Real Life Lucy

Luvsbway

GREAT LINE, WOMAN!!!!!  Just what I was gonna say...

It's not as if i was seeking it out, i went to NEWS and it was there and i just couldn't believe what those assholes were doing, throwing people off roofs for being gay, like i said before, can you believe this crap happens in 2015?

• 1 month later...

So the gf got her drivers license a couple of days ago and it's only legal to have one person in the car with you but no one pays attention to that rule anyway so there were five of us in the car with her and we were right by Speedway which is the go to place for all thing kids in town and she says "Where do I go next?", and me, being the Lucy-quoting smartass that I am, says "Turn right here left!". A near traffic jam ensued and again, no one got the reference but me. This needs to stop at some point.

I did a 'real-life Lucy' yesterday; happens more than you think; at least once a week, I do something 'whacky' - I call 'em 'lucyisms'.:

Here it is:

Helping my across-the-hall neighbor move, after only one year here; to a lovely apartment several houses east of this one; had car loaded up with boxes; pillows; baskets; drove over there, and unloaded car; up a flight of stairs, three times; pounded on the door; no answer!!!! was in the wrong building!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!; so, back downstairs; carried stuff to the next building (hers)!!!!

I did a 'real-life Lucy' yesterday; happens more than you think; at least once a week, I do something 'whacky' - I call 'em 'lucyisms'.:

Here it is:

Helping my across-the-hall neighbor move, after only one year here; to a lovely apartment several houses east of this one; had car loaded up with boxes; pillows; baskets; drove over there, and unloaded car; up a flight of stairs, three times; pounded on the door; no answer!!!! was in the wrong building!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!; so, back downstairs; carried stuff to the next building (hers)!!!!

:marionstrong:  :marionstrong:  :marionstrong: At least no one was home. Ever gone in the wrong car before? Now that's embarrassing!

:marionstrong:  :marionstrong:  :marionstrong: At least no one was home. Ever gone in the wrong car before? Now that's embarrassing!

I've done that, but fortunately that wrong car was locked.  It would be worse actually getting inside someone else's car.

This reminds me of the time I went up to Palm Springs with a friend.  He had an address for a hotel and we were driving around trying to find the hotel.  Finally got to the address.  The office door was unlocked so he went inside.  When he saw the startled "manager" sitting there in his underwear, he realized he wasn't in a hotel office but, rather, inside the living room of someone's private home.  :lucydisgust:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok ok ok- this might not really be eligible for the "Real Life Lucy" thread at all, but it's a solid place to put it.

Real Life MTM: With a big group of friends graduating this year, I participated in a near-perfect replica of the classic Mary Tyler Moore Finale Group Hug, complete with someone saying "How do we get out of here?" (we were on stage in front of an audience- it's a long story) and the conglomeration shuffling around homogeneously. We didn't sing "It's A Long Way To Tiperrary", but still very emotional and very reminiscent of TV.

Not myself but, my husband did:  We were many-year members/volunteers/officers of the American Legion herein Lakewood; for a cuppla years, one of our friends and we had same-year Buick Rivieras, one bright red; one not so bright, more maroon.  My husband was in law enforcement; so, he always made me drive; he, one night, ready to go home, suddenly said "I'm ready - I said:  'let me finish my beverage' - he went out; I finished my beverage and left; got in the car (husband in friend's passenger seat!!!!); he didn't see me come out; so, I started up the car; backed out; and just when I got in his side view; tooted the horn; he waved; then, looked at me; then, looked around in the back seat, etc., and realized his error! 

Let me tell you, I never let him forget tht; and we shared many laughs with friends for years after that.....

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

If this doesn't sound like a Lucy plot, I don't know what does!

Today my school did an orientation thing for incoming students. I was asked to put on the mascot costume and do some stuff. Not wanting to be rude, I agreed and donned this big black panther suit. They told me to take the head off at the end to reveal my identity to everyone. So I'm walking down the hall in the outfit and I pass by a certain lady friend ;)  of mine and she immediately knows who it is because of 'my walk'. I never thought people could have distinct walks. Anyway, it comes time for me to reveal my identity at the end of this big assembly and the head isn't coming off. The costume can be unzipped but the head would not budge. Apparently they've had this problem before. And yes, I spent a couple of hours walking around school with a giant panther head on.

It's better than a loving cup. 

Today my school did an orientation thing for incoming students. I was asked to put on the mascot costume and do some stuff. Not wanting to be rude, I agreed and donned this big black panther suit. They told me to take the head off at the end to reveal my identity to everyone. So I'm walking down the hall in the outfit and I pass by a certain lady friend ;)  of mine and she immediately knows who it is because of 'my walk'. I never thought people could have distinct walks. Anyway, it comes time for me to reveal my identity at the end of this big assembly and the head isn't coming off. The costume can be unzipped but the head would not budge. Apparently they've had this problem before. And yes, I spent a couple of hours walking around school with a giant panther head on.

Freddie:  Loving this; for comparison, one year on Daytona Beach where my hubby and I had a three-week timeshare each year, my daughter visited us for a week; and she is beautiful, and was young at the time; so, when she took off to go see friends of ours who were down the beach in a motel, I watched her walk down there with our binoculars from the vantage point on our sixth-floor deck until she turned into their motel - then, I knew she was safe!!!

The following day, we were ALL down the beach at our friends' place for a pool party and cookout and I mentioned watching her the day before until she turned into the motel they were staying in, and spoke of her long, loping stride; and my friend from Tennessee said to me:  "Joyce, she walks identically as you do" - FIRST I'd ever heard anyone mention how I walk!!!! Now, I notice that two of my three boys also walk like that!!!!  STRANGE!!!!!  :fabrary:

• Like 1

O M G now that IS a real Lucy episode!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 2 weeks later...

So this past weekend my mom had to have repairs done on her car, and after we picked up her car from the service center she was going to follow me home in my car while driving her car.  Well for some reason as I was turning left crossing 2 lanes of traffic, I accidentally turned into the turning lane.  I realized my mistake after I saw the arrows on the street that were upside down and pointing to the left.  Then I looked in my rearview mirror only to see my mother had followed me into the turning lane on the wrong side of the road!  Here we were, two dumb broads driving the wrong way down the street LOL.  There was a cement median separating the two sides of the road so we were unable to crossover.  Anyway, we did a couple illegal U-turns and were able to get going the right direction.  Luckily traffic was not heavy and there were no cops around.  I just thought to myself this is something I could see Lucy and Ethel doing.  Dumb blonde, guilty as charged.   :lucyeww:

• Like 1

So this past weekend my mom had to have repairs done on her car, and after we picked up her car from the service center she was going to follow me home in my car while driving her car.  Well for some reason as I was turning left crossing 2 lanes of traffic, I accidentally turned into the turning lane.  I realized my mistake after I saw the arrows on the street that were upside down and pointing to the left.  Then I looked in my rearview mirror only to see my mother had followed me into the turning lane on the wrong side of the road!  Here we were, two dumb broads driving the wrong way down the street LOL.  There was a cement median separating the two sides of the road so we were unable to crossover.  Anyway, we did a couple illegal U-turns and were able to get going the right direction.  Luckily traffic was not heavy and there were no cops around.  I just thought to myself this is something I could see Lucy and Ethel doing.  Dumb blonde, guilty as charged.   :lucyeww:

Hey, at least all of this did not happen in the Holland tunnel.  And stop being so hard on yourself, we've all done similar things on the road on occasion. :lucyhehe:  Lucy in real life also.

Believe me, there are far more destructive things that can be done with a careless driver. At least nobody got hurt.

• Like 1

I got home from a party approx. 12:30 AM last night and realized I didn't know the code to get in the house. I knew it was somebody's birthday but couldn't figure it out from there. I get that this was an episode of Keeping Up Appearances but it could work in a Lucy episode just as well.

I got home from a party approx. 12:30 AM last night and realized I didn't know the code to get in the house. I knew it was somebody's birthday but couldn't figure it out from there. I get that this was an episode of Keeping Up Appearances but it could work in a Lucy episode just as well.

Wasn't LUCY's birthday was it?  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...