Little Ricky a coworker?

Luvsbway

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Operator error?? :lucythrill:

I write this reply, a long one too, to a friend in Private Messages and then after three tries, it just won't go through, cancelling itself every single time, gonna try again today.  When I told Bogsey the computer expert my symptoms, he said it might be the keyboard, so we'll be changing that soon.

When we moved and I redid the Lucy Room in this house, I wanted to make sure it was done right.  I leave room to expand in areas.  I also upgraded my frames I had things in to look better.  I swear though every new item I hang we always end up fighting as it goes up.  Those LLT Lobby Cards were a pain in the butt.  Lot's of measuring and they are set so if you bump one they all go out of whack.  Poster putty has been a major help.

When we moved and I redid the Lucy Room in this house, I wanted to make sure it was done right.  I leave room to expand in areas.  I also upgraded my frames I had things in to look better.  I swear though every new item I hang we always end up fighting as it goes up.  Those LLT Lobby Cards were a pain in the butt.  Lot's of measuring and they are set so if you bump one they all go out of whack.  Poster putty has been a major help.

Oh that would drive me nuts too, if there is anything I can't stand it's a crooked picture on the wall, YOU DID A TERRIFIC JOB!

That's only half of it.  I'll get some pics up one of these days.  

As you look at your incredibly full and beautiful Lucy collection, just enjoy it thoroughly as some, even members HERE, have gotten some really devastating things happen to their collections recently.  Karen for one and just yesterday I finally heard back from Kenny and he lost some of his also.  Make sure you have an alarm system or good deadbolt locks on the doors to that room. 

• 2 weeks later...

I met up with Joe again today to attend his show, which I will give details of later, but we even had a news crew from our local CBS affiliate interview him. If they have a link on their website I'll post it. He didn't even know they were coming. It will be on tonight at 11, as they say.

I won't recap the talk Joe did as it was very similar to what Neil recapped here last year.  It was a nice crowd who seemed to be really interested in what he had to say.  I was surprised when the news crew showed up. The reporter brought some of her family along to hear the presentation as well.

What was funny though as Joe had already met me and seen the Lucy room he knew how die hard a fan I was, so he said at the beginning that I could keep him honest on anything that he might not know or remember.  I sat towards the back and every so often he would ask me to provide some detail or when we got to the Q and A if there was something he could not answer he would hand it over to me.   When he finished the show I had a few people come up to me and say how amazed they were at the walking encyclopedia I was, because I could elaborate on details, offer quotes, come up with non ILL knowledge, etc..  As I had walked in with Joe (helping to carry some pink donuts) and him deferring to me throughout they thought I was part of the show.  I filled those individuals in that, no we just met 3 weeks ago via my husband working for the same company as Joe and how it was a small world.

Joe and I got talking  afterwards and he was amazed at all I was able to offer and said that I need to come to his next show and do the same thing as it helped him a lot. (he doesn't have anything lined up so far).  I said sure because I had a lot of fun.  

Joe also said that in the few weeks he's been here he's met a lot of fans and that we should all get together and have a Lucy meet up.  One lady he met is the manager of a local movie theater.  I said that if we worked with her maybe we could do a Lucy movie festival.  

Later that night I was relaxing and watching The Long, Long Trailer that I had tivoed earlier that day.  Charlie came down with the phone and said Little Ricky is on the phone.  It was just so odd an experience as I paused the movie and was talking to Joe about something in relation to the news piece and here I am with his TV parents on the screen at the same time.  Bizarre.   

As an added bonus, if we held our club meeting at Shelly's, we wouldn't even have to "paper the furniture and re-upholster the old furniture." Let's caucus.

All she has to remember is to keep me away from the punch, because if not I may attempt to take a ride on one of those little trains in her yard!

Archived