The lovely Valerie Harper

rickee

Great news, great story, and great cover.

I'm curious about this magazine. Looking at their website, their top four stories are about Julie Andrews, Bob Barker, Suzanne Somers, and Valerie Harper -- a classier sister publication to The Globe? lol

It's a brand new magazine with great glossy color photos and appears to be like OK or US magazine but with older stars (REAL stars I might add).  Best  of all this introductory issue (at least in my area) is only 25 cents apparently to introduce itself to readers.  I glanced at it the other day at WM, and put it back since I had just entered the store and planned to get it when I checked out, and then totally forgot about it, hopefully they still have it when I go back today.  I haven't bought a tabloid or People, Us, etc. in years - I could care less about all these obnoxious reality stars and their love lives.  Speaking of love lives though couldn't believe all the "$$$$ Million Divorces" on all the tabs this week - Streisand & Brolin, Travolta and Kelly, LeeAnn and Eddie, even Ellen and Portia on one of them!! We'll have to see if any of these actually come to divorces, they'v'e been saying that about John Boy for years (along with other things  :lucyhmm: ) but has never happened. 

It's a brand new magazine with great glossy color photos and appears to be like OK or US magazine but with older stars (REAL stars I might add).  Best  of all this introductory issue (at least in my area) is only 25 cents apparently to introduce itself to readers.  I glanced at it the other day at WM, and put it back since I had just entered the store and planned to get it when I checked out, and then totally forgot about it, hopefully they still have it when I go back today.  I haven't bought a tabloid or People, Us, etc. in years - I could care less about all these obnoxious reality stars and their love lives.  Speaking of love lives though couldn't believe all the "$$$$ Million Divorces" on all the tabs this week - Streisand & Brolin, Travolta and Kelly, LeeAnn and Eddie, even Ellen and Portia on one of them!! We'll have to see if any of these actually come to divorces, they'v'e been saying that about John Boy for years (along with other things  :lucyhmm: ) but has never happened. 

Re:  The Travoltas.  She's there to be his beard and the money keeps coming in and she's not acting much of anything so the marriage endures.  I stopped buying People, US and the others for the same reason.  Loved your remark about REAL stars, so true. 

• 1 month later...

Murr, Rhoda and Lou hit Hollywood yesterday:

2hwmxqu.jpg

30cc380.jpg

Yep, Valerie was at a Hollywood Collectors' show Saturday and Sunday and was a total delight. Supporting her was her husband Tony and daughter, Cristina. Lovely folks all three. Caught up with her during the autograph session and despite her illness (HOPEFULLY IN FULL REMISSION!) she has an amazing total recall of everything! We chatted about some artwork I had given her ages ago and she remembered everything with such detail, it nearly blew me away. She talked about meeting again at the 2011 Lucy Exhibit in Hollywood and again at the taping of the Hot In Cleveland MTM reunion. Made sure the afternoon was complete and took the opportunity to have a professional photo taken together. The woman is simply lovely and looks it!

• 1 month later...

Progress report on Val, she's NOT dead, a year or so after they told her she would be, she's on a treatment that she is very responsive to and she has two more roles under her belt since getting that horrible diagnosis.  So, she's working again, looks terrific and is going on strong!!!!!

Stupid doctors. She'll probably outlive them all!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Thank God! Thank God- this is so hopeful and beautiful.  Im so grateful that we are at a time of awareness, that we can go a bit further into self healing and doing our part with medicine, to heal ourselves to live a better life all around.  

Im also looking forward to the show !! she looks great in it. She still shines on screen!

• 4 months later...
  • 11 months later...