Colorized "I Love Lucy" DVD set for Nov. 5, CBS Special airs Dec. 20

Brock

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Regarding the question above from JYuhas, the three episodes (Christmas, Grapes, Scotland) will be presented on the DVD individually, both in color and in black-and-white... The "seamless" edited version -- the program being broadcast on December 20 -- will not be included on that disc... so if we want it for our collections, we will need to record it "off air."

I'm just thrilled that the Ricardos and Mertzes will be back in network primetime!

Do these images look like Oompa Loompas?  I really wish Yahoo! bloggers would restrain from criticizing footage they haven't even seen.  And why are they linking to the old colorization from 23 years ago…it's very misrepresenting!

Here are a few screen grabs from Paramounts Press site…I hope you enjoy!

post-84-0-56575900-1382596083_thumb.jpg

post-84-0-72077600-1382596136_thumb.jpg

post-84-0-10237500-1382596159_thumb.jpg

post-84-0-47071600-1382596181_thumb.jpg

Do these images look like Oompa Loompas?  I really wish Yahoo! bloggers would restrain from criticizing footage they haven't even seen.  And why are they linking to the old colorization from 23 years ago…it's very misrepresenting!

Well said and I did enjoy. Thx!

OMG THEY ARE GORGEOUS

DoreSchary,

Can you post a link to the website where you obtained the screen grabs from?  If not, would you be able to send them to me via Facebook and/or E-mail.  I'd love to see the othe rones you were going to post, but weren't able to.  My E-mail address is Jonathan.Yuhas@yahoo.com, you cna use that to do a Facebook search for me, too! 

DoreSchary,

Can you post a link to the website where you obtained the screen grabs from?  If not, would you be able to send them to me via Facebook and/or E-mail.  I'd love to see the othe rones you were going to post, but weren't able to.  My E-mail address is Jonathan.Yuhas@yahoo.com, you cna use that to do a Facebook search for me, too! 

Unfortunately, the website is password protected....but this material is for the press if they would actually distribute it. ;-)  I sent these to "Rickee" last night.  Rickee, can you try posting the others here when you have time, please?  :D  

There may also be some press video clips available soon....I will be sure to let you guys know once it's available.   The DVD will be here in less than two weeks. 

Very well said and these are just stunningly beautiful, thanks for posting them.

I so agree. You can't be compared at all, which is one reason why I think its good to do away with the old version and look forward to actually being presented some beautifully restored, colored ILL, primetime, during the holidays! and even before then, on DVD

This knocks the previous colorization out of the park! It looks like it actually filmed in color! I hope that they colorize the complete series, in the near future!

OMG Agreed!! Im planning on getting the DVD, and I hadn't before because I didn't think there was a difference, but Im definitely getting my copies as soon as they come out. 

I was under the impression that they weren't doing anything with the colors, as far as changing them.  I thought that they were going to make it look less pixelated, and make it to look more high-def.,  It looks as if they re-colorized the original master. 

Archived