Pics from California

Neil

I can only hope it's ........

FayeStar1_zps1b7a99fe.jpg

...and that they spelled her name right....

FayeStar2_zpsc72fb23d.jpg

I'd wager a lot that I was the only one walking on Hollywood Boulevard familiar with Faye Emerson. I'd bet my entire net worth that I'm the only one who knows who "Smilin' Ed McDonnell" was. There is a Lucy Show connection with the latter. Anyone know?

Well, it's cheaper to have the cheese be a statue than the statue be a cheese....

Statue2__zps0f81bc62.jpg

Do you mean to tell me you and Mrs. Ricardo ate an ENTIRE statue?

Fred: Oh, it's possible. I've seen my wife polish off a.....

Ethel: SHUT UP!

Statue1__zps3a626a24.jpg

This is either a reunion of

A-- the ENTIRE audience for the last episode of "Life with Lucy"

or

B-- all the young hopefuls who auditioned for the part of Jerry Carmichael (including the winner.....and one who auditioned for Amy Schafer)

BreakfastGroup1_zpsf0024f03.jpg

Great photos -- especially the group shot. Who are the guys on the right hand side of the photo after Laura -- apart from you and Tom, of course?

Okay, should I go from left to right? Might be easier: Jonathan Angus, Rick Carl, Richard Brock, Larry Pane, Luis Rodriguez, yours truly, Eve Whitney er, Eve Diana, Jimmy Garrett, Laura Johansen Garrett, Breck Richardson, Tom Watson, Neil Wilburn, Herbie J. Pilato and Rob Ray.

What really struck me about this particular group after first seeing the picture was that many of the talented folks you see in the picture have either contributed to or written published or produced various works over the years, most of which end up in all our "Lucy Libraries": Jonathan, Rick and Larry all worked on and contributed greatly to the fine CBS Lucy Show DVD releases which Tom produced; Tom has also written several Lucy-themed books over the years, most notably "Loving Lucy" as well as formerly publishing "Star Notes", the Lucy fan club newsletter, along with running the subsequent website ("Lucyfan") for years; Rick being the fine artist he is, also produced the wundaful paper doll Lucy book a few years back; Eve runs the Yahoo Lucy list which, while I'm not familiar with it, I understand is still active to this day (can't be as cool as this Lounge though, I bet! ;) ) and Herbie, being a huge Bewitched & Elizabeth Montgomery as well as Lucy fan like myself, has written several books on the Bewitched phenomenon and just released his latest book, an engaging and thoughtful biography on the late great Miss Montgomery.

What a talented bunch! :D

Okay, should I go from left to right? Might be easier: Jonathan Angus, Rick Carl, Richard Brock, Larry Pane, Luis Rodriguez, yours truly, Eve Whitney er, Eve Diana, Jimmy Garrett, Laura Johansen Garrett, Breck Richardson, Tom Watson, Neil Wilburn, Herbie J. Pilato and Rob Ray.

What really struck me about this particular group after first seeing the picture was that many of the talented folks you see in the picture have either contributed to or written published or produced various works over the years, most of which end up in all our "Lucy Libraries": Jonathan, Rick and Larry all worked on and contributed greatly to the fine CBS Lucy Show DVD releases which Tom produced; Tom has also written several Lucy-themed books over the years, most notably "Loving Lucy" as well as formerly publishing "Star Notes", the Lucy fan club newsletter, along with running the subsequent website ("Lucyfan") for years; Rick being the fine artist he is, also produced the wundaful paper doll Lucy book a few years back; Eve runs the Yahoo Lucy list which, while I'm not familiar with it, I understand is still active to this day (can't be as cool as this Lounge though, I bet! ;) ) and Herbie, being a huge Bewitched & Elizabeth Montgomery as well as Lucy fan like myself, has written several books on the Bewitched phenomenon and just released his latest book, an engaging and thoughtful biography on the late great Miss Montgomery.

What a talented bunch! :D

You do realise you are omitting a few people from your talented Lucy contributing bunch. Consider yourself uninvited from the next Friends Of the Friendless Frolics!

You do realise you are omitting a few people from your talented Lucy contributing bunch. Consider yourself uninvited from the next Friends Of the Friendless Frolics!

Oh my, what was I thinking?? And here I thought I covered all the "notables", at least the ones I know.... so how could I forget my favorite RN and Mr. Watson's better half, Mr. Richard Brock!! :lucycoy:

Richard has contributed greatly over the years to our Lucy Conventions amongst other events, entertaining with aplomb as an extraordinary pianist, providing background music during many events as well as appearing on stage along with the many talented entertainers during the yearly "Saturday Night Varieties." :professor:

I can't believe I made such a startling omission, so I hope this makes amends. :gary:

There was also some former kid actor at one end of the table with his charming redheaded wife (no, not that redhead! :lucyhorror: ) regaling us with show biz stories from back when which could also fill a book and a copy of which I'd pick up in a heartbeat.

Mea culpa! :gasp:

Oh my, what was I thinking?? And here I thought I covered all the "notables", at least the ones I know.... so how could I forget my favorite RN and Mr. Watson's better half, Mr. Richard Brock!! :lucycoy:

Richard has contributed greatly over the years to our Lucy Conventions amongst other events, entertaining with aplomb as an extraordinary pianist, providing background music during many events as well as appearing on stage along with the many talented entertainers during the yearly "Saturday Night Varieties." :professor:

I can't believe I made such a startling omission, so I hope this makes amends. :gary:

There was also some former kid actor at one end of the table with his charming redheaded wife (no, not that redhead! :lucyhorror: ) regaling us with show biz stories from back when which could also fill a book and a copy of which I'd pick up in a heartbeat.

Mea culpa! :gasp:

Sheesh, twelve years of service flushed away. You're gonna have to do bettah than that, Dahhlink. Chopped liver, anyone?? :-/

I can't believe Faye's name was been misspelled for about 55 years.

Even more surprising given Faye has only been dead the last 30 years or so. Of course these early walkway stars were from the years when the honoree didn't have to pay for it so maybe they were a little less careful then about getting it right.

Archived