"Lucy" character in other shows

So let’s take the Lucy character and insert her into other non-comedy shows of the 50s/60s/70s. What kind of havoc can she get into in other genres of shows?

Now sure how many of you are familiar with the show The Prisoner. Here’s a synopsis

The series follows a British former secret agent who is held prisoner in a mysterious coastal village resort where his captors try to find out why he abruptly resigned from his job. Although sold as a thriller in the mould of the previous series starring McGoohan, Danger Man (1960–68), the show's combination of 1960s countercultural themes and surreal setting had a far-reaching effect on science fiction/fantasy programming, and on popular culture in general.

There is a Simpsons episode where they parody this show.

Lucy could be a guest #2. #2 was the one who every episode would try to break #6

They would have schemes, often elaborate, to try and trick him into revealing something. Like making him think he escaped in a box and he was back in his London office but he heard Big Ben bong for the wrong time. #2 is always working for an unseen #1.

I think of it as sort of a cross between some of the spy plots on LS/HL and a more trippy version of Lucy in London.

What an intriguing idea!

I'd have to think it over for non-comedy shows, but I could definitely see her as a Gladys Kravitz type if she ever made her way onto Bewitched.

"Ricky! Ricky! The Stevens' house just vanished!"

And of course by the time Ricky makes it to the window the house has reappeared. Kind of a play on her Lucy Cries Wolf episode, only it'd be that way for each appearance!

Archived