Lucy introductions

LooseLucy

What evening was this again? I used to know but, can't recall.

That is absolutely horrible news, Claude! I can't believe the audacity of some individuals. To be so cruel and heartless to someone who has done nothing to deserve it is just heartless.Give him my kind regards.

Thanks to you and LucyiLove for your kind words, I will relay the message, when he got home that night and saw everything, after dealing with the police, he spent a week in the dark in the fetal position feeling violated, it took him a week to even tell me about it, he couldn't even talk about it. And he was just recovering from losing his dog. I have no idea what occasion your avatar picture is from, I just know it's the same night as she is not only wearing the same dress but has the same make up and everything. BLUE was such a great color for her.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Claude, what a terrible thing to happen to your boyfriend! Being robbed is bad enough, but to leave hateful notes & destroy things is just awful. ((Hugs)) for him, both for this terrible crime & on the loss of his beloved dog. How frustrating that they couldn't get any fingerprints.

Thanks, you are so sweet. Funny, my dad was the exact opposite, never said a word, always quiet, you never knew how he felt about anything, you had to guess, couldn't wait to leave that house also. We had a troubled relationship till the day he died, now I think, maybe he knew I was gay and that was a big part of it, who knows?

How did I come to like Lucille Ball?? I can't remeber NOT liking her... First of all... her Lucy Show and Here's Lucy would play in the afternoon when I would get home from school .... and I Love Lucy played in the early afternoon too.. I used to watch it in the summer when I didn't have to go to school. But sometime after I graduated high school... our family got a VHS player and I discovered how to tape I Love Lucy off of tv... and then those boxed VHS sets were available (the ones with 3 episodes each) and I thought.. cool.. now I can see them in good condition and without any commercials... and that first VHS set arrived with a yellow paperback book calle "The I Love Lucy Book" by Bart Andrews... and THAT led to becoming a member of We Love Lucy.. where I got a button and a membership card and some black and while photos... and then I wrote Tom Watson and asked for an autographed picture of Lucy.. which I stilll have and LOVE (even if Wanda signed it and not Lucy.. I still LOVE it)... and THAT led to buying more books about the lady and ANYTHING she was in... commercials...MOVIES..guest apperances...and then dvds came around and well... I am still collecting... ANYTHING Lucy...

Now.. back in high school... I was not very popular ... and so I would just sit at home by myself... and after we got the vcr, I wanted to watch LUCY more than anything else because it made me feel better than ANY tv show... so I had a vcr in my room and it was constantly running LUCY episodes... (I guess I was constantly trying to keep myself in a good mood... I don't know)... actually.. that is what mainly goes on today.. some kinda LUCY is always playing on my tv.. to keep me company or keep my spirits up.. I guess... or perhaps mainlyit is a secure feeling hearing her voice and the laughter of the audience... anyway... LUCY was my go to safe place... and still is... although I am now able to watch other things and enjoy other things ... but if I am at a movie or a live performance or even out with friends... if the evening kinda tanks for whatever reason.. I find myself thinking... see you could be home with the redhead and you woudn't be THIS disappointed! I love the way Lucille Ball looks.. I like her body language.. I like her eyes.. I like her eye brows... I like the "crisp" look of I LOVE LUCY.. especially form season 3 on... I like The Lucy Show... I like the rythum of the both shows... I like it alot and I don't see myself tiring anytime soon.... because it just is good solid fun... for the most part.. and it is just so damn enhoyable...

I like her era too.. by that I mean .. thanks to my fondness for her, I have become interested in other material from those years.. MGM Musicals.... Judy Garland... Howard Keel... Spencer Tracey... Alfred Hitchcock... I manage a movie theatre and I can't tell you ANYTHING about todays current stars... I learn more from the kids that work here.. BUT I can tell you lots of stuff about the 40's thru the 60's .. movies, radio, stars, tv, etc... it seems to be the main intrest I have...I can learn and immerse myself in other decades or other areas.. but post WW2 has a hold on me... I will be 45 in September and thought back in HS that I would outgrow my fondness for the redhead and old movies... and nearing EXTREAM middle age.. I think that out growing deal is not gonna happen... I enjoy her work.. I love looking at her.. and for some reason.. above all others... I really REALLY like her the most...

NOW... I am also interested in COMEDY... Lucille's shows got me interested in how comedy is done.. so I have a BIG interest in stand up and slapstick and GOOD sitcoms... by the way.. have any of you watched Joan and Melissa.. Joan Knows Best??? Check it out on youtube or WEnetwork.... and the internet show "In Bed With Joan"... I think Joan Rivers is THE funniest woman alive... well.. Carol Burnett is funny too... (see and this all was springboarded from that gal LUCY)...

Hope that gives you some background of how I came to ADORE Lucille (Oh and thanks to The Celebrity Next Door.. I am crazy for Tallulah too!)

How did I come to like Lucille Ball?? I can't remeber NOT liking her... First of all... her Lucy Show and Here's Lucy would play in the afternoon when I would get home from school .... and I Love Lucy played in the early afternoon too.. I used to watch it in the summer when I didn't have to go to school. But sometime after I graduated high school... our family got a VHS player and I discovered how to tape I Love Lucy off of tv... and then those boxed VHS sets were available (the ones with 3 episodes each) and I thought.. cool.. now I can see them in good condition and without any commercials... and that first VHS set arrived with a yellow paperback book calle "The I Love Lucy Book" by Bart Andrews... and THAT led to becoming a member of We Love Lucy.. where I got a button and a membership card and some black and while photos... and then I wrote Tom Watson and asked for an autographed picture of Lucy.. which I stilll have and LOVE (even if Wanda signed it and not Lucy.. I still LOVE it)... and THAT led to buying more books about the lady and ANYTHING she was in... commercials...MOVIES..guest apperances...and then dvds came around and well... I am still collecting... ANYTHING Lucy...

Now.. back in high school... I was not very popular ... and so I would just sit at home by myself... and after we got the vcr, I wanted to watch LUCY more than anything else because it made me feel better than ANY tv show... so I had a vcr in my room and it was constantly running LUCY episodes... (I guess I was constantly trying to keep myself in a good mood... I don't know)... actually.. that is what mainly goes on today.. some kinda LUCY is always playing on my tv.. to keep me company or keep my spirits up.. I guess... or perhaps mainlyit is a secure feeling hearing her voice and the laughter of the audience... anyway... LUCY was my go to safe place... and still is... although I am now able to watch other things and enjoy other things ... but if I am at a movie or a live performance or even out with friends... if the evening kinda tanks for whatever reason.. I find myself thinking... see you could be home with the redhead and you woudn't be THIS disappointed! I love the way Lucille Ball looks.. I like her body language.. I like her eyes.. I like her eye brows... I like the "crisp" look of I LOVE LUCY.. especially form season 3 on... I like The Lucy Show... I like the rythum of the both shows... I like it alot and I don't see myself tiring anytime soon.... because it just is good solid fun... for the most part.. and it is just so damn enhoyable...

I like her era too.. by that I mean .. thanks to my fondness for her, I have become interested in other material from those years.. MGM Musicals.... Judy Garland... Howard Keel... Spencer Tracey... Alfred Hitchcock... I manage a movie theatre and I can't tell you ANYTHING about todays current stars... I learn more from the kids that work here.. BUT I can tell you lots of stuff about the 40's thru the 60's .. movies, radio, stars, tv, etc... it seems to be the main intrest I have...I can learn and immerse myself in other decades or other areas.. but post WW2 has a hold on me... I will be 45 in September and thought back in HS that I would outgrow my fondness for the redhead and old movies... and nearing EXTREAM middle age.. I think that out growing deal is not gonna happen... I enjoy her work.. I love looking at her.. and for some reason.. above all others... I really REALLY like her the most...

NOW... I am also interested in COMEDY... Lucille's shows got me interested in how comedy is done.. so I have a BIG interest in stand up and slapstick and GOOD sitcoms... by the way.. have any of you watched Joan and Melissa.. Joan Knows Best??? Check it out on youtube or WEnetwork.... and the internet show "In Bed With Joan"... I think Joan Rivers is THE funniest woman alive... well.. Carol Burnett is funny too... (see and this all was springboarded from that gal LUCY)...

Hope that gives you some background of how I came to ADORE Lucille (Oh and thanks to The Celebrity Next Door.. I am crazy for Tallulah too!)

Wow, that was great to read, I think loads of people started out that way, remember how excited we were when we GOT those THREE VHS eps of Lucy so cleara nd crisp and then decades later, when we got those dvds even clearer and crisper, can't wait to see what they do with her on Blu Ray.

I had a VHS player in my room as well with the same purpose; to keep me inundated with Lucy in order to keep me in good spirits. I absolutely identify with that and also the extension of interest into her ccontemporaries and other stars of the surrounding decades. I work at a theatre myself and keep up in order to know just enough to get by. I'm forever drawn to period pieces such as Mona Lisa Smile, Revolutionary Road, The Great Gatsby, etc., etc.

I had a VHS player in my room as well with the same purpose; to keep me inundated with Lucy in order to keep me in good spirits. I absolutely identify with that and also the extension of interest into her ccontemporaries and other stars of the surrounding decades. I work at a theatre myself and keep up in order to know just enough to get by. I'm forever drawn to period pieces such as Mona Lisa Smile, Revolutionary Road, The Great Gatsby, etc., etc.

Is Mona Lisa Smile the movie that had a Lucy scene shown in it?

Is Mona Lisa Smile the movie that had a Lucy scene shown in it?

It is! They even have a short dialogue in the living room as it is on concerning the rumour of Lucy's 'link' with the communist party.

"I LOVE Lucy! Even if she IS a communist."

"The only thing red about Lucy is her hair, and even THAT'S fake. Desi said it, Winchell wrote it."

It is! They even have a short dialogue in the living room as it is on concerning the rumour of Lucy's 'link' with the communist party.

"I LOVE Lucy! Even if she IS a communist."

"The only thing red about Lucy is her hair, and even THAT'S fake. Desi said it, Winchell wrote it."

IMO, that scene in Mona Lisa Smile is compounded by the fact the woman delivering the "Winchell" line is a DEAD RINGER for Bea Benaderet.

Saw a guy today at the mall who looked exactly like you, were YOU in town today? LOL!

No, unfortunately. lol What's with you and Bogdan running into my doppelgangers? haha

:lucy1: There must be a chain of these across the country.

Archived