Alter Lucy titles to make new episodes!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Lucy & Viv Learn Cluedo

The girls utilize their love of mysteries and board games to solve Irma's mysterious death. It was Mr. Mooney in the parlour with a doohickey!

Lucy Becomes an Aeronaut

After her harrowing flight at the birthday party, Lucy decides to become a professional balloonist. Predictably, things don't go so well.

Lucy & Viv Become Ty Cobbs

Taking their enthusiasm for Jerry and Sherman's little league to the next level, Lucy and Viv try out for the newly formed New York Mets.

Lucy Buys a Choate

After an unexpected financial windfall, thanks to another Our Miss Thomas boo-boo, Lucy becomes the primary investor for an elite private school in Connecticut.

Lucy is a Francophone

When Mr. Mooney's grouchiness finally drivers her over the edge, Lucy Carmichael becomes fluent in French in preparation for joining the Foreign Legion.

Lucy is a Parolee

Lucy and Hard-Head get released early on good behavior, but are soon on-the-lam after butting parole officer Mooney in the breadbasket.

Lucy & Viv Learn Cluedo

The girls utilize their love of mysteries and board games to solve Irma's mysterious death. It was Mr. Mooney in the parlour with a doohickey!

Lucy Becomes an Aeronaut

After her harrowing flight at the birthday party, Lucy decides to become a professional balloonist. Predictably, things don't go so well.

Lucy & Viv Become Ty Cobbs

Taking their enthusiasm for Jerry and Sherman's little league to the next level, Lucy and Viv try out for the newly formed New York Mets.

Lucy Buys a Choate

After an unexpected financial windfall, thanks to another Our Miss Thomas boo-boo, Lucy becomes the primary investor for an elite private school in Connecticut.

Lucy is a Francophone

When Mr. Mooney's grouchiness finally drivers her over the edge, Lucy Carmichael becomes fluent in French in preparation for joining the Foreign Legion.

Lucy is a Parolee

Lucy and Hard-Head get released early on good behavior, but are soon on-the-lam after butting parole officer Mooney in the breadbasket.

HAHAHA! Wundaful!

Cluedo though? You're beginning to talk more like Max's people every day.

• Like 1

A quick rant:

I never did understand why they call it Cluedo in some parts of the world. I probably haven't mentioned it on here, but I consider myself a Clue expert. I have a pretty large collection of different editions of the game (a little weird, I know. I don't have any idea how my hobby got started. I've just always been collecting Clue games). Originally just called Murder!, when creator Anthony Pratt sold the game to Parker Bros, it was renamed Cluedo, a mix of "Clue" and the Latin word for "I Play". I wonder why it was changed for the American editions...

• Like 1

HAHAHA! Wundaful!

Cluedo though? You're beginning to talk more like Max's people every day.

LOL! I am picking up some of the local lingo, yes. I've also been told by a few people that my accent is adjusting, though I can't hear it myself.

I almost made it "Lucy and Viv Learn Judiasm". Then I'd really be acting like Max's people!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

The Girls Want to go to a Fight Club

​Sensing their boredom leading a domestic life, Mrs. Trumball recruits Lucy and Ethel as new members of her local fight club.  Ethel gets a black eye during her first bout, leading every one else in the building to believe Fred is beating Ethel.  So, Lucy breaks the first rule of the club to save Fred's reputation.  In retaliation, the club plots revenge by invading the night club during Ricky's show.  Hilarity ensues as the disguised duo defeats the fight club members in a West Side Story type of rumble on the stage of the Tropicana.  All the newspapers hail the new show as groundbreaking nightclub entertainment.

• Like 3

The Girls Want to go to a Fight Club

​Sensing their boredom leading a domestic life, Mrs. Trumball recruits Lucy and Ethel as new members of her local fight club.  Ethel gets a black eye during her first bout, leading every one else in the building to believe Fred is beating Ethel.  So, Lucy breaks the first rule of the club to save Fred's reputation.  In retaliation, the club plots revenge by invading the night club during Ricky's show.  Hilarity ensues as the disguised duo defeats the fight club members in a West Side Story type of rumble on the stage of the Tropicana.  All the newspapers hail the new show as groundbreaking nightclub entertainment.

Most excellent! Very clever and funny. Love the thought of Mrs. Trumball as a brawler.

• 5 months later...

The Poophole in the Fleece

When Jerry catches a cold after using the drafty bathroom one frigid night, Lucy and Viv devise their next get-rich-quick scheme: a fleece onesie with a bum flap to keep you warm when nature calls. After a surprisingly eager Mr. Mooney agrees to provide startup capital, they must come up with a name. Lucy wins the coin toss and decides upon "Forever Lucy." The product is a massive hit around town and soon they're rolling in dough. Hoping to expand, Mooney arranges for the girls to promote the product on live television. This backfires, however, when the refried beans Lucy had the night before start acting up and she can't get the flap undone.

Mooney: Well, Mrs. Carmichael, there goes all our money down the drain. Next time, make sure what you just did goes down the drain, too!

Viv: Lucy, your ideas usually stink, but this is ridiculous!

• Like 1

When Jerry catches a cold after using the drafty bathroom one frigid night, Lucy and Viv devise their next get-rich-quick scheme: a fleece onesie with a bum flap to keep you warm when nature calls. After a surprisingly eager Mr. Mooney agrees to provide startup capital, they must come up with a name. Lucy wins the coin toss and decides upon "Forever Lucy." The product is a massive hit around town and soon they're rolling in dough. Hoping to expand, Mooney arranges for the girls to promote the product on live television. This backfires, however, when the refried beans Lucy had the night before start acting up and she can't get the flap undone.

Mooney: Well, Mrs. Carmichael, there goes all our money down the drain. Next time, make sure what you just did goes down the drain, too!

:lucywow:

Alternate end scene rejected by CBS censor:  

Mooney gets involved and tries to streamline production costs.  Plus he insists on doing the QVC demonstration broadcast himself. But the hot studio lights melt the grey-market glue he procured at a bargain, holding the snaps on the 'back door' opening. The snaps give way just as Mooney is doing his mincing runway turn and the camera is zooming in on flap feature and yes "Mooney Moons" the audience from coast to coast.  

Alternate titles (also rejected by censor) "Mooney Gets Em-Bare-Assed" and "Coast-to-Coast Big Butt". 

Enthusiastic Studio Audience Member: Madge Blake

• Like 2

Alternate end scene rejected by CBS censor:  

Mooney gets involved and tries to streamline production costs.  Plus he insists on doing the QVC demonstration broadcast himself. But the hot studio lights melt the grey-market glue he procured at a bargain, holding the snaps on the 'back door' opening. The snaps give way just as Mooney is doing his mincing runway turn and the camera is zooming in on flap feature and yes "Mooney Moons" the audience from coast to coast.  

Alternate titles (also rejected by censor) "Mooney Gets Em-Bare-Assed" and "Coast-to-Coast Big Butt". 

Enthusiastic Studio Audience Member: Madge Blake

That's great, I love it!

In addition to Blake, can fellow audience member Ruth McDevitt give a wolf whistle? And perhaps Barbara Morrison could trot out her snooty matron again and storm out in an offended huff.

• Like 1

That's great, I love it!

In addition to Blake, can fellow audience member Ruth McDevitt give a wolf whistle? And perhaps Barbara Morrison could trot out her snooty matron again and storm out in an offended huff.

If I had been involved in any series at the time, Barbara Morrison, Iris Adrian and Jody Gilbert would be semi-regulars.

Add Ruth McDevitt and you've got a bus-and-truck version of "The Golden Girls".

• Like 1

If I had been involved in any series at the time, Barbara Morrison, Iris Adrian and Jody Gilbert would be semi-regulars.

Add Ruth McDevitt and you've got a bus-and-truck version of "The Golden Girls".

Oh there's another one: Iris Adrian as the man-hungry wardrobe assistant who takes a bit too long to fix the flap malfunction.

"Just pinchin' 'em to see what kind they are!"

• Like 1

Oh there's another one: Iris Adrian as the man-hungry wardrobe assistant who takes a bit too long to fix the flap malfunction.

"Just pinchin' 'em to see what kind they are!"

Gives new meaning to Hard Head Hogan's line: "I butted a guy the other night and instead of going out the door, he went right through the wall". 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

"Irma Visits Vern"

Simultaneous to "Viv Visits Lucy", Mrs. Mooney's 'Barrego Springs Women's Professional Wrestling Tour' makes a stop in Danfield.  Once lonely Vern gets a look at his old flame, now going by the professional name "Bow-legged Irma", he sends a wire to Hollywood telling his 150 pound canary to 'fly away'. 

Note: Vivian Vance rejoins the cast of "The Lucy Show"....IF ONLY!

"Viv Visits Lucy" has its moments but I wish it had been better.  One wonders why it took Vivian Vance almost TWO years to return to the show.  We got a Viv episode every season between this and 71-72.  "Viv Visits" is a true 1967 time capsule.  The hippie culture was just happening and their run-ins with "the fuzz" were widely reported.  Based on the audience laughter and applause, new rules about police conduct must have been enacted:  "Look at those new rules.  Am I allowed to tell her to get her foot off my motorcycle?" "It says you can as long as you take your hat off."  As a kid, I did not get the double ententre: "Hi, Hi.  I'm Vi" followed by Lucy "I'm LOOSE".   

Wasn't "The Hairy Ape" also a club used in Here's Lucy, one of the many, the owners of which Harry is familiar?

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Neil said:

"Irma Visits Vern"

Simultaneous to "Viv Visits Lucy", Mrs. Mooney's 'Barrego Springs Women's Professional Wrestling Tour' makes a stop in Danfield.  Once lonely Vern gets a look at his old flame, now going by the professional name "Bow-legged Irma", he sends a wire to Hollywood telling his 150 pound canary to 'fly away'. 

Note: Vivian Vance rejoins the cast of "The Lucy Show"....IF ONLY!

"Viv Visits Lucy" has its moments but I wish it had been better.  One wonders why it took Vivian Vance almost TWO years to return to the show.  We got a Viv episode every season between this and 71-72.  "Viv Visits" is a true 1967 time capsule.  The hippie culture was just happening and their run-ins with "the fuzz" were widely reported.  Based on the audience laughter and applause, new rules about police conduct must have been enacted:  "Look at those new rules.  Am I allowed to tell her to get her foot off my motorcycle?" "It says you can as long as you take your hat off."  As a kid, I did not get the double ententre: "Hi, Hi.  I'm Vi" followed by Lucy "I'm LOOSE".   

Wasn't "The Hairy Ape" also a club used in Here's Lucy, one of the many, the owners of which Harry is familiar?

That plot is hysterical. I LOL'd at Vern telling his 150 pound canary to fly away!

I agree that Viv Visits Lucy could've been better. I really only like it up to the point they dress in the hippie garb.

The opening is very touching and the scene in the office is great, but the second act loses me. Though the girls dressed in those outfits is a great sight gag, the script feels like a 40s joke writer's idea of what hippie culture was like, rather than what it was really like. Lucy and Viv come across as old fuddy duddies, and the kids are, again, caricatures of how old fuddy duddies perceived them. 

This would have to be one of my least favorite Viv reunion shows overall, along with the Hawaiian episodes. I enjoy the others much more. 

• 4 weeks later...

"Lucy and the Fran Ryan Fiasco"

Soon after Carol Burnett informs Kim and Craig that she will not return for another high school benefit show, Fran Ryan appears at the Unique Employment Agency on the heels of her termination from "The Doris Day Show."  Fran agrees to do the benefit, but is a no-show on show night, having just been cast as Barbara Pepper's replacement on "Green Acres."  Lucy and the kids are shocked by the number of complaints upon Fran's failure to appear, prompting Lucy to quip "Who knew Fran is the Y. A. Tittle of the teeny bopper set?"

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

"Lucy Gets Slummy With the Neighbors"

Upset that Betty and Ralph Ramsey are letting their home fall into disrepair, Lucy attempts to teach them a lesson by junking up the outside of her home.  The plan backfires when some of the cars parked on blocks in the front yard turn out to be reported as stolen.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, RodMcK1 said:

"Lucy Gets Slummy With the Neighbors"

Upset that Betty and Ralph Ramsey are letting their home fall into disrepair, Lucy attempts to teach them a lesson by junking up the outside of her home.  The plan backfires when some of the cars parked on blocks in the front yard turn out to be reported as stolen.

And then a documentary film crew shows up and this becomes a better story than Grey Gardens. 

"They can get you for wearing red shoes on a Thursday...it's a mean, nasty Republican town." 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2