Lucy A - Z -- R! (& Q)

Brock

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Stanley Roberts, Producer, Writer, 57 titles; writer, William Frawley (Lucy’s Fred Mertz) film, Whistling in Brooklyn, contributor to treatment and screenplay construction - uncredited, 1943; as well as writer, Desilu Studios'-filmed, The Betty Hutton Show, 6 episodes, 1959-60; is born this date in 1916.

b. 6/28/02 d. 12/30/79

Richard Rodgers, Academy Award-winning lyricist, 556 titles; wrote over 1,500 songs, friend of the Arnazes; in partnership with George Abbott and Larry Hart, wrote music for Too Many Girls, 1940; Lucille film, Meet the People, music credits, 1944; after partner, Hart, passed away, became lyricist-partners with Oscar Hammerstein II; Desilu Studios'-filmed, Shower of Stars “Ethel Merman's Show Stoppers”, I Could Write a Book, music credits, 1955; The Greatest Show on Earth, composer title music, 30 episodes, 1963-64; The Dick Van Dyke Show, 3 episodes, 1962; appears with Lucille and Desi, Toast of the Town, 1956, 1958; appears with Desi, The 26th Annual Tony Awards, winner, Special Award, 1972; with Lucille, archivally, That's Dancing! music, 2 songs, 1985; as well as with Lucille, archivally, That's Entertainment! III, a documentary which, among other things, acknowledged extraordinary composers and lyricists, 1994; is born this date in 1902.

b. 11/16/20 d. 12/13/99

Milton 'Mickey' Rudin, actor, 1 film; many-year lawyer to the stars and Lucille Ball; as well as Desilu Productions'/Studios; appears with the Arnazes, archivally, as himself, Off the Menu: The Last Days of Chasen's, 1997, is born this date in 1920.

b. 5/26/10 d, 10/27/00

Larry Rhine, writer, 36 titles; writer, The Bob Hope Show, 1952; story editor, All in the Family fame, 95 episodes, 1975-79; writes screenplay/story, Six Lessons From Madame LaZonga, a William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) film, 1941; writer, (“Here's Lucy”) “Lucy and Carol Burnett, Part 2, “Lucy, the Skydiver”, “Lucy, the American Mother”, 1970, and “Lucy in the Jungle”, 1971; is born this date in 1910.

If I recall, there should only be one post per day for this thread; seems like THAT issue came up early on. Brock?

Isabel Scott Rorick, author, (1900-1967), writes novels, Mr. and Mrs. Cugat, the Record of a Happy Marriage, 1940, and Outside Eden, 1945, on the Bestselling List of novels in the United States in the 1940s, as determined by Publishers' Weekly, previously adapted into Paramount Pictures', Are Husbands Necessary, “Mr. and Mrs. Cugat”, 1942; upon which novel Lucille Ball-Richard Denning CBS' Radio Program, My Favorite Husband, is based, and the initial basis for what evolved into the ground-breaking television sitcom, (“I Love Lucy”), radio program, premiering on this date in 1948.

If I recall, there should only be one post per day for this thread; seems like THAT issue came up early on. Brock?

No, that would make for a very short thread.

The issue was that people should take turns in waiting for someone else to post an entry before they post another.

Hubbell Robinson, 10/16/05-9/4/04, actor, 1 film; producer, 10 titles; early-career head of radio department with Young and Rubicam, (General Foods Ad Agency); as well as CBS' Vice President of Programming; instrumental in developing Mr. and Mrs. Cugat, as a radio series, (ultimately re-named My Favorite Husband); then, bringing it to Lucille Ball.

Archived