What's Your Favorite Lucy Things to Collect?

Lucyilove

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I cannot tell you what a thrill it is to see ALL of her series in DVD form, all in a cabinet, all together, her entire life's work in television, all 500 plus shows. Never thought i'd live to see the day, now bring 'em on in Blu Ray and also in C O L O R !

I'm with you here: it's great to have her entire "catalog" so to speak readily available and within easy reach! Now it'll be interesting to see what "version" they'll turn up (out?) next! :lucyhaha:

I'm with you here: it's great to have her entire "catalog" so to speak readily available and within easy reach! Now it'll be interesting to see what "version" they'll turn up (out?) next! :lucyhaha:

One of the things I am most looking forward to doing now that I have so much time on my hands is to go through my private dvd collection, I just glanced at the one disc today and it was the complete soundtrack of WILDCAT sent to me by a dear dear old old old OLD friend, LOL!

I just bought a promotional record of the Mame soundtrack that was brought out the Christmas before Mame was released. I took some pictures.

The cover:

IMAG2088_zps9be49f8d.jpg

The inside:

IMAG2090_zps6b65d34f.jpg

The back:

IMAG2087_zpsc8f0da82.jpg

I guess they decided to put a prewritten note from Lucy on the back. The record is also in great shape! But I thought this was a cool find! Never seen this before. Anybody see this before or own one?

I just bought a promotional record of the Mame soundtrack that was brought out the Christmas before Mame was released. I took some pictures.

The cover:

IMAG2088_zps9be49f8d.jpg

The inside:

IMAG2090_zps6b65d34f.jpg

The back:

IMAG2087_zpsc8f0da82.jpg

I guess they decided to put a prewritten note from Lucy on the back. The record is also in great shape! But I thought this was a cool find! Never seen this before. Anybody see this before or own one?

THAT is cool! :lucyhaha:

I have it framed too. I found it in a big box of old records this guy had. I just went up and asked, said a buck. Probably thought it was some old soundtrack or cast album not worth much. Surprised I found the promotional one. This was like mid 90's.

The cover:

IMAG2088_zps9be49f8d.jpg

The inside:

IMAG2090_zps6b65d34f.jpg

The back:

IMAG2087_zpsc8f0da82.jpg

Yeah, got that, and my fave part was the Lucy note.

Up thread, I mentioned I like to collect Lucy things with some degree of sentimental value. Well, I just won an eBay auction for an item that really looks like nothing, but has shot up the list of favourite things -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350809627867&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:CA:3160

Not only does it promote Lucy, but my grandfather was a CFRB announcer in the 1930s! :HALKING:

Up thread, I mentioned I like to collect Lucy things with some degree of sentimental value. Well, I just won an eBay auction for an item that really looks like nothing, but has shot up the list of favourite things -- http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=350809627867&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOIBSA:CA:3160

Not only does it promote Lucy, but my grandfather was a CFRB announcer in the 1930s! :HALKING:

Very cool! Great story behind it too. :)

Up thread, I mentioned I like to collect Lucy things with some degree of sentimental value. Well, I just won an eBay auction for an item that really looks like nothing, but has shot up the list of favourite things -- http://cgi.ebay.com/...:EOIBSA:CA:3160

Brock: Sent yu an IM request; can't remember if I hit 'send' - duhhhhhh! Kindly respond if you don't get the request. Thanks. JK

Up thread, I mentioned I like to collect Lucy things with some degree of sentimental value. Well, I just won an eBay auction for an item that really looks like nothing, but has shot up the list of favourite things -- http://cgi.ebay.com/...:EOIBSA:CA:3160

If you ever find that Pierre Berton show with Lucy, i'm in for half the value.

• 2 weeks later...

One of my favorites still is the set of ILL collector cards that came out around 1989 or not long after Lucy passed away. I thought it was particularly cool the way the manufacturers did not "mix up" the cards in packs but had them in numbered orders in the pack and the wax packs were thin enough you could actually see the number of the "last" card in the set so you really never had to get any duplicate cards. Which set do you prefer the original gray or the later second printing pink trim? I'm torn here because the gray seems a little more dramatic and classier but the pink seems a little prettier and more a Lucy color.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

TRULY JUST AMAZING!  Last time I saw something like that was pictures of Glen Charlow's apartment.  I am so happy I convinced you to post these again, just wunnerful, wunnerful.  And I suppose the brick on the floor is from her Roxbury mansion too?  Where's the piece of siding you also said you had from the house?

Archived