LUCY BY THE NUMBERS

71548?

reply from vivfantoo: When the first episode of My Favorite Husband aired. (I confess -- I figured this was a date & googled it :) !) How about, to make this game a little easier, we mention whether the number we post is from Lucy's real life or from one of her shows. The number I'm throwing out for you all to guess is 129, & it is from one of her shows. Bonus points if you can name the episode! :professor:

New York Times: “Lucille Ball will appear in CBS' Radio, half-hour series, My Favorite Husband,” published this date, 7/15, in 1948.

Actually, viv, the first episode was a preview episode, with Lucille and Lee Bowman, 7/5/48; the first episode, with Lucille and Richard Denning was 7/23/48.... I'm sorry; I just caught the error in my questioning the 15th - the NYTimes article was the date I was referring to. Loving you, JK

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

72401 - Lucille; co-star; brother, a co-star; Desilu involved....

Mabel Albertson, actress, 95 titles; sister of Jack Albertson; star, Desilu Productions', Those Whiting Girls, as Mrs. Whiting, 26 episodes, 1955-57; the Arnazes co-star, film, Forever Darling; Desilu Productions', December Bride “Ruth's Haircut”, 1956; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Make Room for Daddy, “Danny Goes on USO Tour”, 1956; Desilu Productions', The Californians “Panic on Montgomery Street”, 1958; Desilu Studios'-filmed, Make Room for Daddy, “Teacher for a Day”, 1961; Desilu Productions', Fair Exchange “Innocents Abroad”, 1962; with William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) My Three Sons, “The Substitute Teacher”, 1964; as well as Lucille's guest, The Lucy Show “Lucy and the Missing Stamp”, 1964, is born this date, 7/24, in 1901.

• 2 weeks later...

Mabel Albertson, actress, 95 titles; sister of Jack Albertson; star, Desilu Productions', Those Whiting Girls, as Mrs. Whiting, 26 episodes, 1955-57; the Arnazes co-star, film, Forever Darling; Desilu Productions', December Bride “Ruth's Haircut”, 1956; guest, Desilu Studios'-filmed, Make Room for Daddy, “Danny Goes on USO Tour”, 1956; Desilu Productions', The Californians “Panic on Montgomery Street”, 1958; Desilu Studios'-filmed, Make Room for Daddy, “Teacher for a Day”, 1961; Desilu Productions', Fair Exchange “Innocents Abroad”, 1962; with William Frawley (Lucy's Fred Mertz) My Three Sons, “The Substitute Teacher”, 1964; as well as Lucille's guest, The Lucy Show “Lucy and the Missing Stamp”, 1964, is born this date, 7/24, in 1901.

Not that it's "Lucy relevant" or anything as I don't recall they ever worked together but I've always found it interesting and kinda cool that Miss Albertson was also Cloris Leachman's mother-in-law! :D

Of another sort-of "Lucy connection" -- a stretch though it may be -- but she played Darrin Stephen's mom on Bill Asher's (ILL director majority of episodes) long-running Bewitched. :lucycoy:

Not that it's "Lucy relevant" or anything as I don't recall they ever worked together but I've always found it interesting and kinda cool that Miss Albertson was also Cloris Leachman's mother-in-law! :D

Of another sort-of "Lucy connection" -- a stretch though it may be -- but she played Darrin Stephen's mom on Bill Asher's (ILL director majority of episodes) long-running Bewitched. :lucycoy:

Yeah, THAT one I remember. Mabel was practically everybody's mother on so many series.

11/11/11: Thought this set of numbers was 'interesting'; so, checked; found these two connections to Lucille Ball: ENJOY!!!!

Al Simon, producer; 14 titles; former radio writer, hired on the set of (“I Love Lucy”), July 1951; served as production manager, 33 episodes, 1951-1952, had, for a number of years, been experimenting with the three-camera filming system with live audiences on the set of CBS' TV, Truth or Consequences, with Ralph Edwards; instrumental in bringing Academy Award-winning cinematographer genius, Karl Freund, on board, who remained until 1956, keeping in constant contact with director and camera coordinator via Al's two-way intercom system which he developed in 1951; is born this date, 11/11, in 1911.

Patric Knowles, actor, 124 titles; Lucille Ball film-career co-star, Beauty For The Asking, as Denny Williams, as well as Five Came Back, as Judson Ellis, 1939; is born this date, 11/11, in 1911.

• 4 months later...

Archived