Colorized "I Love Lucy" DVD set for Nov. 5, CBS Special airs Dec. 20

Brock

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UKLucyFan:

I really like your avatar. It's really nice. Where's it from? it looks is if it's from the "LA at Last" "I Love Lucy," but it looks like it's in color, or colorized. When, where and yow did you find it? Was it taken from the colorized "LA at Last" "I Love Lucy" episode, from one of the Loving Lucy conventions?

UKLucyFan:

I really like your avatar. It's really nice. Where's it from? it looks is if it's from the "LA at Last" "I Love Lucy," but it looks like it's in color, or colorized. When, where and yow did you find it?

Probably from the colorized L A at last clips they keep talking about.

Wow. I have been catching up on the posts on this thread, and I can't believe people are getting so torn up over the whole color thing. As a Lucy fanatic (and I'm assuming everyone here is; otherwise they wouldn't even be participating), what is the big deal about colorizing the show so long as it is done WELL, and as accurately as possible (not like the horrible job on the previously released Christmas show)? As someone who has watched every episode a gazillion times, I would LOVE to have them in color for my own viewing pleasure. I have always wondered what color this or that is, and I think that colorizing the show would make it THAT much more engaging for those of us who can recite lines along with the actors. It was be such a wonderful treat! On a side note, I also think Season One of TLS is the best--but, after seeing the remaining 5 seasons in color, I wish they had filmed the first one in color as well. It is just more engaging that way (in my personal opinion.)

Wow. I have been catching up on the posts on this thread, and I can't believe people are getting so torn up over the whole color thing. As a Lucy fanatic (and I'm assuming everyone here is; otherwise they wouldn't even be participating), what is the big deal about colorizing the show so long as it is done WELL, and as accurately as possible (not like the horrible job on the previously released Christmas show)? As someone who has watched every episode a gazillion times, I would LOVE to have them in color for my own viewing pleasure. I have always wondered what color this or that is, and I think that colorizing the show would make it THAT much more engaging for those of us who can recite lines along with the actors. It was be such a wonderful treat! On a side note, I also think Season One of TLS is the best--but, after seeing the remaining 5 seasons in color, I wish they had filmed the first one in color as well. It is just more engaging that way (in my personal opinion.)

Well, that's all i'm sayinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Thanks for your comments, they are greatly appreciated as I too wonder why this bothers some as long as they have it in black and white like they prefer, what the heck do they care that they bring it out in color for the rest of us.

I thought of a valid point, while driving to work this morning. According to the DVD contents, it says that they have both the black and white, and colorized versions for all three episodes. With that being said, shouldn't the flashbacks of the Christmas Special be colorized, as well? I know I (we) can't say anything until we see it on DVD and/or when it's aired on CBS in December, but if they don't colorize the flashbacks for the Christmas Show, isn't that considered false advertising, on their part? I can't wait to finally view this episode.

I thought of a valid point, while driving to work this morning. According to the DVD contents, it says that they have both the black and white, and colorized versions for all three episodes. With that being said, shouldn't the flashbacks of the Christmas Special be colorized, as well? I know I (we) can't say anything until we see it on DVD and/or when it's aired on CBS in December, but if they don't colorize the flashbacks for the Christmas Show, isn't that considered false advertising, on their part? I can't wait to finally view this episode.

I'm so happy I recorded the original when it aired and then I bought the one they released, but I ended up watching my copy instead. I forget what mine had that theirs didn't. Isn't it the flashbacks weren't included and that makes it really stupid, not including them I mean.

Not only did they not include them, but when they were on the original broadcast that aired, those weren't even in color. It's just like with the colorized scenes that were featured at the begning, of each video on the "I Love Lucy" collection from Colmbia House, and the CBS/Paramount DVDs. I was very upset and disappointed when only the characters in the scenes were colorized, while nothing in the background was. Speaking of things that weren't included in future "I Love Lucy" releases, I wonder why they didn't include the wrap-around segments of the "I Love Lucy" Pilot Episode that was hosted by Lucie Arnaz. I don't know why that hasn't been on any DVD releases, either the whole episode, or just the wrap-around segments, hosted by Lucie Arnaz. "Somebody's asleep at the switch," for sure! Gettling back to the Christmas episode, when I first saw it, I liked it. I thougt it was okay for the time. The only thing that bothered my about it was that the flashbacks weren't colorized. They always manage to cheat us,and short-change us, in some way, shape of form.

Not only did they not include them, but when they were on the original broadcast that aired, those weren't even in color. It's just like with the colorized scenes that were featured at the begning, of each video on the "I Love Lucy" collection from Colmbia House, and the CBS/Paramount DVDs. I was very upset and disappointed when only the characters in the scenes were colorized, while nothing in the background was. Speaking of things that weren't included in future "I Love Lucy" releases, I wonder why they didn't include the wrap-around segments of the "I Love Lucy" Pilot Episode that was hosted by Lucie Arnaz. I don't know why that hasn't been on any DVD releases, either the whole episode, or just the wrap-around segments, hosted by Lucie Arnaz. "Somebody's asleep at the switch," for sure! Gettling back to the Christmas episode, when I first saw it, I liked it. I thougt it was okay for the time. The only thing that bothered my about it was that the flashbacks weren't colorized. They always manage to cheat us,and short-change us, in some way, shape of form.

Okay, I think you're precariously close to "over the line" here: To whom are you referring? Columbia House? CBS? Or the folks who worked so diligently behind the scenes (e.g. Tom Watson, Gregg Oppenheimer, etc.) not only as fans but professionals to ensure we got these amazing DVD releases resplendent with all the extra bonus goodies of ILL that very well could never have seen the light of day, let alone found their way into our greedy little hands??

How many other 60+ year old TV shows can you name that have received such sterling treatment? Not many, I dare say.

The trouble with "fans" like you is nothing is ever good enough, appreciated enough nor ever done "right"! You really want these in "color" that badly?? Buy yourself a box of crayons and "color" you TV monitor! Knock yourself out, buddy! Eeesh! :lucyeww:

I'm not referring to anybody in particular. I'm not singling anybody out. I'm not talking about what we got. I'm very happy, glad and satisfied with what we've gotten & received thus far.

I never said nothing wasn't good enough for me. I do appreciate it all. I never said that I didn't. Please, don't speak for me, and/or put words in my mouth. I'm a very big fan, with a lot of love, and respect for the series, the actors and the people behind the scenes. I'm very dedicated and devoted. And, it's not just me that wants these in color. There's a lot of other people that do.

I'm not referring to anybody in particular. I'm not singling anybody out. I'm not talking about what we got. I'm very happy, glad and satisfied with what we've gotten & received thus far.

I never said nothing wasn't good enough for me. I do appreciate it all. I never said that I didn't. Please, don't speak for me, and/or put words in my mouth. I'm a very big fan, with a lot of love, and respect for the series, the actors and the people behind the scenes. I'm very dedicated and devoted. And, it's not just me that wants these in color. There's a lot of other people that do.

Okay, but that doesn't explain your snarky "They always manage to cheat us,and short-change us, in some way, shape of form" comment. Just how have you been so cheated, so ill-used and by whom?? Nobody OWES these be re-done in color just because you'd prefer them that way. If this ever does happen (gawd forbid!) and eventually, I'm sure it will, it will strictly be a bu$ine$$ deci$ion, since CB$ knows all too well how to milk the proverbial ca$h cow that is the Lucy (especially ILL!) legacy!

:lucyeww:

First off, my comment wasn't "snarky," in the least. Again, not just me, but I've read other comments in this thread regarding colorization, flashbacks, wraparound segments, etc. I honestly didn't mean anything harsh by what I wrote. I, and the other people who have posted in this thread were wondering why certain elements/scenes weren't included in certain releases. It was just a figure of speech. Again, it's NOT just me who prefers them a certain way, there's a lot of people who do. I hope this DOES happen! I'm all for it, and encourage it, as well as a lot of other fans. Again, it's not just me!

First off, my comment wasn't "snarky," in the least. Again, not just me, but I've read other comments in this thread regarding colorization, flashbacks, wraparound segments, etc. I honestly didn't mean anything harsh by what I wrote. I, and the other people who have posted in this thread were wondering why certain elements/scenes weren't included in certain releases. It was just a figure of speech. Again, it's NOT just me who prefers them a certain way, there's a lot of people who do. I hope this DOES happen! I'm all for it, and encourage it, as well as a lot of other fans. Again, it's not just me!

Ok, neutral corners guys. You made a great point about the show not showing or bothering to show the scenes they had just talked about, just made no sense. And they did show them in the original showing, then why the hell NOT include them when it was redone. How would you like to see a Twilight Zone that would say, we want to show you the four best scenes we ever did and leave spaces for them introduce them and then comment after NOT seeing them?

Archived