Shirley at the Derby

Yes and after we were arrested, we'd both call our mothers and would yell into the phone "STOP saying 'Sir, you have the wrong number!'"

I'll see if I can find the pics.  I lost the contents of my hard-drive but certainly have the actual pics somewhere.

After the conversation (and that's not really the word to describe it) , I freaked because if Lucy and Gary figured out who I was, the might have blamed the phone number/bean spilling on Bob and/or Madelyn, since they knew that I knew them.

I don't know exactly what year this was but my memory tells me  the "John Davidson" episode had just run and she was in the midst of the "Mame" production.  If I could only have gotten on their good side and I might have gotten a job as an extra on the movie---maybe one of those waiters carrying an hor doerve tray in the "It's Today" sequence.  I re-watched it recently and I certainly would have put more life into it than  one waiter off to the side of the shot during the 'Let's raise hell, gain ....while we may" who seems almost comatose.  Interesting, in that he mouths the words "while we may" again after it is sung, which makes me think there may have been a more crowd-singalong arrangement that was dropped.  Because there was another waiter behind Lucy in a different shot that seems to be doing background "OO"'s that did not make it to the final soundtrack.

I think it's strange that they went with Lucy singing solo most of the time when if "the entire cast joined in", it might have made for a better sounding number.

Someone else watch it and tell me what you think.

Well, good for you for having the nerve to call, I would have also, it's not like you were interrupting anything, they never did anything anyway, LOL!  But a mere fan getting their unlisted number, what nerve!  If you and I had known each other back then, we'd have climbed that back wall and gone through the crap in that guesthouse, that's fer dang shur!  I've always liked you but I have a total new respect now, after hearing that.  Why don't you post the two pics you have with Lucy and Desi, they were awesome.

Archived