Valley of the Sun Color Footage!

20/20's Oscar special that aired on Wednesday featured a tour of the Motion Picture Academy's vault and highlights of some of the rare footage found in it. Included is color home movie footage of Lucy in Valley of the Sun! This is a rare look at a pre-redhead Lucy in color. I think we may have seen bits of this footage before. Can anyone remember where? I don't think it's in Lucy & Desi: A Home Movie.

http://abc.go.com/watch/2020/SH559026/VD55276735/2020-220-mad-about-oscar-with-katie-couric

Lucy starts around 35:24. I hope our non-US residents can view this as well.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20/20's Oscar special that aired on Wednesday featured a tour of the Motion Picture Academy's vault and highlights of some of the rare footage found in it. Included is color home movie footage of Lucy in Valley of the Sun! This is a rare look at a pre-redhead Lucy in color. I think we may have seen bits of this footage before. Can anyone remember where? I don't think it's in Lucy & Desi: A Home Movie.

http://abc.go.com/wa...th-katie-couric

Lucy starts around 35:24. I hope our non-US residents can view this as well.

Thanks for sharing, Harry; could not find the 'film advance' bar; but, I especially enjoyed the Viagara commercial which I viewed twice, trying to do so!!!! then, there was this Banking 'canned speech' commercial, after which I gave up; the intro had a 'quick' Lucy viewing, however! I DID catch that....

I had no luck watching this on my phone, I'll watch it when I get home from my vacation. Wow on the blonde hair, there is no strawberry in that, but hell she looks fabulous and so naturally pretty. Makes you wonder what she looked like in all those B&W's over the years if she looked this great in color.

I had no luck watching this on my phone, I'll watch it when I get home from my vacation. Wow on the blonde hair, there is no strawberry in that, but hell she looks fabulous and so naturally pretty. Makes you wonder what she looked like in all those B&W's over the years if she looked this great in color.

Yeah, strawberry blonde my ass, this is B L O N D E period!

Yeah, strawberry blonde my ass, this is B L O N D E period!

I completely disagree sorry - the first thing I saw was strawberry blonde when I saw her hair - it's definitely not blonde - there is lots of red in there!

Archived