Real Life Lucy

Luvsbway

Ever have a moment in life that makes you think of Lucy, the shows, people on the shows, movies etc…?

I had 2 things this week. I was emailing a sub-contractor at work. His email is jmooney@... Made me laugh, especially when I was editing his resume and it said Mr. Mooney this and Mr. Mooney that.

There is a guy at work who’s name is Robert Taylor but they call him Bob. When I email him it pops up as robert.taylor@. Every time his email appears I have to say his name just like Lucy does when she reads it off the shriveled up orange in Hollywood.

Another one from a week or so ago, my word processing assistant needed some explanation on something I gave her and she came over and said, “splain this to me”. My co-workers don’t know about my Lucy obsession yet. The only indication is my Lucy calendar, but I have it hung at a weird place so I’m the only one who can really see it.

I think Brock and I discovered that we both must say Riverside the shocked way Lucy does on the train.

I listen to XM/Sirius On Broadway Channel all day at work. They are very heavy on the Mame with Angela. Always makes me smile and think of that scenes in the movie.

• Like 1

Ever have a moment in life that makes you think of Lucy, the shows, people on the shows, movies etc…?

I had 2 things this week. I was emailing a sub-contractor at work. His email is jmooney@... Made me laugh, especially when I was editing his resume and it said Mr. Mooney this and Mr. Mooney that.

There is a guy at work who’s name is Robert Taylor but they call him Bob. When I email him it pops up as robert.taylor@. Every time his email appears I have to say his name just like Lucy does when she reads it off the shriveled up orange in Hollywood.

Another one from a week or so ago, my word processing assistant needed some explanation on something I gave her and she came over and said, “splain this to me”. My co-workers don’t know about my Lucy obsession yet. The only indication is my Lucy calendar, but I have it hung at a weird place so I’m the only one who can really see it.

I think Brock and I discovered that we both must say Riverside the shocked way Lucy does on the train.

I listen to XM/Sirius On Broadway Channel all day at work. They are very heavy on the Mame with Angela. Always makes me smile and think of that scenes in the movie.

Well, yeah, I guess I had a real Lucy moment this past week. Went to the grocery store and they had the cakes on sale, those fake tasting cakes, not big ones or anything. Anyhoo, I saw they were on sale so I was picking out a few boxes of the chocolate ones and didn't know they were stacked like on a mountain, so as I chose some underneath a big pile, I moved the lot and about 50 of the boxes fell on the other side. I felt so Lucyish for a moment.

Yes :) ! My husband belongs to a club that was electing new officers recently & one member asked my hubby to nominate him. When relaying this story to me, he said: "Good luck to this guy, finding anyone to nominate him". I immediateIy thought of The Club Election episode on ILL & told him maybe the guy could find someone if he offered them a sweater and a bag to match :marionstrong: . (My poor hubby was clueless until I mentioned the Lucy connection, then I got the usual :MrsRichardCarlson: ) :lucythrill:

Here's two Lucy moments at work...

While putting up bars on an endcap at work I was trying to be it on the highest level. First off it didn't fit so I took a mallet and tried to pound it in. Then the other side would pop out. After a few tries I got it in! But then, the big sign on top fell down and hit me in the head. I was having quite a problem.

Next, I was changing jewelry in one of our spinners I leaned on one of the door because I was losing balance and one of the doors fell off. So I found the pieces I needed on the floor and did it. Closed it and locked it.

Then opened it again and it was staying. But as soon as I started working again on the jewelry it fell off. So I decided I'll put it back on after I'm done working the jewelry and put the nuts that hold it together on the side.

So after I was done I wanted to put the door back on. I noticed I misplaced the nuts. So I panic. Searched everywhere, the floor, garbage, even called maintenance. Could not find it. After freaking out for 10 minutes, I tell my coworker about it, then this person looked right next to the spinner and there were the nuts. I used the spider face and everything. I couldn't believe it.

• Like 1

A friend and fellow fan who works in a luggage repair shop said he called a customer to tell her that her luggage was fixed. Her name was Mrs. Klump.

I never made this connection until now! Omg! My aunt is named Elizabeth Vytlacil, we call her Liz. She married a man named David Klump. Her name is Elizabeth 'Liz' Klump. I wonder if David's sister is Isabella. Hilarious! Thank you for posting this Neil!

Another Lucy related thing. Not a thing connected with a character but to Lucy, herself. You know how the date July 17 has a lot of birthdays in connection to Lucy? That's my sister's birthday. July 17, 1983 to be exact!

Also to mention the number 7 is prominent in our family. All our birthdays and our astrological numbers are all 7. Lucy has said the number 7 is pretty prominent in her family also. Even though her astrological number is 6. I feel so nerdy for saying that.. Hahaha.

I never made this connection until now! Omg! My aunt is named Elizabeth Vytlacil, we call her Liz. She married a man named David Klump. Her name is Elizabeth 'Liz' Klump. I wonder if David's sister is Isabella. Hilarious! Thank you for posting this Neil!

Well, "Isabella" is the Spanish form of "Elizabeth", so...ding! Ding! Ding! We have an Isabella Klump! :D

Another Lucy related thing. Not a thing connected with a character but to Lucy, herself. You know how the date July 17 has a lot of birthdays in connection to Lucy? That's my sister's birthday. July 17, 1983 to be exact!

Also to mention the number 7 is prominent in our family. All our birthdays and our astrological numbers are all 7. Lucy has said the number 7 is pretty prominent in her family also. Even though her astrological number is 6. I feel so nerdy for saying that.. Hahaha.

Geez, you're all ODD aren't ya?

So I have new neighbors moving in next door. From my second story perch in my Lucy Room I can see everything going into the house. I don't need binoculars though, but can play a good game of "priceless antique or cheap junk".

Better keep an eye on'em, I overheard at the grocery store that they are foreign agents bent on blowing up the Capitol!

I work with a GEORGE and his wife's name is LIZ... there is a tombstone in the local cemetery that says VANCE with the lady's name VIVIAN ... and sometimes I get into crazy stuff and people always say that could only happen to YOU.. and it's because you watch too much LUCY!

The tombstone next to what will eventually be MINE says B A H L , different spelling but the thought and odd coincidence are there.