Favorite Lucy apartment/house

1. I vote for the Connecticut house. It's beautiful, has a bit of history, and is next door to Tallulah Bankhead. What more could a person want? LOL

2. The Carter House. Despite the kitchen colours, it has great windows.

3. The Beverly Palms Suite

4. Apartment 3B/D

5. The Glen Hall Apartments

6. The Carmichael-Bagley Residence. This would have been higher in the list, but it has bothered me for almost 13 years that after Lucy and Viv redecorated they inexplicably forgot to re-paint the patch of wall above the living room closet door.

7. Apartment 4A. The windowless living room (and we're not counting the one on the fourth wall) makes it so claustrophobic. The Benson's window made a world of difference.

Pardon my ignorance but what is the "Glen Hall apartments" ??

6. The Carmichael-Bagley Residence. This would have been higher in the list, but it has bothered me for almost 13 years that after Lucy and Viv redecorated they inexplicably forgot to re-paint the patch of wall above the living room closet door.

That above the closet patch has bugged me since the DVD's came out. I kept trying to figure out if it was a weird shadow or if it really was missed paint.

That changed when she became Lucy Carter and we got to see her bedroom which in one episode was shared with Mary Jane.

We also saw Lucy Carter's bedroom in the first season, in the one where Craig gets his license. He comes in and wakes her up. Of course the set was different than in the Mary Jane episode.

That above the closet patch has bugged me since the DVD's came out. I kept trying to figure out if it was a weird shadow or if it really was missed paint.

That's bugged me for years, too! How could a set full of people so concerned about attention to detail not notice??!! And it certainly couldn't have been left that way on purpose? Sadly one of those questions we'll never get answered!

The Glen Hall Apartments was Lucy's apartment house, conveniently located at 780 N. Gower Street, Hollywood CA (google it!). (Hint: if she still "resided" there today, she'd run into the gang from Glee and Oprah's favorite bald-headed Texan shrink! ;)) :D

Fun topic!

I vote for the CT house. So spacious after the city apartment! Loved the layout, the large windows & fireplace, the outdoor spaces, & as Luvsbway said, the two couches back to back. I so wish they had filmed several more seasons of the show there!

For nostalgia's sake I'll always be fond of the second NY apartment because of all the good memories that were made there. Third would be the Hollywood suite.

The Bay window in the country house and that bench in front of it, just love that.

1. I vote for the Connecticut house. It's beautiful, has a bit of history, and is next door to Tallulah Bankhead. What more could a person want? LOL

2. The Carter House. Despite the kitchen colours, it has great windows.

3. The Beverly Palms Suite

4. Apartment 3B/D

5. The Glen Hall Apartments

7. Apartment 4A. The windowless living room (and we're not counting the one on the fourth wall) makes it so claustrophobic. The Benson's window made a world of difference.

Wonder where that Glen Hall name came from, we had a great hockey player by that name at one time, in the league i mean.

Lucy Carmichael's apartment in Los Angeles:

The patio: Where other tenants can crawl through to visit you even if they weren't invited. If you need a horse stable in Los Angeles, Lucy is willing to accommodate especially if they are 'pecting.

Don't forget the windows where a kid can just fall outside while he's singing Christmas Carols.

Claude, that was in the Danfield house.

Did Lucy Carmichael have a car in Los Angeles? Mary Jane and Lucy after shopping were sitting at a bus stop. I assumed they were taking the RTD( Southern California Rapid Transit District) which was the bus service in Los Angeles at that time. Oh Oh Oh!!! I remember that Lucy and Viv were having car trouble in the episode with Joan Crawford. Was there any other time that Lucy was seen with a car in Los Angeles other than this episode?

Did Lucy Carmichael have a car in Los Angeles? Mary Jane and Lucy after shopping were sitting at a bus stop. I assumed they were taking the RTD( Southern California Rapid Transit District) which was the bus service in Los Angeles at that time. Oh Oh Oh!!! I remember that Lucy and Viv were having car trouble in the episode with Joan Crawford. Was there any other time that Lucy was seen with a car in Los Angeles other than this episode?

What about when Harry drove her home and she had his ring on her finger, was that HIS car or HERS?

What about when Harry drove her home and she had his ring on her finger, was that HIS car or HERS?

Most likely it was Mooney's since he could buy that expensive ring for Irma. Lucy Carmichael kept complaining how poor her salary was so I am guessing she took the bus. Maybe that was the reason she was always late for work. In a couple of episodes she couldn't even afford to eat lunch out. A bowl of hot water with ketchup, salt, pepper and a lemon isn't much of a lunch. Going to fashion shows with free finger sandwiches is a bit desperate. She lacked nothing in wardrobe!!!

Lucy Carmichael never had a car in LA. She never really had a car in Danfield either. The car she used was actually owned by Vivian. The only time we see Lucy with a car in California was in "Lucy and the Lost Star " and she says that was a rental.

In the first season Here's Lucy episode "Lucy and the Ex-Con" Lucy Carter says she doesn't own a car. This is the only time she says that. She has a car before and after that.

Lucy Carmichael never had a car in LA. She never really had a car in Danfield either. The car she used was actually owned by Vivian. The only time we see Lucy with a car in California was in "Lucy and the Lost Star " and she says that was a rental.

In the first season Here's Lucy episode "Lucy and the Ex-Con" Lucy Carter says she doesn't own a car. This is the only time she says that. She has a car before and after that.

That's what i like, good CONSISTENT writing.

• 9 months later...

Archived