Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Chronology - Week 2 - October

leenorman

• 2 years later...

I've added this, today, to the chronology, 10/11/12:

The Post-Journal, Jamestown, NY, by Dusten Rader - Lakewood Boy Wins ARTS Award, Pursues Acting Career - “When Michael Brooks, 15, of Southwestern High School, participated in an audition for the ARTS in Erie (PA), he never could have imagined where it would take him. As a result of the audition, Michael was one of about 400 individuals from around the world invited to participate in the five-day talent competition called Applause Rising Talent Showcase held in Orlando, FL, on June 27 through July 1. While there, he got the chance to compete and perform in front of casting directors, agents, managers and an audience of hundreds. Before the audition, Michael had never done any acting, not even in a school play. But, he had a calling, he said. 'While growing up, I wanted to be like Lucille Ball; I wanted to be a big Hollywood actor from a place that's not very well known. I want to be one of those success stories that people talk about,'” published this date in 2012.

I've added this, today, to the chronology, 10/12/12:

The Post-Journal, Jamestown, NY, by Liz Skoczylas - Nameless No More - Officials Dedicate Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz I-86 Bridge Plaque - "Tourism into Jamestown will be on the upswing, with a new sign along Interstate 86. The sign was unveiled Thursday at the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center for Comedy. The sign dedicated the bridge over North Main Street in the Town of Ellicott as the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Memorial Bridge. A dedication ceremony was held at the Lucy-Desi Center to celebrate. According to State Senator Catharine Young, R-C-I-Olean, the idea to rename the bridge came from Lee Harkness, DJDC executive director three years ago, a way to promote the assets Jamestown has to offer. The New York State Department of Transportation is working to put the finishing touches on the sign that will actually hang on the bridge. The new sign should be up within the next several weeks," published this date in 2012.

The following has been added to the chronology this date:

The Post Journal, Jamestown NY - Region - Finishing Touches - Volunteers Complete 'I Love Lucy' Mural - “Community members and a group of 50 museum visitors gathered Monday as artists put their finishing touches on the largest ('I Love Lucy') mural in the world. A heart-shaped coat button of the mural had been previously left unfinished so it could be completed on October 15, the 61st anniversary of the first air date of ('I Love Lucy'). The image of Lucy, Ricky, Ethel and Fred on the mural is from the iconic ('I Love Lucy') episode 'California, Here We Come!', and consumed more than 500 hours of painting the 1800 square foot portrait over Brooklyn Square in downtown Jamestown; 30 gallons of paint, some donated by local Sherwin Williams store, and contains various hidden messages, including mural scene's episode number, 110, and making it the fifth 'Lucy'-related mural in downtown Jamestown,” published this date in 2012.

Archived