Lucie's 1974 Interview

Will

Its a nice article. I call bullcrap on her "the divorce wasn't a big deal" line though. It did matter. It affected her deeply.

Yeah. I have a feeling she might've buttered a few things up because apparently Big Lucy was sitting there during the interview. She said quite a few things that later changed after Mama was dead in her documentary. I noticed Lucie said her mom was always there for her and quite doting in this 1974 interview and then in 1993 was whistling a slightly different tune. Hmm.

Yeah. I have a feeling she might've buttered a few things up because apparently Big Lucy was sitting there during the interview. She said quite a few things that later changed after Mama was dead in her documentary. I noticed Lucie said her mom was always there for her and quite doting in this 1974 interview and then in 1993 was whistling a slightly different tune. Hmm.

Since both of her parents were still alive im sure there where certain things she just wouldn't(or couldn't) say yet. Much like there were certain things she couldn't say while Gary was still alive. But maybe at this point in her life she wanted to believe the divorce didn't matter. Even if it did.

Archived