What is your favorite I Love Lucy episode?

lucy9379

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Ricky Needs An Agent" -- completely hilarious from start to finish and all four get a chance to shine.

"Ricky Needs An Agent" -- completely hilarious from start to finish and all four get a chance to shine.

You keep saying that and I know the ep is great but i'll have to watch it again as you have set me straight on Mr and Mrs before and although you never truly conviced me on Dance girl dance, you are usually right about these things so . . .

It's hard to narrow it down to one episode, Lucy9379 :) !

At first I thought of Lucy Does a TV Commercial, because her Vitameatavegamin commercial is hilarious. But Ethel isn't in that one, so then I thought of the one where Lucy wants new furniture, & she & Ethel shove it into the kitchen to hide it. The next scene where Ricky surprises her in the kitchen & they walk over the furniture & kitchen counter is so funny, but the second half of that episode isn't as good.

I am seconding Claude's choice of LA at Last, because it has so many funny scenes throughout the whole episode. Lucy & Ethel play excited tourists so well. When the girls keep jumping up at the restaurant, (& then Fred does for Ava :marionstrong: ), of course the pies on poor Bill Holden, the scene between Ricky & Lucy in their hotel room ("I'm fickle?" :lol: ) & the whole nose bit -- superb writing & acting!

Really? Just never found anything great about it, of course I don't like my Lucy SUPPORTING, I like her in a leading actress role usually.

Lucy walks away with the whole damn movie. It showcases her to her absolute best and gives her the opportunity to exercise so many facets of her performing chops from high drama, to comedy, to singing and dancing -- and a brawl or two.

Lucy walks away with the whole damn movie. It showcases her to her absolute best and gives her the opportunity to exercise so many facets of her performing chops from high drama, to comedy, to singing and dancing -- and a brawl or two.

True she looks gorgeous in it but the story just never SENDS me, but I will give it another try, you`re usually right about these thins.

It's hard to narrow it down to one episode, Lucy9379 :) !

At first I thought of Lucy Does a TV Commercial, because her Vitameatavegamin commercial is hilarious. But Ethel isn't in that one, so then I thought of the one where Lucy wants new furniture, & she & Ethel shove it into the kitchen to hide it. The next scene where Ricky surprises her in the kitchen & they walk over the furniture & kitchen counter is so funny, but the second half of that episode isn't as good.

I am seconding Claude's choice of LA at Last, because it has so many funny scenes throughout the whole episode. Lucy & Ethel play excited tourists so well. When the girls keep jumping up at the restaurant, (& then Fred does for Ava :marionstrong: ), of course the pies on poor Bill Holden, the scene between Ricky & Lucy in their hotel room ("I'm fickle?" :lol: ) & the whole nose bit -- superb writing & acting!

Lucy does a tv commercial, grape stomping and the chocolate factory are usually the top three but dang if we haven`t seen them so often, they`re diminished in our fan minds.

I'm going to say "Never Do Business With Friends" (just to be different because I like that) LOL!

I was originally going to say "Drafted" but I'd never hear the end of that :lucyhaha:

Drafted's NOT that BAD, we just use it as a reference for LESS FUNNY than the others, LOL!

All of the episodes are funny. Another one I particularly enjoy is " Lucy Raises Tulips" . She runs a muck on the lawnmower and drives over Betty's tulips. "LA At Last" is a classic too. The best part of that episode is when Bill Holden turns the tables on Lucy and stares back at her. Does anybody have a favorite episode of "The Lucy Show"? post-4449-0-62666100-1368569285_thumb.jpg

All of the episodes are funny. Another one I particularly enjoy is " Lucy Raises Tulips" . She runs a muck on the lawnmower and drives over Betty's tulips. "LA At Last" is a classic too. The best part of that episode is when Bill Holden turns the tables on Lucy and stares back at her. Does anybody have a favorite episode of "The Lucy Show"? post-4449-0-62666100-1368569285_thumb.jpg

"The Operetta" is my fave ILL and "Lucy's Sister Pays a Visit" is my fave TLS. That scene of drunken cake decorating is high-larious.

LS Dean Martin episode. Love her trying to get everyone to figure out what song she keeps singing. And she needed to wear that wig more, and why does she never where that black dress again? She knocks off at least 10 years with that look.

Yes, stars staring back at her as in Holden in L A at last and Van Johnson at the pool in Vancing with Dan are two great eps er rather SCENES. As for The Lucy show, not one ep has ever topped Lucy Meets Dean Martin for me for decades now.

Archived