Rare Lucille Ball memorabiliato be featured in live auction

I agree about the crowd in the Hall of Fame, Brock. But where is Lucy in all this? I don't think the two will mix in the next couple of years. The center is using all the money towards the hall of fame instead of re-investing in anything Lucy related. They have changed the name of the building from Playhouse to Studio, they have taken Lucy's image off the posters and festival t-shirts and slowly they are moving in the direction of stand up comics. With all the energy focused on the train station, who is minding Lucy? The employees cannot answer any questions about Lucy. They stand behind the registers with no energy and the place is sad and empty all winter. All money is re-directed towards the train station. I have some insight on other things, but I am not at liberty to share. Time will show you all, unfortunately!

Off to Lucy Lane for some real fun. Garage sale for Lucy lovers and all the rest of the town on the 1st -4th during the Comedy Festival...Also, a Barb, B, Q to benefit Hospice of Chautauqua. Come buy a hot dog, beans, snack and a pop for 5 bucks and I will donate everything to the Pet Program at Hospice. The CEO of Hospice will be on hand minding the grill as well as our HEAD GRILLER-Ben!

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a little insight on induction ceremonies...cleveland is home to the rock and roll hall of fame and the induction ceremony has only been held in Cleveland 3 times the rest of the time it is held in LA or NYC. Is it possible the same thing would happen with a comedy hall of fame in Jamestown? How many of these comedy legends are actually going to be willing to come to Jamestown?

The duplicates were made for Lucy and probably worn by her too. For example, one copy of the Mame costume might have been worn by Lucy in the film and the other might have been worn on the publicity tour and on Here's Lucy.

If there are two sets of Hostess Pants, can't I have just one? It's the only thing that stands between me and giving smart dinner parties.

I agree about the crowd in the Hall of Fame, Brock. But where is Lucy in all this? I don't think the two will mix in the next couple of years. The center is using all the money towards the hall of fame instead of re-investing in anything Lucy related. They have changed the name of the building from Playhouse to Studio, they have taken Lucy's image off the posters and festival t-shirts and slowly they are moving in the direction of stand up comics. With all the energy focused on the train station, who is minding Lucy? The employees cannot answer any questions about Lucy. They stand behind the registers with no energy and the place is sad and empty all winter. All money is re-directed towards the train station. I have some insight on other things, but I am not at liberty to share. Time will show you all, unfortunately!

Off to Lucy Lane for some real fun. Garage sale for Lucy lovers and all the rest of the town on the 1st -4th during the Comedy Festival...Also, a Barb, B, Q to benefit Hospice of Chautauqua. Come buy a hot dog, beans, snack and a pop for 5 bucks and I will donate everything to the Pet Program at Hospice. The CEO of Hospice will be on hand minding the grill as well as our HEAD GRILLER-Ben!

Your revelations are already earth shattering, wonder why it's taken this long for us fans to find out what the hell is going on in that place. I knew something was wrong when A L L her shows and movies are NOT available at a Museum supposedly honoring H E R !

Number ONE: Reading all this in the past couple of days, I'm wondering why Lucie Luckinbill hasn't raised HELL if something is wrong with it; she certainly remains heavily in the $$background of all things done in her mother's name. I'm also thinking Wanda Clark would not be coming here if there were anything 'amiss'; but, guess time will tell. But, thinking back, if it's a secrecy thing; there was certainly MUCH of that going on, including what Lucie and Wanda DID NOT know back starting in about 2005 and moving forward....SO.....maybe she doesn't know there is difficulty with the Jamestown connection to her Mom. SECRECY certainly nearly DESTROYED the Center years ago; maybe 'someone' should delve more carefully into this secrecy. (I WAS on site during the secrecy stage, and was as surprised as anyone; and had to DRAG TRUTHs out of CERTAIN PEOPLE in the know.... I left in 2007, just before the fire~!!!)

Number TWO: Melody Thomas Scott is still a 'believer' in the Center, donating thousands IN DESIGNER CLOTHING to the $$good of the Museum et al; if you recall, or don't know, she was a founding Board member of the Lucille Ball-Desi Arnaz Center, until 'all hell broke loose in the upstairs offices'.... (WAS on site during her term also and read the letter she wrote resigning her post!!!!)

Number THREE: I'm trying to figure out who this JESSICA is...

MOST IMPORTANTLY:

If this is something Lucille WANTED ALL ALONG, she certainly HAS IT in SPADES this year. There are so many comedians coming in, Jamestown may end up laughing itself into a sick fit....

But, in the past 'several years' at home, working on the chronology, about to go into the ninth year; and barely having scratched 'the surface' of Lucille's life; and, I've been 'out of the loop' of secrecy which is certainly in obvious 'undertow' from what I'm reading; seems like 'someone' could fix it, if it's so bad.

Guess, I'm playing 'devil's advocate', as well, Brock. Someone should be saying these things instead of just 'alluding to them', and waiting for the BAD to happen

.....AGAIN. That would be the TRUE LOVE OF LUCY. jk

Joyce, the auction stuff was just added to the Melody Thomas Scott stuff just days ago. Why would they list Lucy items one week before the festival instead of at the beginning of the ads? The clothes from Melody have been in the back of the basement at Lucy Desi since Melody was here. It is old and has been sitting there for years.

The other stuff, Journey said herself, came from the archives. She says they are doubles. Doubles or not, they should be kept in archives. Donated items to the museum should never be sold. And do you think that the sewing kit is a double. And I would like to see all this double stuff together! I am sure the archive person has no idea what is what in that room.

As for Lucie, why would you say she is heavily in the $$ background. I don't believe that is true. She has nothing to gain or lose here. The fans have an "experience" to lose many items that belong to the Center.

Bill Rapaport shared a page: Lucy Desi Center.

I just posted this on the Lucy Desi Center FB page:

"I think the current management and trustees of the Center don't understand the nature of auctions or of gifts to the Center. Auctions should only consist of merchandise that individual collectors have donated to the Center for the precise purpose of auctioning them off, as is done for any typical charitable auction as a way of fund-raising. When one museum-like institution, such as Universal's Lucy exhibit, transfers items to another such institution, those items should become part of the archives and not subject to a sell-off. Is the Center in such dire need of funds that they prefer selling off their archives rather than running a fund-raising campaign?"

Anyone wishing to comment should do so at https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lucy-Desi-Center/131667716884328 so that the management can read the comments

According to its website, The Lucy-Desi Center for Comedy is a nonprofit organization with the mission of preserving the legacy of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz by enriching the world through the healing powers of love and laughter and by developing the comedic arts.

So how is selling off archival stuff preserving the Legacy of Lucille Ball?

Shouldn't the Executive Director be out finding money to buy Lucy stuff instead of selling it? I bet they aren't buying a thing from the Dreier Collection! That is where their profits from comedy should be going!

According to its website, The Lucy-Desi Center for Comedy is a nonprofit organization with the mission of preserving the legacy of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz by enriching the world through the healing powers of love and laughter and by developing the comedic arts.

So how is selling off archival stuff preserving the Legacy of Lucille Ball?

Shouldn't the Executive Director be out finding money to buy Lucy stuff instead of selling it? I bet they aren't buying a thing from the Dreier Collection! That is where their profits from comedy should be going!

I'm glad they aren't buying anything from the Dreier collection....Those items deserve to be in the care of real Lucy fans. The center would probably just throw them on the floor or stuff them in a box never to be seen again....until they need money and decide to auction them off!

Did you Lucy fans know that:

Lucille Ball had gifts wrapped for employees. Some of those gifts, still wrapped, are in the archives. I know what's in them and they would be amazing on display. How much can we bet that they have been unwrapped by now because no one at the Center knows what the hell it is? That wrapping cannot be duplicated or replaced. The items in the packages are duplicates. Are they next on the chopping block?

Why don't they rotate the displays? The Third Street location did and every festival would have new stuff on display. Took a non festival trip once and spent an hour just reading the Christmas cards Lucy sent to her Jamestown friends. Use to love capturing these displays on film until cameras got banned at some point. That was so stupid. I photographed priceless works of art in Philly last weekend, but I can't take pics of some award?

Luvsbway, everyone takes pictures now. It is not enforced. No one has time to change exhibits. All efforts are in the Comedy Hall of Fame. Maybe if they read this, they will change a few things....HEHE The train station remains empty waiting for this comedy thing to happen.

BTW-they are charging for the chocolate activity and for grape stomping at the train station.

Archived