Martin Short to appear during Lucy Town Marathon

• 2 months later...

The Post Journal, Jamestown NY - Martin Short Tickets Go On Sale Monday - “Tickets for comedian Martin Short, who will be performing the evening of October 12, during the LucyTown Half Marathon and 5K weekend will go on sale Monday, July 1, 10 a.m., Reg Lenna Civic Center Box Office. Runners of all abilities will come to the Jamestown area on Columbus Day weekend, October 12, 13, for the LucyTown Half Marathon and 5K. Events include a 5K run; a 13.1-mile half marathon; a sports expo at the Jamestown Savings Bank Arena; and a “Night of Comedy” featuring Short; - the 5K run, October 12 and the half-marathon, October 13. The goal of the weekend is to promote a healthy lifestyle as well as the Jamestown area. The USATF-certified course, begins and ends in Jamestown, running through the neighboring towns of Lakewood and Celoron, travelling near the childhood home of Jamestown's own Lucille Ball and the Lucille Ball Memorial Park,” published this date in 2013.

WONDERING IF WE HAVE ANY RUNNERS ON THE LOUNGE WHO JUST CAN'T WAIT TO TAKE PART IN THIS RACE....ANYONE?

• 3 weeks later...

It would be interesting to go see it, but I'm not a runner. If they'd accept walkers, though, I'd go for it. :lucyhaha:

Are you serious? If so, I'll check with the 'powers that be' and see; I see many races that start here at the beach; and they have MANY walkers.... Reply here, or by instant message to me, if you prefer. Thanks....JK

Are you serious? If so, I'll check with the 'powers that be' and see; I see many races that start here at the beach; and they have MANY walkers.... Reply here, or by instant message to me, if you prefer. Thanks....JK

I do enjoy walking - withOUT the use of a walker, at least at this point, anyways :MrsRichardCarlson: - and if I could participate and support the Center, I may be willing to consider participating.

Mary Jane Fan

I do enjoy walking - withOUT the use of a walker, at least at this point, anyways - and if I could participate and support the Center, I may be willing to consider participating.

Mary Jane Fan

I'm checking for you, my friend. You'll have to excuse the reference to us 'old-timers'; age is a state of mind AND body.

Loving you, JK

Archived