Lucy Guest Stars

The following quotes are in reference to a man who guested on a Lucy series TWICE; had a TV series of his own.

“I've had direct contact with the old bastard on three separate, one-on-one occasions, and he is -- without a single doubt -- the most obnoxious, disgusting, miserable and hateful SOB I have ever encountered in my 52 years on this Earth. As the flight attendant in tears told me as I opened the door of the aircraft on which he arrived during my O'Hare days: ‘(...quote deleted; will re-insert as a clue if you need it ...).’ And, he was every bit as miserable when I paged a curtain for him backstage in 1992.

friend Lanny sends this:

“It was 1968, I was 13 years old and discovered (Mr. X) sunning himself in front of the famous Royal Hawaiian Hotel. He was reading Variety. I was nervous, shy and had only the best of intentions. I got a pen and paper and said: "Excuse me, Mr. (X), would you PLEASE sign my autograph?"

“‘F*CK OFF!’ was his reply.”

The following quotes are in reference to a man who guested on a Lucy series TWICE; had a TV series of his own.

“I've had direct contact with the old bastard on three separate, one-on-one occasions, and he is -- without a single doubt -- the most obnoxious, disgusting, miserable and hateful SOB I have ever encountered in my 52 years on this Earth. As the flight attendant in tears told me as I opened the door of the aircraft on which he arrived during my O'Hare days: ‘(...quote deleted; will re-insert as a clue if you need it ...).’ And, he was every bit as miserable when I paged a curtain for him backstage in 1992.

friend Lanny sends this:

“It was 1968, I was 13 years old and discovered (Mr. X) sunning himself in front of the famous Royal Hawaiian Hotel. He was reading Variety. I was nervous, shy and had only the best of intentions. I got a pen and paper and said: "Excuse me, Mr. (X), would you PLEASE sign my autograph?"

Old man Vallee? Rudy to his money collectors.

Quote: And, he was every bit as miserable when I paged a curtain for him backstage in 1992.

Mickey was only in one Lucy episode, so he's out. Sounds like him, though!

Sorry, damn speedreading! Chuck Connors? Jack Carter? Jackie Coogan? And if you say SOUNDS LIKE THEM THOUGH i'm gonna give you such a punch you'll talk funnier than you do now . . . LOL!

friend Lanny sends this:

Bob Cummings? Milton Berle? It just cannot be Danny Thomas or Bob Hope. I'll bet my life it can't be the great Jack Benny. Phil Harris?

Art Linkletter says the darnedest things.

Yes, it was Art. I've never heard any negative press about Art. Especially this severe.

But remember, you have to take these comments with a grain of salt because there's probably not a celebrity alive who hasn't made some enemies.

Goes with the territory unfortunately.

Yes, it was Art. I've never heard any negative press about Art. Especially this severe.

But remember, you have to take these comments with a grain of salt because there's probably not a celebrity alive who hasn't made some enemies.

Goes with the territory unfortunately.

Never would have thought of Art being such a dunce with a fan, BUT, i did remember that story in WHERE THE HELL IS DESILU, where the author says Art drove him crazy saying his wallet was stolen on the set and he spent a lot of time asking everybody and looking for it and then when he called the next day, Art said, OH I FOUND IT, NEVER MIND. I guess that s how you live to be in your nineties, by giving ulcers to everybody else while you just wiz along with not a concern in the world.

Neil: Thanks for the 'stuff' about 'nice-guy-Linkletter'; what a shock; always thought of him as squeaky-clean, even from childhood memories; at least he's not 'around' anymore; but, I'll always be thinkin about this if I ever see a re-run of his smiling face and with the kids.

• 5 months later...

Archived