The New Favourite Lucy Photos Thread! (Vol. 3)

Brock

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Weeeeeeee! She looks like she is having so much fun in those dancing pics :) .

I think she was always a frustrated singer dancer, but just felt she never had the capabilities to do it well, well, SHE WAS WRONG, because she was terrific at everything she ever attempted, even that last song and dance number on the Hope special.

I think she was always a frustrated singer dancer, but just felt she never had the capabilities to do it well, well, SHE WAS WRONG, because she was terrific at everything she ever attempted, even that last song and dance number on the Hope special.

I agree. So many times she put on a musical on her comedy TV show. She grew up idolizing Astaire and Rogers and always secretly thought that was a class act she would like to be. She was one great grade A+ dancer. She always gave great production numbers right to the end with Bob Hope. She too was good singer though not superstar singer and always had the charm to keep you entertained as she sang. It is too bad her voice went lower but with Bob Hope she did great in that number.

By the way I think,Lucy knew she was a great dancer but I don't think she knew how her voice was entertaining. She was very humble

Hate to correct ya, but no, she didn't. She said on a Joan Rivers interview that Lucie could just go out there and sing and dance with Tommy Tune but she admitted she herself did a lot of it, but that was after weeks of rehearsal. And at the Oscars a month before she died, part of her speech was saying that every actor is at heart a song and dance man, she admired those people so much, of course she admired anyone with talent and felt very insecure about her own. I agree that she always featured songs and dancing on her own shows, she loved doing those numbers more than anything else.

Archived