LucyFest 2014 -- Scheduled for August 6 - 10

In today's Post-Journal, and added to the chronology:

LucyFest Receiving 'Fantastic' Interest - 'The amount of interest in the Lucille Ball Comedy Festival this year has been fantastic.  We're extremely pleased with the response we've received and are excited that such a large amount of people will be attending festival events in downtown Jamestown this summer' - Steve Neilans, communications and marketing coordinator - "Tickets for the Lucille Ball Comedy Festival are now available for  purchase.  The annual festival, taking place August 6-10, will feature a wide variety of events, including performances by Jay Leno, Tom Cotter, Caroline Rhea, Lucie Arnaz and many more.  A 'grape-stomping' event, attempting to exceed a world-record is featured, as the Lucy Ricardo look-a-like contest did in 2011, with 916 'dressed' contestants.  Ret Turner, one-time NBC studio wardrobe department head;  Lucille Ball's favorite costume designer, and 5-time Emmy award winner (21 nominations for same) also returns, sharing his past experiences with Lucille.  Tripling in size in 2006, the mission of the museum and center for comedy is to preserve the legacy of Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz and enrich the world through the healing powers of love and laughter through its commitment to the development of the comedic arts." published for this date in 2014.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Post-Journal - [partial article - jk] 'We're thrilled because the venue has 2,200 seats.'  Sold Out - Jay Leno Show sets Lucy Fest Record With Rapid Sales - by Scott Shelters - "It will be a night to remember Saturday August 9, when Jay Leno performs in front of a packed house at the Jamestown Savings Bank Arena.  Tickets went on sale to the general public April 18.  Less than three weeks later, the Lucy Desi Museum and Center for Comedy announced the show had sold out early Thursday morning.  The arena has nearly 1,000 more seats than the Reg Lenna Center for the Arts - which traditionally hosts the festival's headliners.  Residents of 20 states will fill the arena August 9.  'What was interesting was we looked at the ticket buyers.  We were right down the middle', Journey Gunderson, executive director/Center, said.  'Fifty percent of the tickets buyers are from within Chautauqua County and 50 percent are from outside of the county.'" published for this date in 2014.

The Festival has added a special cocktail party with Lucie:

LUCIE ARNAZ COCKTAIL RECEPTION ANNOUNCED

The Lucille Ball Comedy Festival is excited to announce that Lucie Arnaz, Emmy award winning producer, singer, and actress will be having a special cocktail reception on August 9th! The reception will take place after her performance with Jay Leno, and also features a meet and greet photo opportunity with a professional photographer. 

The cost of admission will be $100 for individuals and $175 per couple. Admission is tax-deductible and a physical photo will be sent in the mail to all participants following the event.

Arnaz has had an extremely diversified career spanning over 45 years in show business, and has achieved success wearing the hats of producer, singer, actor and director. In 2012, Arnaz performed at the Lucille Ball Comedy Festival as a musical guest during the "Comics to Watch" showcase featuring Baron Vaughn, Tony Deyo, and Tammy Pescatelli.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I understand Maggie doesn't get in until Saturday, so there might be an excuse for two parties over at Taco Hut! ;)

Sounds great - let me know; I'll be floating around, since in the past 6 months, in order to get my car inspected to stay on the road, I've had to put $1300 into it; so, no extra funding for Fest events.  Still it's on the road; and no car payments for past two years; so, I consider that a good thing.  Sure hope my book sells.... 

That would be an invitation to a masher if I ever saw one!

Ya gotta remember, I'm the one who dared to put up her picture on this Lounge; since my mirror works, it is nauseating; but, it was taken at the Center on Valentine's Day [and...the only one taken of me in recent years!!] - Gregg McC at my right (pic left) - he 'chopped' it for me to submit here...ugh!  Loving you, JK

Archived