What is your favorite I Love Lucy episode?

lucy9379

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Drafted's NOT that BAD, we just use it as a reference for LESS FUNNY than the others, LOL!

Yes, Drafted is THAT BAD.  Maybe there's a story behind it, but everything is off about it, from the writing to the direction to the acting.  It's just dreadful and should be expunged from this series.  It does not belong.  Airing it should be made illegal. All copies of this episode should be confiscated and burned, never to be seen again.

Yes, Drafted is THAT BAD.  Maybe there's a story behind it, but everything is off about it, from the writing to the direction to the acting.  It's just dreadful and should be expunged from this series.  It does not belong.  Airing it should be made illegal. All copies of this episode should be confiscated and burned, never to be seen again.

Geez, and i thought I was tough.  Was Marc Daniels the director?  And were the writers off that week and they let the Marquis chimps type the script?

Wow! Thought I could be harsh when "inspired"!

I can't think of any example -- even of an "LWL" that I'd never ever want to see again at all....ever! Just sayin'! :lucywow:

Geez, and i thought I was tough.  Was Marc Daniels the director?  And were the writers off that week and they let the Marquis chimps type the script?

Yes, I guess Marc Daniels was the director.  But if it wasn't the chimps who wrote the script, maybe the writers had been at a big party and were hung over the next day when they sat down to write it.  Then there was another, even bigger and wilder party that kept the cast and director hung over and sleep deprived all week throughout rehearsals and filming.  When Lucy and Vivian were filming their crying scene, they were both thinking, "pleeeez, let's just get this thing over with so I can go home, take an aspirin and go to sleep!"

Wow! Thought I could be harsh when "inspired"!

I can't think of any example -- even of an "LWL" that I'd never ever want to see again at all....ever! Just sayin'! :lucywow:

How 'bout "Tennessee Ernie's Fun Farm"?  "Lucy in the Jungle"?

Yes, I guess Marc Daniels was the director.  But if it wasn't the chimps who wrote the script, maybe the writers had been at a big party and were hung over the next day when they sat down to write it.  Then there was another, even bigger and wilder party that kept the cast and director hung over and sleep deprived all week throughout rehearsals and filming.  When Lucy and Vivian were filming their crying scene, they were both thinking, "pleeeez, let's just get this thing over with so I can go home, take an aspirin and go to sleep!"

How 'bout "Tennessee Ernie's Fun Farm"?  "Lucy in the Jungle"?

That's true, three writers used to write one show in every weekly period as opposed to the fifty writers who churn out the crap sketches on SNL.

Archived