14:

elac5w.jpg

(Note: If you're planning on going and thinking about ordering the "Italian Style Veggie Lasagna", please reconsider. For the LOVE OF GOD (!) reconsider!)

You would tell me that now, wouldn't you? Now that I ordered that. <_<

Wow, nice to see them do something right once in a while. If ever there was one holiday that is always associted with Lucy and I Love Lucy it is definitely Valentine's Day.

elac5w.jpg

P.S. Not to get technical, but the event's on February 16 even though it's a Valentine's Day event. I guess they're doing it on a weekend purposely?

P.S. Not to get technical, but the event's on February 16 even though it's a Valentine's Day event. I guess they're doing it on a weekend purposely?

Just to cover the NEGATIVE comment, I'll be seeing the three of you next weekend; and looking forward to it.

Good or bad food, it's LUCYTOWN, and Center we support.

Usually, people celebrate a Holiday a bit before, not A F T E R !

I was always told it's bad luck to celebrate something BEFORE an event - always better to celebrate after.

You think before, I think after. You think spring, I think autumn. Do I see a pattern forming here? :lucyhaha:

I was always told it's bad luck to celebrate something BEFORE an event - always better to celebrate after.

You think before, I think after. You think spring, I think autumn. Do I see a pattern forming here? :lucyhaha:

Never heard that, then again, i suppose you're one of those people who still has Christmas lights on?

I never heard either way, but (not to sound self-centered) but I'm glad they're having it next weekend as I wouldn't have been able to attend if it were this weekend.

I heard from the Center that as of today the event's sold out. :)

I never heard either way, but (not to sound self-centered) but I'm glad they're having it next weekend as I wouldn't have been able to attend if it were this weekend.

I heard from the Center that as of today the event's sold out. :)

How many people does it take to sell out something in Jamestown, twelve or twenty people?

Aww, where's your festive spirit? LOL Years ago, my next door neighbours were Jewish and they jazzed things up by throwing a blue bulb into their porch light. That was a nice gesture. haha

LOL! I did actually have a Christmas dinner this year :-) But no, no lights or trees.

Should we get to the event - the weather and all being a major consideration - since I don't drive at all when there is bad weather; not afraid of my own driving skills; but, those idiots driving the speed limit or above, in same, is enough to scare anyone away; I'll report back about the Event this weekend; something I am really looking forward to; not to leave out the part of seeing old friends again.

Archived