THE '100' CRUISE!

• 1 month later...

Welcome back, Uncle Harry!

I wish more details were available on the program for the cruise. Don't get me wrong, they're great performers (and great people to boot!), but I can't justify spending thousands of dollars for a couple of shows with Suzanne and Adrian.

Thousands?? You got a price quote on this? Wow. No thanks...don't want to be near Haiti. :huh:

Edited to say...I am very disappointed. I would have scrimped and saved and cut out my own dresses and given myself a lovely chrysanthemum permanent to go on a cruise with Lucy friends of TEN PLUS years. Maybe we need to do something on our own???

No thanks...don't want to be near Haiti. :huh:

What if you get a cholera shot?

Anyway, I'm sure it would be cheaper for US-residents, but the cabins go to just over $1,500... plus the cost of the flight to actually get to this ship, incidental money...

I'd wish they'd hurry up and announce the guest speakers:

http://www.ilovelucycruise.com/events.html

Thousands?? You got a price quote on this? Wow. No thanks...don't want to be near Haiti. :huh:

Edited to say...I am very disappointed. I would have scrimped and saved and cut out my own dresses and given myself a lovely chrysanthemum permanent to go on a cruise with Lucy friends of TEN PLUS years. Maybe we need to do something on our own???

Wouldn't THAT be something special? A LUCY LOUNGE mini-cruise; i.e. inexpensive.....we could all finally meet....Regards, JK

• 1 month later...

I understand prices go up at the end of January according to an email I got a couple weeks ago. Brock- you are right it would be great if they could announce some of the entertainment it might then make it worthwhile to commit. From what I understand the Haiti stop is a private section that is owned by the cruise company so is not a visit to the poor parts of the island. Certainly is not the best itinerary I have seen for a cruise but is likely not bad given that Lucy fans will get special entertainment just for those who sign up for the Lucy package. Unlike a normal cruise it appears that many of the events would be "private" and not open to everyone on the boat.

Still thinking about going as I too have issues with getting time off in mid-Oct.

I understand prices go up at the end of January according to an email I got a couple weeks ago. Brock- you are right it would be great if they could announce some of the entertainment it might then make it worthwhile to commit. From what I understand the Haiti stop is a private section that is owned by the cruise company so is not a visit to the poor parts of the island. Certainly is not the best itinerary I have seen for a cruise but is likely not bad given that Lucy fans will get special entertainment just for those who sign up for the Lucy package. Unlike a normal cruise it appears that many of the events would be "private" and not open to everyone on the boat.

Still thinking about going as I too have issues with getting time off in mid-Oct.

I just hope the cholera epidemic hasn't hit the Haitian port of call. I doubt I will be able to go anyway, but the details are still so vague. Have you made a deposit or anything on the trip, Mike? Wondering if they have handed over any additional info to those who have registered.

I'd like to go, but money and time off from work are my issues at this point. I hate to commit that much money and end up not being able to go.

The last I heard was there's aren't too many (aka less than 50), but hopefully that's gone up.MJF

I have had some correspondence today with Kay Statz, Lucille Ball FAN personified, and former Board Member/Center/Museum - with her permission, here's her take on 'events':

"No, I am not going on the cruise - couple of reasons: I have already been to most of the 'ports' and don't care to go back, October is hurricane month there, Barb & my 'gal pals' refuse to step foot on any type of boat; they can not swim; if Lucie, Desi & Diane were going, I would give it more consideration. Here's what I know about the cruise so far: Lucie and Desi will NOT be passangers; Amy & Haley are scheduled to attend as of Christmas time; Dann Cahn will attend; Doris Singelton has been asked; Greg Oppenheimer has been asked; Michael Stern will attend; Tom Watson is "in charge" of all entertainment; but, as a side note, Richard will not step on the ship; so, we shall see how that unfolds; Adrian will be Desi/Ricky; Suzanne will be Lucille (Diane Vincent was NOT invited); Of all the Fans that I have met in Jamestown and correspond with, no one is going as of the Holidays"

Hope this assists those of you who are 'considering' attending.... JK

;

I just hope the cholera epidemic hasn't hit the Haitian port of call. I doubt I will be able to go anyway, but the details are still so vague. Have you made a deposit or anything on the trip, Mike? Wondering if they have handed over any additional info to those who have registered.

Hi Brock

I have not registered or made any deposit. As noted below don't know of any of my friends who have yet decided to go. Still thinking about it....

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Brock

I have not registered or made any deposit. As noted below don't know of any of my friends who have yet decided to go. Still thinking about it....

Mike

So what's the latest and greatest with this cruise? Is it still on? I was thinking about trying to go but then heard that it had been cancelled! Anyone? ;)

So what's the latest and greatest with this cruise? Is it still on? I was thinking about trying to go but then heard that it had been cancelled! Anyone? ;)

Well, the website is down...

If it is cancelled I'm not surprised. I don't see how people could make such a financial commitment for this based with so little detail to go on.

Well said. Had it not had such a "thrown together" feeling, perhaps it would have sold better! Pity.

And there was so much they could have done with it, too. If they were planning on having Doris on the Cruise they should have just SAID SO, or something along the lines that "Doris Singleton has every intention of coming", covering their butts if God Forbid she is unable to go for any reason. The same could have been done with Dann Cahn and anyone else up for the trip. For those who couldn't go, an interesting event could have been a video conference with people like Madelyn, Bill Asher, Bob Schiller and so forth for a Q & A. A Lucy family reunion with Lucie, Larry, Desi, Amy, their kids, Cleo, Zo, and their kids... maybe Viv's surviving brother and sister? A concert with Ricci, Desi, and Billy -- with special guest jammer Keith T.? A writers' symposium with writers of some of the classics like Kathleen Brady as well as some of the new kids on the block like Elisabeth Edwards, Cindy De La Hoz, that crack team of Glaser and Carl, and our own little HC? ( :lucythrill: ) Nick Yapp could come on board so we can educate him? lol

Sure beats a "Decorate Your Cabin Door" contest!

Archived