What is your favorite I Love Lucy episode?

lucy9379

LS Dean Martin episode. Love her trying to get everyone to figure out what song she keeps singing. And she needed to wear that wig more, and why does she never where that black dress again? She knocks off at least 10 years with that look.

Yeah, even I would have liked to get her ON A SLOW BOAT TO CHINA with that gorgeous LOOK of hers here, LOL!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Lucy Dates Dean Martin" is one of my favorites too! "Mooney the Monkey" is also hilarious. Lucy thinks that she is having hallucinations at work. She sees Mr. Mooney as a large monkey, but its really Mr. Mooney's friend and his monkey that comes to visit him.

Ive always enjoyed Lucy is Jealous of a Girl Singer. I have many favorite I love Lucy eps. but this one seemed kind of like a brave look at some of the Arnaz's personal struggles. Of course on the show Ricky wasn't really doing anything. Still, I always found something intimate about that episode.

I am finding myself putting that one in a lot too. You're right, its almost like a down played capsule of what one of their fights must have been like in a short 30 min, with a beginning, middle and very passionate and stepping out of character into real life ending.

I am finding myself putting that one in a lot too. You're right, its almost like a down played capsule of what one of their fights must have been like in a short 30 min, with a beginning, middle and very passionate and stepping out of character into real life ending.

Yep. Like you said, it is down played but this was the closest they ever came to putting their real marriage on the show

Ive always enjoyed Lucy is Jealous of a Girl Singer. I have many favorite I love Lucy eps. but this one seemed kind of like a brave look at some of the Arnaz's personal struggles. Of course on the show Ricky wasn't really doing anything. Still, I always found something intimate about that episode.

Funny, saw it just the other night and I never made that connection but I guess you're right.

"Lucy Learns to Drive"

Love when Lucy explains to Ethel how the two cars that were attached to each other switched places.

Yeah, my favorite part was when she says, THE OTHER CAR WAS DANGEROUSLY CLOSE TO ME AND I GAVE HIM A DIRTY LOOK BUT THEN NOTICED THERE WAS NO DRIVER . . .

Lucy 9379, I LOVE that part of the LA at Last episode, where Bill Holden turns the tables on Lucy. I can't imagine any other actress being as funny as she was without saying a word, trying to act nonchalant as he stares at her! When Ethel pulls out those little scissors that always cracks me up, too :hlLOL:

Mikidiki, when you posted :

"I was originally going to say "Drafted" but I'd never hear the end of that :lucyhaha:" , you made me :marionstrong: . Love your signature clips of Lucy & Ricky kissing & dancing "chik to chik" :) .

Yep. Like you said, it is down played but this was the closest they ever came to putting their real marriage on the show

Well that and the later ep, Hollywood Anniversary: I don't think there was much actin' going on when Lucy was upset with Desi RIcky, having forgotten the date they got married. I think that ep was full of L&D "slices of real life" which we never got to see again, to that extent. One of my all-time fave episodes for that reason ...oh and the fact it's one of the funniest of the series... and the ending's so sweet and romantic it melts this old stone heart, every time! Sigh.... :lucydaze:

Well that and the later ep, Hollywood Anniversary: I don't think there was much actin' going on when Lucy was upset with Desi RIcky, having forgotten the date they got married. I think that ep was full of L&D "slices of real life" which we never got to see again, to that extent. One of my all-time fave episodes for that reason ...oh and the fact it's one of the funniest of the series... and the ending's so sweet and romantic it melts this old stone heart, every time! Sigh.... :lucydaze:

I know, that ending is my all time favorite of the series.

The Fur Coat was on last night and my boyfriend saw it, told him it is one of my all time faves of the entire series and although he couldn`t see more than ten minutes of it, he still laughed and appreciated it and I promised to show it to him next time he`s here for more than half an hour. I think this is the show that really got the series going perfectly and defined the Lucy character perfectly also.

• 1 year later...

I don't have just the ONE favorite but for the longest time my fave was Lucy at the Brown Derby with Bill Holden, called L A At Last.

And come Sunday we'll finally get to see just what shade of Brown that Derby is.

Archived