Lucy & Lucie on The Don Ho Show (excerpt)

Here is a very short excerpt from one of Lucy's most bizarre TV appearances: The Don Ho Show in 1977. The Lucy segment is from 3:07 to 3:22.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8EHxM8Z9LMk&feature=youtu.be

The Paley Center has a full copy of this show. Here's the set up: Lucie was the guest co-host of the week and she brought Lucy and DeDe with her to Hawaii. During the show Lucie mentions that her mother is currently on another part of Hawaii. In this segment, an audience member has to play a What's My Line? type game with a celebrity over the telephone. The questions don't have to be yes or no. The person on the phone is obviously Lucy. The guy from the audience has no idea, so Don supplies the questions. (Question: Do you do crazy things?/Lucy: Yes, in bed.) The guy never guesses who it is and the other audience members clearly think he's an idiot. Then there's the telephone exhange between Lucie and Lucy seen in the above clip. Lucy makes her surprise entrance with a microphone in one hand and a drink in the other. Despite having a microphone in her hand, Lucy does not speak on camera, she just parades around the stage while Lucie and Don sing Mame accompanied by a hula girl kickline.

Lucie was supposed to be the guest co-host for a week, but ended up doing it for three consecutive weeks. Lucie superfan Rosie O'Donnell told her high school she was suffering from mononucleosis so she could cut school for three weeks and watch Lucie on the show every day. :marionstrong:

Here is a very short excerpt from one of Lucy's most bizarre TV appearances: The Don Ho Show in 1977. The Lucy segment is from 3:07 to 3:22.

The Paley Center has a full copy of this show. Here's the set up: Lucie was the guest co-host of the week and she brought Lucy and DeDe with her to Hawaii. During the show Lucie mentions that her mother is currently on another part of Hawaii. In this segment, an audience member has to play a What's My Line? type game with a celebrity over the telephone. The questions don't have to be yes or no. The person on the phone is obviously Lucy. The guy from the audience has no idea, so Don supplies the questions. (Question: Do you do crazy things?/Lucy: Yes, in bed.) The guy never guesses who it is and the other audience members clearly think he's an idiot. Then there's the telephone exhange between Lucie and Lucy seen in the above clip. Lucy makes her surprise entrance with a microphone in one hand and a drink in the other. Despite having a microphone in her hand, Lucy does not speak on camera, she just parades around the stage while Lucie and Don sing Mame accompanied by a hula girl kickline.

Lucie was supposed to be the guest co-host for a week, but ended up doing it for three consecutive weeks. Lucie superfan Rosie O'Donnell told her high school she was suffering from mononucleosis so she could cut school for three weeks and watch Lucie on the show every day. :marionstrong:

I enjoyed all 15 seconds of her guest shot.

• 10 months later...

Harry:  Do you have the date of Lucie and Lucille's appearances in 1977?  I can't find it....Thanks if you can find at Paley...

Loving you, JK

Harry: Do you have the date of Lucie and Lucille's appearances in 1977? I can't find it....Thanks if you can find at Paley...

Loving you, JK

I have never been able to find out the exact dates. They were taped in January 1977. Lucy was on two shows in a row. In the second, Lucie, Lucy, and DeDe were briefly interviewed.

Harry:  Any chance you can 're-post' the video; my attempt at viewing says video removed by owner - !! -   Thanks if you can; oh,well, if you can't; hoping all is well with you and yours.

Personally, I must add:   this is a WONDERFUL ADDITION for the chonology!  I just love these little 'knowing' tidbits, not commonly known by the majority of Lucille's vast fan network.  Loving you,  JK

Archived