Colorized "I Love Lucy" DVD set for Nov. 5, CBS Special airs Dec. 20

Brock

Nobody needs to be told what they can and can't post. If you are not interested in a topic or thread or disagree with it, just don't read it.

Point taken, but every argument has been made countless times. If you'd like to keep posting-- feel free... but only time will answer our questions.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Point taken, but every argument has been made countless times. If you'd like to keep posting-- feel free... but only time will answer our questions.

I meant no offense and I agree with you it's getting to be a broken record but I don't want anyone to feel censored whatever their opinion and certainly not on such an important subject in regards Lucy's legacy.

Well, as long as you understand, we dun`t get that many threads that bring out lively discussion like this one did, so we kinda hate to see it slow down.

I meant no offense and I agree with you it's getting to be a broken record but I don't want anyone to feel censored whatever their opinion and certainly not on such an important subject in regards Lucy's legacy.

Thanks, as someone who HAS been censored many times, I feel your pain.

One last reply........ someone made the comment Lucy in 3D ..... it already is when she pops out of the television set in Lucy does a TV commercial.

Who knew the colorization of ILL would be as controversy to fans as religion, politics, evolution, and sex. Haha

One last reply........ someone made the comment Lucy in 3D ..... it already is when she pops out of the television set in Lucy does a TV commercial.

Who knew the colorization of ILL would be as controversy to fans as religion, politics, evolution, and sex. Haha

Not controversial at all, we just want something more from our favorite show and favorite entertainer. We're always asking more of the lady and she's been serving the world for over half a century now, but it's just never enough for us, we keep wanting more, LUCY IN COLOR. And if anybody was ever MADE for colorization, it is this colorful lady.

YES LUCY WAS MADE FOR COLOR. The red hair and the blue eyes just ask for color.

Well, look at your colorful avatar of her and tell me different, the lady was made for color, if Desi was so smart as they keep trying to convince us of, why the hell did he not shoot the series in COLOR!

Correct Lucy was made for color. Color film was more expensive at the time and color television was just starting at the time. If Desi knew in 1951 that 62 years later the show would still be in reruns maybe he would have filmed the show in color. I say the reasons the show was done in black and white was cost and color tv just starting in the 1950's. But Desi was smart to use film to record the show. Desi was ahead of his time by using film for the show. :desi1:

Correct Lucy was made for color. Color film was more expensive at the time and color television was just starting at the time. If Desi knew in 1951 that 62 years later the show would still be in reruns maybe he would have filmed the show in color. I say the reasons the show was done in black and white was cost and color tv just starting in the 1950's. But Desi was smart to use film to record the show. Desi was ahead of his time by using film for the show. :desi1:

Nah, it was because NBC pioneered color and he was at CBS. I meant later, when the show was this humongous HIT, then, he should have switched to color, what could CBS say, they needed the show and would have forked out the extra money needed. What was his SCUSE for starting The Lucy Show in black and white then?

Well then with NBC having color and CBS still using black and white, seems that CBS would have been to cheap to allow the show to be in color. I am sure CBS had alot to do with the black and white film decision. And CBS did not start full color broacasts till 1965.That CBS was still in black and white in 1962 might be the reason the first season of The Lucy Show is in black and white.

Open your mind, I know it's closed for renovations, BUT, it would be nice to see the show in a different light for a change.

I'll ignore the insult and simply say try turning on a lamp, B&W can be viewed in the bright of day and the dark of night as opposed to the previous posts hideous "samplings" of the so-called "enhancement" of fake color! :lucythrill:

I'll ignore the insult and simply say try turning on a lamp, B&W can be viewed in the bright of day and the dark of night as opposed to the previous posts hideous "samplings" of the so-called "enhancement" of fake color! :lucythrill:

That bottom avatar of yours would look so great, if it was in color of course. Desi looks like that fake head from The Dummy was put on hot and ran.

Chipping in a bit late but here goes. surely the best argument for colour is Lucy went red for colour lol

My actual opinion though add I have said before, coming from the UK black and white TV shows had pretty much gone altogether, I had never seen the black and white bewitcheds until they were colourised and they have only been released on DVD there to my knowledge colourised. The Lucy show also received the same treatment.

So in my opinion colourising is vital to the survival if the show if not in the us, internationally.

Chipping in a bit late but here goes. surely the best argument for colour is Lucy went red for colour lol

My actual opinion though add I have said before, coming from the UK black and white TV shows had pretty much gone altogether, I had never seen the black and white bewitcheds until they were colourised and they have only been released on DVD there to my knowledge colourised. The Lucy show also received the same treatment.

So in my opinion colourising is vital to the survival if the show if not in the us, internationally.

God bless you, my child, such wisdom, such clarity, you are just awesome, LOL!

Archived