The Lucy Show OR Here's Lucy

I adore the first few seasons of The Lucy show over the later and Here's Lucy. Either way so glad to have both shows in my DVD collection. I could literally sit and watch any of the shows all day long. If only I was rich and had nothing else to do. LOL

Yeah, welcome and YOU have great taste. I think we've all thought of doing just that at one point in our lives.

• Like 1

I adore the first few seasons of The Lucy show over the later and Here's Lucy. Either way so glad to have both shows in my DVD collection. I could literally sit and watch any of the shows all day long. If only I was rich and had nothing else to do. LOL

I try to have a Lucy marathon most nights before bed! :D Well actually I've been lacking lately.

• Like 1

I can find something to enjoy in virtually everything Lucille Ball did but I do tend to enjoy The Lucy Show more. Probably because the first years were still tip-top quality on par with I Love Lucy and later on we were able to enjoy the first go-round with Gale Gordon. This will probably get my ass kicked but another reason is the absence of Lucie and Desi Jr. who tended to hog valuable airtime better used by their mom.

I know..." :lucyshock: "

I can find something to enjoy in virtually everything Lucille Ball did but I do tend to enjoy The Lucy Show more. Probably because the first years were still tip-top quality on par with I Love Lucy and later on we were able to enjoy the first go-round with Gale Gordon. This will probably get my ass kicked but another reason is the absence of Lucie and Desi Jr. who tended to hog valuable airtime better used by their mom.

I know..." :lucyshock: "

O M G I can't believe you said that, LOL!

• 4 weeks later...

Another thing I like about The Lucy Show is LOOKING at Lucille.... Her Hollywood Made Up Glamor... Her legs, her hair, lips, eyes, eye brows....how many.stars today are just fun to look at? I realize her LUCY SHOW LOOK is a makeup job, but man do I like looking at it. The beautiful clown...miss LUCY....when the material is a bit.creaky I just nask in her made up beauty. :)

• Like 1

Another thing I like about The Lucy Show is LOOKING at Lucille.... Her Hollywood Made Up Glamor... Her legs, her hair, lips, eyes, eye brows....how many.stars today are just fun to look at? I realize her LUCY SHOW LOOK is a makeup job, but man do I like looking at it. The beautiful clown...miss LUCY....when the material is a bit.creaky I just nask in her made up beauty. :)

We all do...nask in her beauty, that is! :lucythrill:

You mean BASK?  Yeah, Lucy had a special LOOK that only the greats had.  And she looked so sophisticated in the sixties after having had that wholesome look in the fifties.

• 3 years later...

It seems the overall consensus of this group of Lucy fans is the early years of The Lucy Show OVER the later ones and Here's Lucy. I think the general public would agree with that assessment.

As far as the other seasons or group of seasons (TLS 4-6, HL 1-3, HL 4-6) of later Lucy TV Series go it is apparent that there is no consensus but rather a diversity of outlooks.

It seems the overall consensus of this group of Lucy fans is the early years of The Lucy Show OVER the later ones and Here's Lucy. I think the general public would agree with that assessment.

As far as the other seasons or group of seasons (TLS 4-6, HL 1-3, HL 4-6) of later Lucy TV Series go it is apparent that there is no consensus but rather a diversity of outlooks.

I certainly like them all, but I'd have to say my favourites would be the early years of The Lucy Show and the later years of Here's Lucy.

I certainly like them all, but I'd have to say my favourites would be the early years of The Lucy Show and the later years of Here's Lucy.

I'm with you, despite "arguments"/opinions I recall here and elsewhere that TLS ratings (not to mention Emmy noms/wins for the star etc.) increased/went up after Viv left/the format change but I don't care I still feel the "golden years" (and most of the best episodes) of TLS were those first three seasons --particularly the first one, in my mind up there in quality and humor with prime ILL episodes -- and HL really "fired on all cylinders" with the mid-run return of contributors Bob & Madelyn -- e.g. I can think off the top of my head half a dozen episodes they wrote that I can watch over and over and then there are those by others (usually earlier in the run) that I've barely made it through and frankly, except for the "highlights", may never care if I ever see again... especially those damn lame episodes featuring chimpanzees and fake Garboonas! :blink:

• Like 1

I'm with you, despite "arguments"/opinions I recall here and elsewhere that TLS ratings (not to mention Emmy noms/wins for the star etc.) increased/went up after Viv left/the format change but I don't care I still feel the "golden years" (and most of the best episodes) of TLS were those first three seasons --particularly the first one, in my mind up there in quality and humor with prime ILL episodes -- and HL really "fired on all cylinders" with the mid-run return of contributors Bob & Madelyn -- e.g. I can think off the top of my head half a dozen episodes they wrote that I can watch over and over and then there are those by others (usually earlier in the run) that I've barely made it through and frankly, except for the "highlights", may never care if I ever see again... especially those damn lame episodes featuring chimpanzees and fake Garboonas! :blink:

Agreed. Many episodes of Here's Lucy that I've seen were a case of "once is enough".

• Like 1

I know I'm in the minority here but I love here's lucy. I find the Lucy Carmichael more like a spoilt child. Dont get me wrong I love the lucy show too but here's lucy is my go too show out of the two

I can understand where you're coming from. The addition of the kids helped Lucy Carter feel more fleshed out than the later years of Lucy Carmichael, where she was so isolated, save for the guest stars and Mooney. I just wish the writing had been stronger for the early years of Here's Lucy when Craig was on the show. Once Bob and Madelyn returned on a part time basis, the stories grew much stronger.

• Like 1