Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Luvsbway

Real Life Lucy

Recommended Posts

Last week a branch of my family had a party at my aunt and uncle's new lake house. I rode back with my grandparents because (1) I was not in any condition to drive, and (2) everyone gets super anxious when two 85-year olds take off for three hours in a minivan. Anyway, they were parked way up in the yard and had to go down a hill and onto the driveway. As soon as my Grandpa starts backing out, my Bousha starts yelling that he's not being careful enough. Next thing you know, everyone is gathered around the van shouting directions and making things even more complicated. In the middle of all the hubbub, my Bousha turns to me and says "It's just like The Long Long Trailer!", and I absolutely started cackling. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

I've been meaning to share this here for months: Max and I installed a new shower head a few months back. 

...we didn't need those little round things, right?

Nope, you'll be good, just keep a snorkel in the shower.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a friend whose dad likes to order stuff from UPS- like literally from the UPS corporation- apparently they have a wide variety of products with their logo on it. Anyway, part of his big order included two beanies that had the company logo embroidered with sequins on it. All of the boxes come today and they realize that UPS has accidentally sent them bags and bags and bags filled with these bedazzled beanies. Watching the video of my friend's dad opening up each new box and pulling out more and more sparkly hats and piling them up on the kitchen counter looked a lot like Lucy and Ethel's side of beef being delivered. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As I'm scrolling through The Lounge right now, my neighbor's dogs two houses down won't stop barking. Their names? Lucy and Ethel. Maybe they sense what I'm up to.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's a "Real Life Fred" moment.

Last week, Max was frantically looking for his glasses. I'll give you a hint: if they were a snake, they'd have bitten him. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Mot Morenzi said:

Here's a "Real Life Fred" moment.

Last week, Max was frantically looking for his glasses. I'll give you a hint: if they were a snake, they'd have bitten him. 

I feel that as I age there are going to be more Fred moments. Still can't find the bedroom tv remote and it's been a month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Luvsbway said:

I feel that as I age there are going to be more Fred moments. Still can't find the bedroom tv remote and it's been a month. 

Oh, I'm always losing mine in the sheets. Or sometimes the dog is lying on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mot Morenzi said:

Oh, I'm always losing mine in the sheets. Or sometimes the dog is lying on it. 

Oh I tore the bed apart, under it, around it. I never even left the room from waking up to losing it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

During this lockdown, the band students at my former high school have to record themselves practicing and send it in to the director or something. My sister is currently playing her saxophone in the basement and I can hear it from my room two floors up. I'm starting to think Curtis had the right idea with that mousse.

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Freddie2 said:

During this lockdown, the band students at my former high school have to record themselves practicing and send it in to the director or something. My sister is currently playing her saxophone in the basement and I can hear it from my room two floors up. I'm starting to think Curtis had the right idea with that mousse.

Whip up some Jell-O Pudding & Pie Filling and get pourin'! :P 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Mot Morenzi said:

Whip up some Jell-O Pudding & Pie Filling and get pourin'! :P 

Some gay sparkling jello might work better. Form it to the bell in the fridge for 3 hours. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Luvsbway said:

Some gay sparkling jello might work better. Form it to the bell in the fridge for 3 hours. 

There's a good idea!

If you really want a mess, there's always orange tapioca pudding. The kids say it's candy good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I found myself as part of an assembly line yesterday, but rather than wrapping chocolates, I was packing lunches to deliver to underprivileged kids who would normally get food at school during the day. Even without a tyrannical forewoman, things were very hectic nonetheless. I quickly understood Lucy and Ethel's strife. And by the way, whose bright idea was it to call that place Kramer's Kandy Kitchen? I can only imagine that the gals' five pound boxes were blazoned with "KKK" emblems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Freddie2 said:

I found myself as part of an assembly line yesterday, but rather than wrapping chocolates, I was packing lunches to deliver to underprivileged kids who would normally get food at school during the day. Even without a tyrannical forewoman, things were very hectic nonetheless. I quickly understood Lucy and Ethel's strife. And by the way, whose bright idea was it to call that place Kramer's Kandy Kitchen? I can only imagine that the gals' five pound boxes were blazoned with "KKK" emblems.

Kudos to you for your charitable work. I think you probably could have benefited from a work song to stay motivated and on schedule.

"Gonna stuff a chicken.....

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Luvsbway said:

Kudos to you for your charitable work. I think you probably could have benefited from a work song to stay motivated and on schedule.

"Gonna stuff a chicken.....

Actually, during the lunch-packing segment of the day, we're treated to lectures on social justice from various representatives of the organization. Always twenty-something college students who are a little too meek for the subjects they're covering. Can't fault them for being genuine, but jeez, take a page from Jane Fonda at start yelling once in awhile; we're not going to get offended. (I sound a bit like Omar Whittaker right now) A little of that Rose Nylund spunk would be great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...