Real Life Lucy

Luvsbway

Had some friends over today. I made popcorn for the first time in awhile. I put way too many kernels in a pot and went into another room for about ten minutes. The smoke alarm told me the popcorn was done. My other mistake: I didn't put a lid on the pan. Popcorn was literally everywhere in the kitchen. We had to get everything cleaned up before any adults showed up, not to mention trying to locate the fire detector.

In related news, the folks had a cocktail party tonight. Pandora was playing lounge music on somebody's iPad or something. The rest went as follows:

iPad: ~Starts to play Dean Martin singing Lazy River~

Me: ~Gets the sudden urge to peel potatoes~

Friend: Who's singing this?

Me: It sounds like Dean Martin but the raspy voiced lady did it way better.

Everyone: ~Turns and looks at me like WTF are you talking about~

Me: ~Has to explain the entire plot to Viv Moves Out~

I rewatched that episode tonight and the raspy voiced lady has some goddam crazy eyes when she sings.

• Like 2

Had some friends over today. I made popcorn for the first time in awhile. I put way too many kernels in a pot and went into another room for about ten minutes. The smoke alarm told me the popcorn was done. My other mistake: I didn't put a lid on the pan. Popcorn was literally everywhere in the kitchen. We had to get everything cleaned up before any adults showed up, not to mention trying to locate the fire detector.

In related news, the folks had a cocktail party tonight. Pandora was playing lounge music on somebody's iPad or something. The rest went as follows:

iPad: ~Starts to play Dean Martin singing Lazy River~

Me: ~Gets the sudden urge to peel potatoes~

Friend: Who's singing this?

Me: It sounds like Dean Martin but the raspy voiced lady did it way better.

Everyone: ~Turns and looks at me like WTF are you talking about~

Me: ~Has to explain the entire plot to Viv Moves Out~

I rewatched that episode tonight and the raspy voiced lady has some goddam crazy eyes when she sings.

Sounds like an episode of Here's Freddie.

• 2 weeks later...

Some of us do not have your MONEY, and we HAVE TO shop there.

You saying you don't have Dollar General?  They are the best - and contrary to those who say nay - they DO HAVE name brands!  And, they accept manufaturer's coupons, which helps the bill lessen, too.

Then, there is always Aldi's; they are truly the best, except they don't accept manufacturer's coupons; but, prices are so low, you don't need the coupons - ; even though their own brand product, haven't found but one thing that doesn't compare to a long-line of 'name brand' from family history and  habits, have I found.  That would be their 'brand' spaghetti sauce - I prefer home-made, sweeter, rather than saltier; so, I stick to Prego, which I CAN buy at $ Gen'l.... 

You saying you don't have Dollar General?  They are the best - and contrary to those who say nay - they DO HAVE name brands!  And, they accept manufaturer's coupons, which helps the bill lessen, too.

Then, there is always Aldi's; they are truly the best, except they don't accept manufacturer's coupons; but, prices are so low, you don't need the coupons - ; even though their own brand product, haven't found but one thing that doesn't compare to a long-line of 'name brand' from family history and  habits, have I found.  That would be their 'brand' spaghetti sauce - I prefer home-made, sweeter, rather than saltier; so, I stick to Prego, which I CAN buy at $ Gen'l.... 

Of course we have dollar stores, i'm there at least once a week, toiletries for half what you pay at the regular drugstores, fresh bread at 1.25, some food, chocolate bars at half the price of convenience stores, i could go on all day.

So today after school I had practice in the gym and they have this bike in a storeroom that I know how to get into so me and some friends took turns riding the bike as fast as we could through the school. Anyway, I'm on the bike and I'm wearing sweatpants. After awhile it starts to get hard to pedal and I look down and I see that my sweatpants got caught on the chain or something and started to unravel more and more as I rode. That is some straight up physical comedy. Now this is all eerily similar to that situation with La Carmichael's skirt and the elevator, isn't it?

Sorry again, but i just like a ribald sense of humor, as did Lucy, "i just can't resist an opening like that", i'll leave THAT last one alone.   :gary:  I'm well aware that i sometimes go overboard, but i love a good laugh, like i have said many times, we're not curing cancer here, we're just posting on a site, never meant to offend, just to laugh a little.

I'm pretty sure Freddie was being sarcastic.

Yeah, i figured that by today's post, did not take it that way yesterday though.  I know i shouldn't always give SCUSES for my bad behavior but i had just looked at films of gays being thrown off of high buildings by ISIS for just being who they are, so maybe that pushed me to joke sexually, i dunno. :(

Why do you watch that stuff, it just riles you up?

Well, you couldn't escape it, it was one of the big news items, i checked it out because i couldn't believe these sorts of things happen nowadays with those morons.  Stonings, hangings, beheadings, people thrown off buildings for being gay, and all in 2015.

I'm pretty sure Freddie was being sarcastic.

Yeah, i figured that by today's post, did not take it that way yesterday though.  I know i shouldn't always give SCUSES for my bad behavior but i had just looked at films of gays being thrown off of high buildings by ISIS for just being who they are, so maybe that pushed me to joke sexually, i dunno. :(

Sorry my sarcasm didn't shine through the internet, not to mention it caught you at a bad time. Hope things are on the upside as of now :peachonthebeach:

Sorry my sarcasm didn't shine through the internet, not to mention it caught you at a bad time. Hope things are on the upside as of now :peachonthebeach:

Yes, whenever things work out like this, thought i was headed away from this site yet again, then everything gets back to normal, even with the most God awful things happening all over the world.

Yes, whenever things work out like this, thought i was headed away from this site yet again, then everything gets back to normal, even with the most God awful things happening all over the world.

Even though everyone has their little misunderstandings, it's good to know that The Lounge is a very welcoming place for everyone no matter what's going on around the world ^_^