Real Life Lucy

Luvsbway

I've had Steve Urkel moments at work, like accidentally knocking down a display and going "did I do thaaaaat?"

Anytime I blow up big balloons on a helium tank I think of that one Lucy scene, and when she imitates the sound it makes. At least I'm not like Viv who can't seem to keep them from flying away!

We just redecorated our house (paint/new furnitures) and I keep thinking of the many Lucy episodes involving new furniture/redecorating. I also just got a new bed, and of course I kept thinking of the TLS where Lucy tried surprising Viv with an electric mattress. Idk why Viv couldn't just sleep on the couch!

Also once our toilet backed up and flooded the bathroom (and of course caused a leak in the kitchen) so that was a typical Lucy moment, for me at least. That was not fun. Glad my mom wasn't in the kitchen or that wouldn't have been pretty! LOL. And this has more to do with Ricky but last week I was trying to fish and my line got caught on a buoy near the swimming area and nobody was around so I had to jump in and unsnag it. At least I had my suit on so I would not have gone in fully clothed. And another time I was trying to row a boat and we got stuck in the middle of the lake (it's a small manmade lake), and the lifeguard had to jump in and tow us in, while the rest of my family just stood there laughing at us. The same thing happened to my grandmother back in the 70s in the 1000 Islands while she was trying to "save" someone who was "drowning" and she kept rowing farther and farther away, and my mom and everybody was laughing hysterically.

I was in 2 musicals in my life. Bye Bye Birdie and Anything Goes. Now here's where my Lucy references come in. Vivian was in a production of Anything Goes in the 40s and Lucie Arnaz did Bye Bye Birdie at the Melody Top Theatre in Milwaukee in the late 70s. Lucy was even there. I guess Desi Jr also did a production at the Melody Top in Milwaukee also. Lucy also made an appearance. Whatta supportive momma!

• Like 1

I was in 2 musicals in my life. Bye Bye Birdie and Anything Goes. Now here's where my Lucy references come in. Vivian was in a production of Anything Goes in the 40s and Lucie Arnaz did Bye Bye Birdie at the Melody Top Theatre in Milwaukee in the late 70s. Lucy was even there. I guess Desi Jr also did a production at the Melody Top in Milwaukee also. Lucy also made an appearance. Whatta supportive momma!

SHE ALWAYS WAS SO SUPPORTIVE OF BOTH HER KIDS. Further comments are censored by management. LOL!

Satellite radio On Broadway was very good this afternoon. Played these 2 songs back to back.

Mame-Lansbury version- If He Walked Into My Life Today

Anything Goes- Sutton Foster version- Friendship

Not only did Lucy sing both songs in movies, she also sang both songs on TV. The Mame one came in the beginning of the Lucy is a Peacemaker episode of HL.

Satellite radio On Broadway was very good this afternoon. Played these 2 songs back to back.

Not only did Lucy sing both songs in movies, she also sang both songs on TV. The Mame one came in the beginning of the Lucy is a Peacemaker episode of HL.

I know, watched peacemaker today. And although I just hate saying it, the reviewers were right, Good God, the writing is just awful, watched the first 14 eps and I disagree with them about Eydie Gorme and Chuck Connors, nothing wrong with either performance.

Friendship was from Anything Goes? Didn't she also do it in Dubarry? I know she did it with Gene Kelly on the special he did with her as guest star.

I was in the store today, and I was going to pay for my items, and in split timing, just as soon as I swiped it, I did the spider lol right at that moment I remembered the cards expiration date was 6/13 so today being (7/1) makes it expired, so it wont process any transactions lol I was screwed lol Funny thing though, JUST AS SOON AS I DID the cashier laughed. I didnt have to explain anything. It was as if we both knew it was from LUCY bust didnt have time to really explain, but just laugh. lol

Friendship was from Anything Goes? Didn't she also do it in Dubarry? I know she did it with Gene Kelly on the special he did with her as guest star.

Friendship was not in the original Anything Goes but later versions included it. Lucy sang it in Duberry.

• Like 1

Today Mom and I went to Menards to buy a few things for my roof (shingles need to be tacked down and made leak-proof). I don't have a ladder to get up onto the roof so we had to buy one. The trouble is my mom's car is a 2-door Toyota Solara and the seats in the back did not go all the way down to allow the ladder to slide all the way in. So about a quarter of it was sticking out the back of the trunk. We needed to find a tie down to keep the trunk from flapping open. Well we found one but then we didn't have anything metal to hook the top of the trunk to. So Mom grabs a roll of duct tape and makes a redneck tie down, taping the trunk lid to a rung on the ladder. You should've seen the looks we got driving home from the other drivers out there, especially the fellow ladies. They just nodded and smiled like we're all a part of the "Dumb Bitch Brigade."

I think that sounds like something Lucy and Ethel would do. :lucyhaha: :lucyhorror:

• Like 1

Today Mom and I went to Menards to buy a few things for my roof (shingles need to be tacked down and made leak-proof). I don't have a ladder to get up onto the roof so we had to buy one. The trouble is my mom's car is a 2-door Toyota Solara and the seats in the back did not go all the way down to allow the ladder to slide all the way in. So about a quarter of it was sticking out the back of the trunk. We needed to find a tie down to keep the trunk from flapping open. Well we found one but then we didn't have anything metal to hook the top of the trunk to. So Mom grabs a roll of duct tape and makes a redneck tie down, taping the trunk lid to a rung on the ladder. You should've seen the looks we got driving home from the other drivers out there, especially the fellow ladies. They just nodded and smiled like we're all a part of the "Dumb Bitch Brigade."

I think that sounds like something Lucy and Ethel would do. :lucyhaha: :lucyhorror:

Maybe we'll call you Miss Carmichael from now on.

• Like 1

So I was sleeping over by a friends house and had to park my car into the garage, which is very small. No biggie. But in the morning as I was pulling out of the garage I was nervous. But I thought I was doing wonderfully, checking both sides. Then SNAP. My driver side mirror broke off, hanging only by wires.

But no fear! Super glue and the help of my friend saved my day!

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...