Lucy's Off-Screen Clothes

Luvsbway

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Yes, this shot was taken at the Lucy at 100 in 2011 at the centennial exhibit we worked on, held at the site of the old Max Factor Building now called the Hollywood Museum. LaMarr did a wonderful job of restoring the photo to go along with the exhibt to honor the dress...which is over 60 years old. The mere fact that it still exists is a marvel to the construction and designer (who at the moment I am forgetting). Thanks again, LaMarr.

And just found this at the 1952 Oscars....she's too much!

Was this the dress from the 1952 Oscars?  

dresso.jpeg

Anything for my two legends, you and Lucy!  Well seeing Tom, Lucie, Allan and so many others happy was worth the work too. 

That night was probably the pinnacle of my Lucy moments to date lol EVERYTHING came full circle that night. I met Carole Cook, Lucie Arnaz, Doris Singleton, ugh, the list went on and on!!! It was so fun! 

• 1 month later...

A tribute to my favorite dress of the 80s.  By far this is the best off screen dress she wore since the early 60s.  The high collar makes her look taller.  The black velvet is elegant and a great fabric for an older woman to wear.  The length, again makes her look tall.  My favorite part is the satin bow.  It gave her a waist which a lot of dresses through the 70s and 80s did not. I also love it because it tops off the look, like she is this lovely Christmas package.

790.jpeg

791.JPG

792.JPG

793.jpeg

794.jpg

A tribute to my favorite dress of the 80s.  By far this is the best off screen dress she wore since the early 60s.  The high collar makes her look taller.  The black velvet is elegant and a great fabric for an older woman to wear.  The length, again makes her look tall.  My favorite part is the satin bow.  It gave her a waist which a lot of dresses through the 70s and 80s did not. I also love it because it tops off the look, like she is this lovely Christmas package.

790.jpeg

791.JPG

792.JPG

793.jpeg

794.jpg

I find this whole series of photos incredibly touching. I'm a little surprised how they're affecting me, as I'm very moved by them.  It reminds me I guess what a special, WUNDAFUL talent she was and how lucky we were to have her with us, even at 77 gone too soon.  :lucyblah:

YUP, THAT'S THE ONE!  Lucy wore it to the Variety Clubs gala in her honor and at the opening of the Bob Hope Cultural Center where she hosted.  That pic of her on the couch in the waiting room , well, she looks so wistful.  I love how the dress can look so different in various situations or lighting.  Was the Oscar dress very similar in style and I don't just mean the slit.

Archived