LucyFest 2014 -- Scheduled for August 6 - 10

Mark your calendars!

From the Lucy-Desi Center:

The Lucy Desi Center for Comedy is proud to announce that Lucy Comedy Fest 2014 will be held August 6-10. Past entertainers include Lewis Black, Wanda Clark, Ellen DeGeneres, Bill Engvall, Gregg Oppenheimer, Joan Rivers, Ray Romano,and many more. This is an event you won't want to miss!

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I thought they had a pretty good balance this year with "Lucy" events and "Comedy" stuff -- so it would be great next year if they can build on that and bring in Lucy-related people in the vein of Wanda and Gregg. As for comedy, it would be the best of both worlds if they scheduled a new/young comedian in next year's Madigan slot and a comedy headliner with a Lucy connection who are still touring, such as Rickles, Cosby, Conway, Betty White, Vicki Lawrence, etc. I'd mention Carol Burnett but I think we have all accepted that will never happen by this point. lol

I thought they had a pretty good balance this year with "Lucy" events and "Comedy" stuff -- so it would be great next year if they can build on that and bring in Lucy-related people in the vein of Wanda and Gregg. As for comedy, it would be the best of both worlds if they scheduled a new/young comedian in next year's Madigan slot and a comedy headliner with a Lucy connection who are still touring, such as Rickles, Cosby, Conway, Betty White, Vicki Lawrence, etc. I'd mention Carol Burnett but I think we have all accepted that will never happen by this point. lol

Right on, Brock! Well said. :)

I like the choice in dates. I have a wedding to attend on August 2, so I was holding my breath, crossing my fingers and saying a prayer that the festival would be the next weekend.

Now back to preping my walker and myself for the 5K. :D

• 7 months later...

Not a fan?

I am a fan, but Whoopi said via video at the first of the newly re-vamped Festivals that she had "penciled" in the the next year's Festival into her schedule. The next year rolled around...and nothing. Organizers them said "penciled" did not mean confirmed, or some such nonsense.

Archived