Real Life Lucy

Luvsbway

Last week a branch of my family had a party at my aunt and uncle's new lake house. I rode back with my grandparents because (1) I was not in any condition to drive, and (2) everyone gets super anxious when two 85-year olds take off for three hours in a minivan. Anyway, they were parked way up in the yard and had to go down a hill and onto the driveway. As soon as my Grandpa starts backing out, my Bousha starts yelling that he's not being careful enough. Next thing you know, everyone is gathered around the van shouting directions and making things even more complicated. In the middle of all the hubbub, my Bousha turns to me and says "It's just like The Long Long Trailer!", and I absolutely started cackling. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I have a friend whose dad likes to order stuff from UPS- like literally from the UPS corporation- apparently they have a wide variety of products with their logo on it. Anyway, part of his big order included two beanies that had the company logo embroidered with sequins on it. All of the boxes come today and they realize that UPS has accidentally sent them bags and bags and bags filled with these bedazzled beanies. Watching the video of my friend's dad opening up each new box and pulling out more and more sparkly hats and piling them up on the kitchen counter looked a lot like Lucy and Ethel's side of beef being delivered. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Mot Morenzi said:

Here's a "Real Life Fred" moment.

Last week, Max was frantically looking for his glasses. I'll give you a hint: if they were a snake, they'd have bitten him. 

I feel that as I age there are going to be more Fred moments. Still can't find the bedroom tv remote and it's been a month. 

• 2 months later...

During this lockdown, the band students at my former high school have to record themselves practicing and send it in to the director or something. My sister is currently playing her saxophone in the basement and I can hear it from my room two floors up. I'm starting to think Curtis had the right idea with that mousse.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Freddie2 said:

During this lockdown, the band students at my former high school have to record themselves practicing and send it in to the director or something. My sister is currently playing her saxophone in the basement and I can hear it from my room two floors up. I'm starting to think Curtis had the right idea with that mousse.

Whip up some Jell-O Pudding & Pie Filling and get pourin'! :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I found myself as part of an assembly line yesterday, but rather than wrapping chocolates, I was packing lunches to deliver to underprivileged kids who would normally get food at school during the day. Even without a tyrannical forewoman, things were very hectic nonetheless. I quickly understood Lucy and Ethel's strife. And by the way, whose bright idea was it to call that place Kramer's Kandy Kitchen? I can only imagine that the gals' five pound boxes were blazoned with "KKK" emblems.

6 hours ago, Freddie2 said:

I found myself as part of an assembly line yesterday, but rather than wrapping chocolates, I was packing lunches to deliver to underprivileged kids who would normally get food at school during the day. Even without a tyrannical forewoman, things were very hectic nonetheless. I quickly understood Lucy and Ethel's strife. And by the way, whose bright idea was it to call that place Kramer's Kandy Kitchen? I can only imagine that the gals' five pound boxes were blazoned with "KKK" emblems.

Kudos to you for your charitable work. I think you probably could have benefited from a work song to stay motivated and on schedule.

"Gonna stuff a chicken.....

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

Kudos to you for your charitable work. I think you probably could have benefited from a work song to stay motivated and on schedule.

"Gonna stuff a chicken.....

Actually, during the lunch-packing segment of the day, we're treated to lectures on social justice from various representatives of the organization. Always twenty-something college students who are a little too meek for the subjects they're covering. Can't fault them for being genuine, but jeez, take a page from Jane Fonda at start yelling once in awhile; we're not going to get offended. (I sound a bit like Omar Whittaker right now) A little of that Rose Nylund spunk would be great.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...