The lovely Valerie Harper

rickee

WOW! What courage; to let us in on her family crisis! Let's hope for the best; in the meantime, let's pray that 'others' in similar situations are given some hope and some peace for her unselfish act in doing this storytelling episode which may ultimately end her life on earth. I salute her for doing so; and, I pray for a miracle for her....

Well said, Joyce! I should try and think of it that way, difficult though....I still can't quite believe this is happening to such a wundaful person.. Sad. :lucyblah:
  • Like 1

Yes and that one was terrific. Sad, moving and quite great.

I adored Farrah, loved her from the first episodes of Charlie's Angels, one of my top 3 or 5 favorite tv stars ever, wrote her I think three times and will always cherish the signed 8x10s, have a scrapbook on her, quite a number of photographs, misc. memorabilia but I could not bring myself to watching that show. I can understand how this show and Valerie's might be considered inspiring and moving but it's too devastating for me, a major fan (and a major wuss) to watch this type of programming. Maybe someday I'll toughen up and view them but I wouldn't bet on it.
  • Like 1

Well said, Joyce! I should try and think of it that way, difficult though....I still can't quite believe this is happening to such a wundaful person.. Sad. :lucyblah:

thanks, Joey; only ONE thing gonna irritate the poop out of me: IF I GET OVER 'THERE' ......AND.....IT'S BETTER - :D

• 2 months later...

According to Valerie's doctor, Valerie's cancer is close to remission! I'm so happy for her.

http://m.today.com/e...sion-8C11030882

The NBC documentary on Valerie's battle is scheduled for November 19.

:HALKING: ! Great news. Thrilled she's hopefully going to still be with us for a while yet. I just hope she doesn't overdo anything on DWTS.

• Like 1

:HALKING: ! Great news. Thrilled she's hopefully going to still be with us for a while yet. I just hope she doesn't overdo anything on DWTS.

Exactly! But surely her doctors, husband & daughter wouldn't allow it if it were that bad an idea!

I have to admit I nearly broke down in tears reading this! She is such a lovely person that this good news -- although with the expected caveats -- is beyond welcome! I hope she rocks DWTS and will certainly be the uppermost reason I'll continue to tune in! :lucyhehe:

Exactly! But surely her doctors, husband & daughter wouldn't allow it if it were that bad an idea!

I have to admit I nearly broke down in tears reading this! She is such a lovely person that this good news -- although with the expected caveats -- is beyond welcome! I hope she rocks DWTS and will certainly be the uppermost reason I'll continue to tune in! :lucyhehe:

I would think all that healthy dancing and exercising would be good for her to put this damned scourge behind her once and for all.

• 3 weeks later...