Valley of the Sun Color Footage!

Well Lucy wowed us again! Well I guess she cannot remember all of the hair colors she had, even in her autobiography! I guess we should have listened to Desi's word. He said she was blonde AND she is blonde! Haha! Maybe she did have a strawberry blonde right before she went into MGM. She looks great as a blonde!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well Lucy wowed us again! Well I guess she cannot remember all of the hair colors she had, even in her autobiography! I guess we should have listened to Desi's word. He said she was blonde AND she is blonde! Haha! Maybe she did have a strawberry blonde right before she went into MGM. She looks great as a blonde!

Hell she was always gorgeous! "Valley" was around '42 so she would have been about 30, 31, correct? I think this period (early to mid-30's) is when she wore the most flattering hairstyles (blonde or redhead) and was certainly at her most stunning. Gorjamus! :lucycoy:

Honestly, it looks strawberry blonde - not sure why people are calling it full on blonde - there is a very strong orange tinge to it

Maybe you eat too many oranges so it's coloring your eyes? Love your latest avatar but i wish she had never worn those flowery hats, they are so 50's ugly. Like she just came back from a Minnie Pearl convention.

Would you prefer a turban?

Yes, turbans were ok on her at that time, twenty years later though they made her look like a female impersonator, the critics were right about that. Remember when she wore one in a musical number on the show, she looked fine, and the number coming down the stairs with the headress which looked like a turban was ok also, she was still youngish then.

Maybe you eat too many oranges so it's coloring your eyes? Love your latest avatar but i wish she had never worn those flowery hats, they are so 50's ugly. Like she just came back from a Minnie Pearl convention.

LOL! - I agree - the hat looks paper thin!

Perhaps her computer monitor just needs adjustin'.... ! I don't see the strawberry either but a very beautiful, stunning blonde! ;)

Hey, it's an ugly hat, this one i will fight, LOL! Same as Betty White in a flowered dress pattern on Golden Girls, makes them look bad. Lucy here looks like she's about to audition for Eliza Dolittle.

Sure she'd get the part, too! ;) I know he is but 1) I meant no insult and 2) isn't he the drag queen anyways?? Just sayin'... if it walks like a duck..... etc. etc. :lucyhaha:

lol aaaawwww Brock, I just love u.

I LOVE THE CLIPS!! and of course, she is checking the mirror and checking her hair lol I see she constantly paid attention

to her hair and make up, not only in her later years, but all through her career.

It kind of makes my ideas of Lucy a bit transcendent because all of these years, I've seen her kind of divided her into personas, ( 30s Lucy 50s Lucy, 80s Lucy etc.)

but here in this clip, I see that this girl, youthful, beautiful, and radiant, is the same woman we see powdering her face or playing with her wig or wiping the sides of her mouth to prevent clown mouth lol All in all, its still the same person in essence.

Harry, what a treat to see these clips! Thanks so much for posting it.

Miki, I initially saw just blonde but you were so insistent I took another look and I DO see an orange-y tint, too. She is still blond, but the color is not bleach blond yellow. It is hard to miss because the clips of her are so short.

And no, I haven't been eating too many oranges, Claude! :P

lol aaaawwww Brock, I just love u.

I LOVE THE CLIPS!! and of course, she is checking the mirror and checking her hair lol I see she constantly paid attention

to her hair and make up, not only in her later years, but all through her career.

It kind of makes my ideas of Lucy a bit transcendent because all of these years, I've seen her kind of divided her into personas, ( 30s Lucy 50s Lucy, 80s Lucy etc.)

but here in this clip, I see that this girl, youthful, beautiful, and radiant, is the same woman we see powdering her face or playing with her wig or wiping the sides of her mouth to prevent clown mouth lol All in all, its still the same person in essence.

Dontcha mean COTTON mouth? Maybe you heard that the way you heard the line about 6 Oscars or twelve, LOL!

Miki, I initially saw just blonde but you were so insistent I took another look and I DO see an orange-y tint, too. She is still blond, but the color is not bleach blond yellow. It is hard to miss because the clips of her are so short.

You two are nuts, blonde is blonde, LOL!

You two are nuts, blonde is blonde, LOL!

:D Hallelujah!!!! :lucyhaha:

Archived