LucyFest 2014 -- Scheduled for August 6 - 10

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Leno was everything one would expect. (More on that later)

The main event is actually unfolding right now in the lobby of the Best Western... A boozy, impromptu wrap party with Diane, Rhonda, and about 15 others. The champagne is flowing like blue rinse.

Leno was everything one would expect. (More on that later)

The main event is actually unfolding right now in the lobby of the Best Western... A boozy, impromptu wrap party with Diane, Rhonda, and about 15 others. The champagne is flowing like blue rinse.

That truly was the best part of the festival!

Wish I could have joined in for MORE activities; just turned out my weekend was as busy as the FEST!

Loved seeing each of you at Taco Hut; a tradition has continued; and is growing.  THANKS for inviting me.  Lovely to meet two newbies, as well; especially, the LOCAL.

Sounds like the 'wrap' was pretty special, as well....  Loving each of you, JK

What a great few days! It was great seeing Brock, Justin, Maggie, Mike, Joyce, Gregg, and other familiar faces.

I can't wait to hear about everything, see pictures, etc. I'm curious to hear about the Cozi TV booth and their free merch, lol. And how was Leno? I know Brock is a huge fan...

The Cozi-TV people were a huge presence at the festival. Several loungers were asked to do promos for Here's Lucy that will air during the marathon on Labor Day. The Cozi-TV booth had a photo of Lucy, Lucie, and Desi Jr. with Desi Jr.'s head cut out for people to stuck their own heads in for photos. They were giving away Here's Lucy magnets and trading cards.

Jay Leno was Jay Leno. Lucie's portion of the show was fantastic.

Every festival should end with a boozy bash hosted by Diane and Rhonda in the Best Western lobby.

Yes!! Diane (I don't know Rhonda but am sure she's just as lovely! ;)) is ALWAYS a hoot and a half to hang around and with champagne added....oh my am I jealous I wasn't there to partake of this!!! So glad you all are Having Wonderful Time!!!  :peachonthebeach: 

Got home tonight after a loooo-oooo-oooo-ng wait at the border, absolutely exhausted, so will post more tomorrow. It was wonderful seeing everyone again!

Last night's unscheduled party in the hotel lobby was definitely an event for the ages. :HALKING:

I put together several albums on Flickr. Here they are. I am most definitely not a professional photographer... but the majority of the photos are fine. They aren't in any particular order. Let me know if you'd like to know anything. I will write my recap soon.... unless Brock or Jimmy does first, since we all went to the same events.

I put together several albums on Flickr. Here they are. I am most definitely not a professional photographer... but the majority of the photos are fine. They aren't in any particular order. Let me know if you'd like to know anything. I will write my recap soon.... unless Brock or Jimmy does first, since we all went to the same events.

GREAT to see you again!  And......MANY THANKS for sharing your photo album with us; it's almost like I was there....

Loving you, JK

P.S.  Hoping your trip home was an uneventful one; and sorry I didn't get to say hi to your mom this time.

GREAT to see you again!  And......MANY THANKS for sharing your photo album with us; it's almost like I was there....

Loving you, JK

P.S.  Hoping your trip home was an uneventful one; and sorry I didn't get to say hi to your mom this time.

No problem, glad you enjoy them! .... My mom says hi, and hopes all is well!

Does anyone recall seeing Lucy's Emmy gown on display in the museum? It's the sequins one with a blue, pink and green pastel pattern. I lent it for them to put up specifically for the festival and have asked repeatedly for photos of it to no avail. :lucyeww:  Anyone by chance take photos of it?

Great photos Justin! Thanks for sharing. What all did the silent auction have besides the pair of Lucy's shoes and gloves? 

Most of it was just ILL merchandise. But they did have all the plate collections.... a collection of "rare" framed photos (none of which were really special, but they sold for like $500). I was most surprised that the "People" Magazine from August 1989 (it reads 'Remembering Lucy' on the cover) that can usually be found for like $10-20 had a starting bid of $70 and went, to my knowledge, up to around $80-90 with several bids. I guess they really wanted it.

I wanna know more about the photos and furniture from the at home gallery.

The gallery exhibit was fantastic. Justin has posted a Flickr link with great pictures. Below are some more. The one minor complaint I have is that they didn't seem to know when she wore these clothes. Most of them were very recognizable, but they were just labeled "Lucille Ball gown circa 1960s-1980s." They should have asked the board members here and we would have told them!

409893618.jpg

Some of the gowns.

409893616.jpg

Baby Lucy's cradle built by Grandpa Hunt.

409893619.jpg

409893620.jpg

Mame costume designs.

Every festival should end with a boozy bash hosted by Diane and Rhonda in the Best Western lobby

Indeed!  This was the best after-party!  We were up until about 2:30 that morning, and it was a total blast.  I can easily say that the booz bash/after-party was one of the best parts of the festival, besides - of course - the Lucy and Ethel show.   :D   We definitely need to do that every year. 

I found out that Dykeman Young Gallery is planning to do another Lucy-related exhibit in August 2015.  They want to focus on the fans and their experiences...why they come to Jamestown, why they're fans of Lucy, what are their experiences with Lucy, Jamestown, etc.  They're looking for input, ideas, and items for the exhibit and are asking help from the fans.  If you want to participate or have any recommendations, contact Dykeman Young Gallery at dykemanyoung@windstream.net or 716-483-5772.

Archived