Lucille's other jewelry

leenorman

One day, they'll probably come out with super duper blue ray extra, imagine how that's gonna be.  You'll not only see the earrings but also who made they were made by engraved on them.  When she comes down in that too tight dress for the country club dance, she's wearing fancy dangling diamond earrings, rather big also.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was watching Ethel's Hometown last night and caught a glimpse of Lucy's earrings. They were a heart with an arrow going through it. They were also on the larger side taking up her whole earlobe. I thought they were rather cute.

With this blue ray player I got I'm noticing a nice upscale in detail of the picture and more brightness. It's making me see these details more.

I love the large earrings she had. I love the ones that go basically half way up the ear, kind of look like rhinestone leaves. Haha. She had wonderful taste, especially in the jewelry arena.

Clip ons, just like Lucy.

I do have my ears pierced. But I love the look of those classic earrings. So I do wear a lot of clip ons! Another guilty pleasure.

It started after my great grandmother passed on. I looked through her earrings and fell in love. Nobody even wanted any of her jewelry, but me. Some of my prized possessions are in that bunch of earrings.

O M G how I wish I had known you back when my mom died, I also was met with nobody wanting her old jewellery, and she never had her ears pierced so it was all clip ons.  The new stuff they all fought over though.  Now I wish I had kept it.  My boyfriend wears the main diamond she had in her wedding ring in his ear, it's like Elton John size. 

Wish I had thought of that, great idea.  I put her main brooch that she wore a lot and her glasses and her pill box in a glass and wood box with her picture that I keep as a tribute.  As I've said before, the only other thing I kept was her timer telling her when to take her pills, every eight hours.  It's battery operated, and rings twice a day and one of those times is the exact time she died, it's been ringing for seven years now and I've never replaced the battery, don't tell me that's not a sign of an afterlife. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I want to confirm this in subsequent episodes but I noticed something in The Fur Coat. It's mentioned that Lucy gave Desi the St. Christopher medal and that it was engraved Darling. When Desi gets up from sneaking around on the floor the medal is on the outside of his shirt you can see the back of it and that something is engraved on it. I'm hoping to get a better look to maybe see if you can make out the word.

• 3 months later...

Found this post today.  

http://blog.jewelrywarehouse.com/2012/07/20/lucy-balls-jewelry/

The first paragraph talks about the brass wedding ring.  It does get wrong the information about the diamond ring and the photo.  She may have had a cushion cut diamond but the ring in the photo is the copy of the aquamarine engagement ring.

Of the three pieces shown in the post I know 2 are from the 60's and onward.  My hunch is the bracelet is too.  The sapphire and diamond ring we talked about over in the ring thread.  

post.JPG

The necklace set I see on ebay from time to time and they want a ridiculous price for it.  Here are some photos of Lucy wearing it.

bg.jpg

carol6.jpg

78454.jpg

9850.jpeg

The bracelet I can't place.  There is a Merv Griffin or Carson Lucy is on where she flashes a diamond bracelet and says that it was an anniversary gift.  You can't see it very well so I can't be sure this is the same piece.

The article also talks about the heart shaped lapel watch pin.  Lucy can be seen wearing this in the photo below and also in the movie A Girl, A Guy and A Gob.  The time works out as this movie started production around Sept of 1940.

heart.JPG

gob.jpg

212.jpeg

I'm talking about the one that was plain round but covered in diamonds.  That black and gold dress looked awful sometimes but looks terrific here, the way Lucy is posing in it and that handbag that matches her gorgeous blue dress, that's like Lucy ahead of her time, she has something as fancy as what the A listers had at this year's Emmys, these perfect purses that match their outfits so well.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived