Lucy's Emmy record

vivfantoo*

I dun't get it, she has finally, after decades of trying, AVENGED LUCILLE BALL, what the hell does she mean by that? And Lucy did it back in the day when there were very few awards given, not like today where they give it to you for anything.

Julia was obviously joking with her "avenged Lucille Ball" comment. Last year, when they "tied" in nominations, Julia talked about how much she loved Lucy. Once again, both the categories that Julia has been nominated in were around in Lucy's day. Julia hasn't committed any type of fraud.

Julia was obviously joking with her "avenged Lucille Ball" comment. Last year, when they "tied" in nominations, Julia talked about how much she loved Lucy. Once again, both the categories that Julia has been nominated in were around in Lucy's day. Julia hasn't committed any type of fraud.

I never said she was. I meant in the good old days of quality programming, even supporting actors and writers did not get acknowledged. Now hairdressers and voiceover work gets nods. Not to mention the area where Lucy would have cleaned up, guest actress in a comedy or variety series. Sorry, but it had to be said, LOL! I love Julia and know she loved Lucy, I've heard her talk about Lucy in the most complimentary ways. I don't begrudge her anything, I just wish the Academy would stop focusing on the same people all the time, there are loads of deserving actors who never get any recognition from the Emmy people. How about YOUR favorite, Georgia Engel for her guest stint and recurring role on Everybody Loves Raymond, ditto Katharine Helmond. SORRY, BUT IT HAD TO BE SAID! LOL!

I never said she was. I meant in the good old days of quality programming, even supporting actors and writers did not get acknowledged. Now hairdressers and voiceover work gets nods. Not to mention the area where Lucy would have cleaned up, guest actress in a comedy or variety series. Sorry, but it had to be said, LOL! I love Julia and know she loved Lucy, I've heard her talk about Lucy in the most complimentary ways. I don't begrudge her anything, I just wish the Academy would stop focusing on the same people all the time, there are loads of deserving actors who never get any recognition from the Emmy people. How about YOUR favorite, Georgia Engel for her guest stint and recurring role on Everybody Loves Raymond, ditto Katharine Helmond. SORRY, BUT IT HAD TO BE SAID! LOL!

I'm sorry but Julia has to be the most overrated performer in the history of the Emmy awards and they've had some doozies like Don Knotts, John Larroquette, Rhea Perlman, Justin Timberlake - talented performers all (well maybe not that last one :lucyhehe: ) but it's just absurd how many Emmys/nominations they racked up in comparison to many great performers who have never had anywhere near this level of acknowledgement from the Emmys and yet they are top ranking tv icons.

The Emmys are pretty ridiculous now in many ways - I mean they're still giving scores of soap opera Emmys and there's what just four soap operas still on tv ? And some stupid categories too like "Best Young Actor" or whatever it's called specifically for actors 18-25???? :lucyshock:

I'm sorry but Julia has to be the most overrated performer in the history of the Emmy awards and they've had some doozies like Don Knotts, John Larroquette, Rhea Perlman, Justin Timberlake - talented performers all (well maybe not that last one :lucyhehe: ) but it's just absurd how many Emmys/nominations they racked up in comparison to many great performers who have never had anywhere near this level of acknowledgement from the Emmys and yet they are top ranking tv icons.

The Emmys are pretty ridiculous now in many ways - I mean they're still giving scores of soap opera Emmys and there's what just four soap operas still on tv ? And some stupid categories too like "Best Young Actor" or whatever it's called specifically for actors 18-25???? :lucyshock:

You and I seem to always agree on these things, imagine, Jackie Gleason never got an Emmy and Red Skelton never got his due either. Disagree about Don Knotts though, he deserved every one he got, well, maybe not five in a row. LOL! And as much as I never cared for Justin Timberlake, I have to say that HIS hosting stints on SNL are some of the best in the series. Of course in OUR day, people didn`t get an Emmy for hosting an episode of a past it`s prime sketch show.

As for your remark about the Daytime Emmys, so true, it was embarrassing this year, many stars didn`t bother showing up, the show was bad, flawed and that four soaps on and all four nominated was ridiculous. No wonder they couldn`t even get a decent network to show the damned thing. HLN indeed!

• 4 years later...
3 hours ago, leenorman said:

When I booted and logged on this a.m.; this site was mentioned:  [for what it's worth, here it is:]

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/emmys/emmy-awards-the-best-photos-from-over-the-years/ss-AArP625?ocid=spartandhp

SEE:  SLIDE 15

That pic reminded me once again how mind-boggling it is that Viv only won ONE for all her years at Lucy's side -- should have been at least THREE times that, if not for every year of ILL and by rights, for the first season of TLS and even for her guest appearances on HL, although I don't think they had a guest actor category back then that would have garnered her the trophy I'm guessing... and of course, it goes without saying Big Red deserved one for every season of ILL at the very least....how she was "overlooked" as she had no peer --not that I'm biased--is again, mind-boggling and something I'll never quite understand! :vanda:

I always think about how Lucy was overlooked by the Emmys through her whole career. I can only guess that she was the "It" girl at the time and it would've seemed like overkill if she had (deservedly) won more often. Bill for sure should've won as well. Also- not even a nomination for Stone Pillow?

3 hours ago, Freddie2 said:

I always think about how Lucy was overlooked by the Emmys through her whole career. I can only guess that she was the "It" girl at the time and it would've seemed like overkill if she had (deservedly) won more often. Bill for sure should've won as well. Also- not even a nomination for Stone Pillow?

Re: Stone Pillow - No, I don't get that one either! From what I vaguely remember, there seemed to be talk of mounting a campaign to get her a nomination (these days, apparently that's what it takes!) but for inexplicable reasons, Gary or someone squashed that idea so nothing (sadly) much ever came of it.  Shame. :vanda:

Archived