New Book about Mary Wickes

tjw

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tried to get it this past weekend but they wanted FIFTY bucks for it, plus tax and they did not even have it in stock, so I guess I will be giving it to myself for Christmas and through the internet.

Claude, why not just ask your local library to order it if they don't have  it - as mine did when I requested it.  I didn't buy it either due to the price but hey my library did so it's not only a sale made but gives access to others to read about That Wickes girl.

But bubbela, I live in Queerbec, where everything is F R E N C H and they don't even know who Mary Wickes is and even the show does not play here and it's dvds are not available in French.  Never understood why ILL is not in French, it played in France didn't it?  There's almost a million English speaking people though among the four millions people in Montreal but a book on Lucille Ball might sell, but not one on Mary Wickes.

• 1 year later...

Hi, folks. Today marks the 20th anniversary of Mary Wickes' death -- hard to believe so much time has passed, isn't it? -- so I thought a note to this group was in order. I'd want to extend a big thanks  for the support and enthusiasm you've shown around Mary's biography. I really appreciate your help in drawing attention to Mary's career, especially among a younger generation. Here's a photo you might get a kick out of, of Mary and Lucy from the 1972 season opener of Here's Lucy, "Lucy's Big Break." Steve Taravellapost-4455-0-71973400-1445537557_thumb.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi, all. For anyone who might have intended to pick up my Mary Wickes biography some day but not gotten around to it, I thought you might like to know that it's now out in paperback as well as hardcover. Meanwhile, big thanks to this group for your support! Steve. http://www.amazon.com/Mary-Wickes-Before-Hollywood-Legends/dp/1604739053/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1371550059&sr=1-1&keywords=mary+wickes

Archived