LucyFest 2014 -- Scheduled for August 6 - 10

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today's articles regarding FEST:

The Post-Journal, Jamestown NY - I Love Lucy, Too - City Native Shares Love of Lucy With Seniors, by Mallory Diefenbach - "One simple thing can change your life forever. For Paula Brown Krause taking a simple picture of a Lucille Ball mural by Jamestown City Hall started her down the path which made her known as the 'I Love Lucy Lady'. She has put together a presentation on Lucille's life and eventual death to show the woman behind the legend.  Krause does the presentations to nursing homes in Florida, where she currently lives," published for this date in 2014.

The Post-Journal, Jamestown NY - Area News - Battle Of The Bigwigs - Dunkirk Mayor Dolce, Gunderson Participate In Adirondack Challenge With Governor Cuomo - "Journey Gunderson, Lucy-Desi Museum director, joined fellow Chautauqua County residents to network with numerous state and local oficials and tourism industry representatives to spread the word about Chautauqua County," published for this date in 2014.

The Post-Journal, Jamestown NY - Comedic Timing - Chance Encounter Helps Gunderson Land Cotter, Louise For Lucy Comedy Fest, by Gavin Paterniti - "An unexpected encounter by Gunderson, with Cotter, in an unlikely location [Buffalo Airport] has resulted in a rare opportunity for a husband and wife comedy duo to share a state in Jamestown next week [research: Cotter will be one of the Headliners, with Jay Leno and many others, including his comedienne wife, who will appear in introduction of Tom prior to his presentation]," published for this date in 2014.

The Post-Journal, Jamestown NY - "Question of the Day - Will you attend a performance during the Lucy Comedy Fest? - to give your answer, go to httpwwwpost-journaldotcom," published for this date in 2014.  [results in numbers tomorrow's edition to this Lounge....jk]

The Post-Journal, Jamestown NY [bottom front page] - “Question of the Day - Will you attend a performance during the Lucy Comedy Fest? - to give your answer, go to httpwwwpost-journaldotcom," [research: numbers voting tomorrow] - published for this date in 2014.

Results of Jamestown-area voting:  250 votes - YES 16% (34); NO 84% (216) - 8/4/14

The Post-Journal, Jamestown NY [bottom front page] - “Question of the Day - Will you attend a performance during the Lucy Comedy Fest? - to give your answer, go to httpwwwpost-journaldotcom," [research: numbers voting tomorrow] - published for this date in 2014.

Results of Jamestown-area voting:  250 votes - YES 16% (34); NO 84% (216) - 8/4/14

Sadly, I expected that. :lucymeh:

LOL, My mom wanted to go last year.... not my thing lol. Love the new signature!

Thanks!

Not my thing either, but having taken a gander at some of the people milling about the Rodeo last year, I understand your mom, I was certainly intrigued by them. haha

So I just saw in my FB news feed the event page for "The Lucille Ball".... And in the description it says "Find beautiful jewelry and accessories at The Lucy Desi Center's Vintage Boutique on 3rd Street in Jamestown or online at http://goo.gl/27aDHw". So... can anyone explain this, lol? I certainley hope they didn't turn one of the giftshops into a vintage boutique! The fashion line was one thing....

Great to breathe the free air of Jamestown once again!

Welcome to Jamestown 2014; and when we drinking margies....????  Please let me know; don't want to miss seeing at least some of you.  Waiting to hear from Gregg McC;; having lunch at the Pub with him on Friday.

Let me know, please.  Home phone 526-1030 (message service) in case I'm not here.  TV repairman coming tomorrow; hope to dissuade him; so I can come downtown.  Enjoy EVERYONE....ENJOY!!!!  and Details; so I know what I'm missing, and what to pull out for the chronology....Loving each of you, JK

Wish I was there for this year's festivities! Can someone take photos of the "Lucy I'm Home" Exhibit at the Dykeman-Young Gallery? Looks like they may have some great stuff on display! Have fun everyone!

I took quite a bit of photos and will post them later tonight... it is AMAZING... so well put together. It has clothing, furniture pieces from her house (her backgammon table, pictures, her TV, art and more) and so much more. Anyone who is here currently has to go take a look!

Archived