Real Life Lucy

Luvsbway

• 8 months later...

I had my own Vitameatavegamin experience a couple of weeks ago:

Always wanting to be Mr. Healthy, I tried a new brand of those all-natural juice smoothie things. Not long after drinking it, a familiar feeling came over me. I looked at the nutritional facts and lo and behold, it contained a decent amount of alcohol!

If drinking is the way to good health, my grandparents must be immortal!

• Like 3

I had my own Vitameatavegamin experience a couple of weeks ago:

Always wanting to be Mr. Healthy, I tried a new brand of those all-natural juice smoothie things. Not long after drinking it, a familiar feeling came over me. I looked at the nutritional facts and lo and behold, it contained a decent amount of alcohol!

If drinking is the way to good health, my grandparents must be immortal!

Was it tasty, too? Just like candy?

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was just typing the word "Okay" into a note on Facebook Messenger and my phone suggested the following word instead: "Lousy"

What are the odds? Do you think there is a Lucy Fan/Percy Livermore h8ter in the Apple lab?

Well that was a swell thing for it to do! :HALKING:

As for Percy, it's nice to believe it's possible! ;)

So last night, as I was preparing for my school's annual Oscars ceremony, I went down into the basement to find it completely flooded! There was literally water pouring out of the walls. I couldn't miss the show, because I was presenting the first award, they had a skit that I was a part of, and I had three nominations. In a half hour I had to throw down every towel, old sheet, and rag that I could find; not to mention carrying up the many boxes that still haven't been sorted out since the move. I showed up to the Oscars completely soaked and exhausted.

It made me think of a rejected ILL bit.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

This weekend I toured an unfinished house a la Lucy Barker and Peter Graves. I did not fall through any floors, nor did I drink Dr. Pepper and dance to a Mercer/Whiting standard, although given the opportunity, you know I would have. It's a 4.2 million dollar lake house that's being constructed by the Californian brother of a guy who lives in my native Chesaning. It's a doozy alright. I felt like I was in Mr. Blandings Builds His Dream House.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I was at TIFF with my mom and a friend (who is also a big Lucy fan) this afternoon as the capper to my birthday weekend and he likened the following situation to The Hedda Hopper Story:

Each year at TIFF I'm always on high alert for stars walking around and this year I only* saw Celia Weston and Norman Jewison -- and Norman is there all the time. Anyway, my mom went to find us a spot in line for Natalie Portman's Jackie while we finished our lunch but when we went out to find her she was nowhere to be scene. We circled the line-up area a few times before we spotted her somewhere in the middle of the pack. From a different angle, we could see her chatting animatedly with a woman in a green outfit who looked vaguely familiar. A couple of circles later and strategizing how to get into the middle of the crowd, I said to my friend, "Ha! That woman looks a bit like Beth Grant." Working our way through the crowd, this turned into, "You know, that woman really looks like Beth Grant!"

Politely shoving our way through the crowds, their conversation appeared to be growing more and more animated and by the time we reached my mom, they were chatting and laughing up a storm. Then, my mom said, "Brock, this is Beth. It's her birthday today. :D "

She had no idea to whom she was speaking! :o Turns out she is the sweetest person ever and she hung out with us for the rest of the afternoon, sitting with us during Jackie -- in which she features as Lady Bird Johnson! -- and chatting afterwards. It was so excited. She's been in everything!

Ricky: Mother, why didn't you tell us your friend was Henna Hooper?

McG: You didn't ASK me!

• 7 months later...

. . . . . watched Long, Long Trailer early a.m., TCM;

'Mankie' [sure miss BOB OSBORNE] times is a changing at TCM!!!!

calling it a Marjorie Main 'watch list' - REALLY?  She must have been in it all of 5 minutes, if THAT!!!!

Now, I have questions!!!!  Like those 3 you who think Chautauqua Institution is  a legitimate partnership with L-D Museum et al!!!!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tonight I put one of those little pod things in the Keurig and started it without putting a mug under the "spout". I didn't realize that I'd forgotten until I walked back into the kitchen and saw coffee overflowing over everything. I immediately had a vision of Lucy and Ethel succumbing to a door-to-door Keurig salesman and doing exactly the same thing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
On August 11, 2017 at 1:54 PM, Freddie2 said:

I immediately had a vision of Lucy and Ethel succumbing to a door-to-door Keurig salesman and doing exactly the same thing.

:marionstrong:

:lucy2: Viv! Turn off the Keurig, we're leaking!

:viv2: I can't turn it off. This lever broke off when I turned it on! Are you sure you used the right pod?

:lucy2: Pod?

:viv2: Yeah, those little round things with the coffee grounds in them.

:lucy2: So THAT'S what they were!

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

:marionstrong:

:lucy2: Viv! Turn off the Keurig, we're leaking!

:viv2: I can't turn it off. This lever broke off when I turned it on! Are you sure you used the right pod?

:lucy2: Pod?

:viv2: Yeah, those little round things with the coffee grounds in them.

:lucy2: So THAT'S what they were!

The scene would end with the Keurig going haywire and spraying right in the face of Mr. Mooney as he walks through the door.

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...